Welsh Speaking Technical Needs Assessor
Location: Home based focused in Wales
Employment type: Permanent
About the role
You must be a fluent Welsh Speaker. Your role will be to undertake technical needs assessments and produce formal written reports for people with disabilities and/or SpLDs in accordance with appropriate regulations and the quality assurance framework. The needs assessor will consider barriers the disabled person may encounter in further education as a result of their disability and recommend support to overcome these obstacles.
This role is home based with extensive daily travel between assessment centres in Wales and the South West area. Assessors typically alternate their daily activity between conducting assessments and writing reports.
About Contact Associates
From our head office in Taunton, our specialist team administer Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) Needs Assessments for students entering Higher Education through a network of DSA-QAG accredited assessment centres across England and Northern Ireland.
Through our Sound Support service, we also provide fully qualified study skills tutors, mentors and support workers to assist students throughout England.
We also provide individual dyslexia tuition for post-18 year old students.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake a prescribed number of technical needs assessments of people with disabilities or SpLDs in accordance with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills regulations, equality legislation, the requirements of student funding bodies and the appropriate Quality Assurance Framework.
- To work with the individual to identify appropriate study and support strategies to enable the individual to participate in their study activities including, where appropriate, non-medical helper assistance.
- To demonstrate, evaluate the suitability of, and offer advice on appropriate hardware, software, assistive technology and other aids for each individual.
- To produce formal written needs assessment reports in the prescribed format and timescale laid down by Contact Associates for relevant parties including disabled people, funding agencies, suppliers and institutions, making recommendations for study aids and strategies.
- To liaise with internal and external agencies in order to complete reports and to ensure relevant support is recommended.
- To respond to post-assessment queries as appropriate within a timescale prescribed by Contact Associates.
- To undertake continuous professional development in order to keep up to date with developments in disability support, equality legislation, enabling technology and strategies.
- To contribute to the development and review of systems that inform the company's quality assurance, policy, procedures and practice, ensuring compliance with relevant quality standards and legislative requirements.
- To contribute to the required administration and record keeping.
- To contribute to the development of training and support materials for Contact Associates.
- To take part in developing and delivering training, as appropriate, on matters realated to disability and the needs assessment process including supporting trainee assessors when required.
- To assist in promoting the work of Contact Associates, including developing and maintaining links with feeder institutions bu attending information events, open days and evenings, local networking events and meeting with HEI disability services.
- Adhere to the company's Health & Safety Policy and guidelines.
- Promote equality and diversity for staff and students.
- To complete any other reasonable duties that may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the grading of the post.
- This role will involve extensive travel between assessment centres and locations.
Your experience will include:
- Fluent Welsh Speaker
- Experienced technical needs assessor (essential)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience (essential)
- Knowledge of funding methodologies for DSA support (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of disability and SpLDs
Aptitude and Abilities
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload (essential)
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills (essential)
- Knowledge of IT, both generic and specialist (essential)
- To be proactive in undertaking continuing professional development (essential)
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving (essential)
- Ability to work under pressure to constant deadlines
- Flexibility, punctuality and reliability
- Confident problem solver
- An understanding of the need and importance of confidentiality, privacy, etc.
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) clearance
- Ability to empathise and excellent listening skills
- Customer facing and strong communication skills
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Community ServicesLocation:Llys Dyfrig LlandudnoSalary:£22,129 to £28,747 per annum pro rata Applicants are advised to apply...
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:CommunityLocation:Llys Dyfrig, Llandudno, LlandudnoSalary:£22,129 to £28,747 per annum pro rata Applicants are advised to apply...
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Adult Community Mental HealthLocation:Cefni Hospital, LlangefniSalary:£28,050 to £36,644 per annum If you relish a challenge, have...
Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board, 22 daysEmployer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Speech and Language TherapyLocation:Ysbyty Bodfan, CaernarfonSalary:£31,697 to £41,787 per annum pro rata Applicants are advised...
Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board, 7 daysEmployer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Speech and Language TherapyLocation:Ysbyty Gwynedd, BangorSalary:£33,222 to £43,041 per annum If you relish a challenge, have a...
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:CardiologyLocation:Ysbyty Gwynedd, BangorSalary:£22,129 to £28,747 per annum Applicants are advised to apply early, we reserve the...
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Community...
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:CommunityLocation:Llys Dyfrig,...
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Adult Community Mental...
Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board, 22 daysEmployer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Speech and Language...
Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board, 7 daysEmployer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:Speech and Language...
Employer:Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board Department:CardiologyLocation:Ysbyty...