Vehicle Maintenance Transport Compliance Co-ordinator
Salary: up to £40,000 + benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Maintenance Transport Compliance Co-ordinator within our client's Fleet department, the Customer Vehicles Team.
About the Role
The role holder will be responsible for managing an outsourced fleet services contract, providing repair and maintenance for a fleet of vans, heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), plant and auxiliary equipment. The role holder will work closely with the incumbent maintenance supplier and internal stakeholders to ensure they maintain a safe, compliant and efficient fleet that meets operational requirements.
- Monitor performance of the fleet services contract against agreed service level agreements (SLAs)
- Schedule and attend regular account management meetings with fleet services supplier
- Provide management information (MI) and key performance indicators (KPIs) to report on performance
- Monitor scheduled maintenance compliance (LCV, HGV, plant and auxiliary equipment) and ensure maintenance events are scheduled / aligned to minimise vehicle downtime
- Maintain 100% HGV MOT pass rate by ensuring effective pre-MOT process is in place
- Ensure maintenance records are held in accordance with operator licence requirements and contract terms, with processes in place to regularly audit and report on performance
- Ensure that all contractors are operating within current Health and Safety (H&S) arrangements
- Ensure that all maintenance related safety incidents are investigated and agreed remedial actions are completed timely
- Ensure there are robust processes in place for the outsourced fleet services supplier to check and challenge invoices, to ensure we are only paying for goods/services received
- Implement standard parts and labour rates
- Monitor and report on actual maintenance spend against budget
- Ensure provision of key reports to CVT and vehicle users e.g. vehicle off road (VOR), maintenance planner
- Engage with all vehicle users (e.g. drivers, team leaders) to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with maintenance requirements (scheduled maintenance, defect reporting process etc.)
- Ensure quality of workmanship inspections / audits are being undertaken
- Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence - Road Haulage
- A detailed understanding of the regulatory and legal obligations of commercial vehicle fleet operations, including goods vehicle operator licence requirements
- You must have strong mechanical knowledge and experience working with vans, HGVs, plant and auxiliary equipment
- Workshop or service department experience
- Experience in administration / invoicing relating to service, repair, warranty and maintenance for vans, HGVs, plant and auxiliary equipment
- There will be a requirement to travel to meet suppliers and operational teams, therefore a driving licence and transport is essential
- Must be an effective communicator (verbal, written) to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook), and be able to grasp new software applications
- Time served mechanic with experience
- Experience working in a fleet environment with vans, HGVs and plant within the utilities sector, including tankers
- Experience of fleet and mechanical equipment audit and use of external auditors e.g. FTA
- Experience in completion of tender specification documents and proven experience in technical tender assessment process
- Educated to degree level in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
The role holder will be responsible for managing the outsourced fleet services contract, providing repair and maintenance for the fleet of vans, heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), plant and auxiliary...
Fleet Co-ordinator - Permanent - Glasgow Our client has a fantastic new permanent opportunity based in Glasgow; we are currently recruiting a Fleet Maintenance Co-ordinator to work in their Fleet...
Job Description West Dunbartonshire Council has a vacancy for a fully qualified Mechanic to work as part of a team of Vehicle Technicians providing an effective and efficient service within Fleet...
Area Technician/Mechanic, Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (formerly RLBUHT);, 15 daysThe post holder is primarily employed to provide emergency repairs and routine maintenance of the NHS Trust's fleet of over 700 emergency and non-emergency vehicles. The post holder is required to...
Competitive salary Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Apply now Purpose of the Job To carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in...
We are looking for a PSV/HGV Electrician to join our team in Caledonia Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then...
The role holder will be responsible for managing the outsourced fleet services contract,...
Fleet Co-ordinator - Permanent - Glasgow Our client has a fantastic new permanent opportunity...
Job Description West Dunbartonshire Council has a vacancy for a fully qualified Mechanic to work...
Area Technician/Mechanic, Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (formerly RLBUHT);, 15 daysThe post holder is primarily employed to provide emergency repairs and routine maintenance of...
Competitive salary Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Apply now Purpose of the Job To...
We are looking for a PSV/HGV Electrician to join our team in Caledonia Do you want to be part of...