« Back to results
Community Support Worker | Mental Health | Challenging Behaviour | Temp-Perm
Search Consultancy are currently recruiting for a Community Support Worker in Stoke on a temporary to permanent contract. The role will start with us directly on a temporary basis then you will be made permanent with the client. The contract is 28 hours which are broken down into 12 hour shifts, three one week and two the next.
* To participate in a weekly rota designed to meet an individual's needs, including overnight shifts (waking night or sleep-ins) and inclusion on a Back Up rota.
* To ensure that you registered your presence on and off shift using the e-staff scheduling software, and that you carry your employee identification available for validation if required.
* To participate in the development of a Care Plan/Recovery Plan with the individual and the Team Leader, Locality Manager, Locality Nurse and Head of Rehabilitation, and participate in regular review thereon after.
* To read and demonstrate a full understanding of the Risk Management Plan and/or Positive Behavioural Plan, reporting and concerns or recommend changes.
* To read and demonstrate a full understanding of a legal framework applied to the individual's support, such as a Community Treatment Order.
* To read and demonstrate a full understanding of any deprivations of liberty and to work to offer the least restrictive support as agreed.
* To adopt the communication approach that best suits the individual's needs, including non-verbal communication; use of communications aids and applications, or the use of Picture Exchange System (PEC) or Makaton.
* To following the Daily Activity Plan and goals of the Care Plan/ Recovery Plan consistently.
* To offer support to the individual (at a level detailed in their Care Plan/Recovery Plan) in all identified areas of daily living; including domestic tasks, pet care (if required) manging their finances, menu planning and shopping, food preparation may require to be undertaken dependant on the needs of the individual.
* To offer support with personal care to the individual (at the level detailed in their Care Plan/Recovery Plan), this may include support with mobilising and will require the appropriate levels of fitness and dexterity.
* To support the individual to access services that support their health and wellbeing; primary, secondary, specialist services, including complementary healthcare as requested by the individual. Maintaining accurate records of engagement and health outcomes.
* To support the individual to meet their cultural, religious, spiritual, gender and sexual identity, promoting self-esteem at all time.
* To support the individual to maintain their home, including safety and security checks, environmental cleanliness, reporting property faults to the relevant parties i.e. Letting Agent, Landlord or Housing Association.
* To offer support to the individual to participate in their community and to increase social inclusion, maintaining and developing friends/relationships. Continuously mapping the community for opportunities for inclusion and accessibility.
* To offer support to the individuals to access travel and transport, in some circumstances this may require you to be a named driver of their Motability Car.
* To offer therapeutic interventions as agreed with the Locality Nurse and Head of Rehabilitation, to encourage self-management and self-coping skills, this may include following a Sensory Plan, or an Anxiety Management Plan, or a Harm Minimising Plan if required.
* To assist the individual to access and use assisted and life enhancing technologies, including support for the individual to be more digitally engaged.
* To assist the individual with their medication, as detailed in the Medicines Care Plan, ensuring steps towards self-management are achieved where appropriate.
* To carry out any levels of observation as directed by the Team Leader, Locality Nurse or Head of Rehabilitation and record correctly, for example incident/accident reports, ABC charts, body mapping, nutrition and hydration records.
* Complete Daily Records using the Client Case Management System, whilst undertaking a Waking Night this needs to be complete on an hourly basis.
* To carry out routine handover of information, medication and finances before leaving shift.
Due to the nature of the role, we require a minimum of six months experience in mental health and experience dealing with OCD, autism, anxiety and challenging behaviour is desirable. This will be a challenging but rewarding role with competitive rates of pay. If you have the relevant experience then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
An opportunity has arisen to appoint a Clinical Lead Nurse Band 6 post to work within the Urgent Care Directorate inpatient Services. North Staffs Combined Healthcare NHS Trust provides patient...
Job Description About Boots Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, with over 2,500 stores in the UK, ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health...
About the Role: • To provide support for all Britvic site’s automation systems as and when required. This will require the applicant to be prepared to travel to any Britvic site as and when...
£21,000 - £24,000 per annum Leek , Staffordshire Permanent, full-time n/a Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Architectural Technician to join an...
The Playground Company, Sproston, near Holmes Chapel are looking for a creative individual to join our Playground Design team. As an apprentice, we would offer, full on the job training and work...
The Successful Candidate will act as the central point of contact for schools at PVFC Foundation and will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of high-quality sport and educational programmes...
An opportunity has arisen to appoint a Clinical Lead Nurse Band 6 post to work within the Urgent...
Job Description About Boots Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer,...
About the Role: • To provide support for all Britvic site’s automation systems as and when...
£21,000 - £24,000 per annum Leek , Staffordshire Permanent, full-time n/a Be one of the first...
The Playground Company, Sproston, near Holmes Chapel are looking for a creative individual to...
The Successful Candidate will act as the central point of contact for schools at PVFC Foundation...