Ramboll is looking for passionate, creative and enthusiastic students to join their busy Marine team in Southampton.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
We are proud to support our staff in furthering their education and technical skills, and are delighted to offer internship opportunities to assist you with your career development and give us both an opportunity to get to know each other ahead of graduate recruitment.
During your internship, we invite you to experience an environment characterised by creativity and insight and to bring to us new perspectives. In return, from us you will get the opportunity to work and develop your knowledge and skills by working as one of our trusted staff.
During your internship you will:
- Assist the team with identifying engineering design solutions to our client’s problems
- Carry out engineering calculation and computational analysis
- Contribute to Ramboll culture and values, participating in team and company socials
- Create engineering drawings and sketches, working with the team to communicate our solutions effectively
- As an engineer starting their career you will be expected to support your team in their daily work
Required Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will:
- Be currently studying for an engineering degree and looking to pursue a career in Civil Structures engineering with a drive to succeed in the industry and make a difference to society
- Be enthusiastic about creative design and engineering, with an eye for detail
- Be able to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Be able to communicate and engage with our team, design partners and our clients
- A certain degree of familiarity with engineering computational analysis and calculation, and the ability to write codes is a plus
Skills that will be acquired
At the end of your internship you will:
- Have insight into how Ramboll solves our client’s problems using creative design and technical excellence
- Be empowered to identify your own engineering solutions, and carry out calculations to prove their effectiveness
- Enjoy being part of a team, meeting other interns and working in a busy engineering design office
- Have insight into the industry leading technical tools we use every day, and become proficient in their application
- Become a genuinely useful member of the team, supporting them and building your engineering expertise
What we offer
This is a paid internship with an outstanding opportunity to begin and progress your career and will offer you an excellent experience working on large projects throughout the company.
The Ramboll company culture, which is evident from the first moment you step through the door, is based on open communication and the cherishing of innovation and proactivity. Our offices are open plan and our teams multi-disciplinary - with members from all levels, Graduate to Director - so in-depth involvement in projects is immediate. The company supports a wide range of other activities, such as sports groups, design presentations, charitable activities, competitions, excursions, talks by guest speakers and industry events.
Open positions: 1
Duration: 8-12 weeks
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Applying is easy
Firstly, upload your CV directly or by using LinkedIn.
If you upload your CV directly, you will be asked to confirm your personal details.
Secondly, upload your cover letter and other documents such as certificates and letters of recommendation.
We look forward to reading your CV, application and documents.
« back to results A Designer (Plant, Tool & Gauge), to be based in South Wales for a global aerospace/defence organisation This leading organisation is actively seeking a Designer (Plant, Tool &...
PSD are recruiting on behalf of a leading Residential Developer who, due to continued growth, are looking to secure a Development Engineer to be based across their Manchester and Cheshire...
Civil Design Engineer Southampton Ref SH010973 Salary up to £36,000 + Benefits This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Civil Design Engineer to join a successful, well-established Civil...
We are working in partnership with a global engineering, management and development consultancy that delivers projects across the globe in the Water, Infrastructure, Rail, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and...
Electronics Engineer - FPGA An Electronics Engineer with FPGA knowledge is required to work on a five month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in...
Design Technology Teacher Required About this company Posted Today by Reed Education New Lymington , Hampshire £110.00 - £160.00 per day Temporary, full-time 0 applications Apply now Design...
« back to results A Designer (Plant, Tool & Gauge), to be based in South Wales for a global...
PSD are recruiting on behalf of a leading Residential Developer who, due to continued growth,...
Civil Design Engineer Southampton Ref SH010973 Salary up to £36,000 + Benefits This is an...
We are working in partnership with a global engineering, management and development consultancy...
Electronics Engineer - FPGA An Electronics Engineer with FPGA knowledge is required to work on a...
Design Technology Teacher Required About this company Posted Today by Reed...