Trainee/Entry-Level Business Analyst-TEC000ER
Elsevier : EU-GBR-South-Oxford
A rare opportunity has arisen in Elsevier’s growing technology division for a trainee Business Analyst to support multiple projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services. With guidance and supervision from more senior members of the team, this role will undertake requirements-gathering, analysis, definition, testing and user support of business applications and functionality.
Elsevier is a global information analytics company that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education.
It is an exciting time to join Elsevier as we shape our future as a global information analytics provider. We employ over 1000 of the world’s best technologists and our technology teams are using cutting edge technologies to build products and systems that will advance science and health.
You Will Develop Skills In…
- Analysing and documenting basic business requirements and business processes
- Developing basic system specifications, process flow diagrams, and data conversion strategies
- Creating technical and functional user documentation
- Delivering basic user training and user support presentations
- Follow established business processes, protocols and quality standards in development/ deployment of basic business solutions
- Develop ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with stakeholders through effective communication, and efficient execution on assigned projects
- Maintain stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues to managers as necessary.
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes, and solutions to meet product needs
- All other duties as assigned
You should bring…..
- Qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Studies such as A level, BTEC or HND
- Proficiency in (recent version) MS Office products
- Business analysis, testing experience or knowledge of Agile Methodologies would be an advantage
- Competent written and oral communication skills, both face to face and via online tools
- A passion for learning and for technology
Some of the Following Technical Skills Would be an Advantage……
- Understanding of ‘as-is’ and ‘to be’ process mapping and documentation (Ideally)
- Basic understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC), software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages
- Understanding of how to gather business requirements and translate them into user stories/functional specifications
- Moderate facilitation skills are an advantage
Senior Devops Engineer (TEC000HO) Description Elsevier is in the midst of a transformation and technology is simultaneously at the forefront and the driving force. Our innovative technology...
Systems Engineer (TEC000WD) Description Elsevier is a global information business with revenues of over £2 billion, employing more than 9,000 people in over 70 offices across 24...
Senior Process and Policy Analyst (TEC000X1) Description Whatever the challenge, you can be certain that members of our community are working to solve it, and to improve health, society and...
Software Automation Release Lead (TEC000UN) Description We are looking for an AWS infrastructure and deployment engineer to join an existing software product team located in our Oxfordshire...
Software Engineering Lead (TEC000Y5) Description Elsevier want to make our customers experience of finding and purchasing our products and services better, we’re looking for a Software Engineering...
Devops/Systems Engineering Lead (ELS0028L) Description Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information to scientific, medical and research communities. Our aim is to contribute to the sum of...
Senior Devops Engineer (TEC000HO) Description Elsevier is in the midst of a transformation and...
Systems Engineer (TEC000WD) Description Elsevier is a global information business with revenues...
Senior Process and Policy Analyst (TEC000X1) Description Whatever the challenge, you can be...
Software Automation Release Lead (TEC000UN) Description We are looking for an AWS infrastructure...
Software Engineering Lead (TEC000Y5) Description Elsevier want to make our customers experience...
Devops/Systems Engineering Lead (ELS0028L) Description Elsevier is a world-leading provider of...