As a Station Control Point Operator, you will ensure that both our staff and our customers receive, timely, accurate and consistent information throughout your area of responsibility. Through liaising with the Customer Communication and Security Centre and local stations, you will ensure that the flow of customer information is adhered to at all times. You will also liaise with the Wessex Integrated Control Centre as required.
In the event of disruption, you will take your lead for the dissemination of information from the local management team and initiate the local service escalation procedure as required. You will also be responsible for the input of quality customer information into the Customer Information System and making announcements as required for your area ensuring it is maintained for South Western Railway and other train operating companies.
- Ensure your personal safety and that of others at all times, including that of visitors and contractors.
- Wear uniform (including name badge) and safety clothing as supplied, ensuring that your standard of appearance complies with the company standard and is high at all times.
- Assist and communicate effectively with staff and customers in your defined area, ensuring they are advised of delays and cancellations of service and are regularly updated with current information
- Ensure the CIS workstation and your work area are kept clean, tidy and hazard free at all times and are presented in accordance with the South Western Railway standards.
- Solve problems proactively, disseminate plans and organise an efficient response to them.
- Report faults as soon as possible in accordance with the SWR fault reporting procedure
- In conjunction with the CCSC, ensure the CIS displays and announcements are correct within your local area.
- Open and close the Station Control Point as per the requirements of the current roster, in accordance with the appropriate security measures
- Take active steps to ensure you maintain and update your product knowledge by familiarising yourself with: PTAN, Engineering Work alterations, Special Traffic Notices and other relevant publications and brief other staff in your local area as required.
- Take the lead in maintaining customer information at the stations you oversee, including unmanned stations.
- Take responsibility for input of information into the station control log recording all events that happen at your station and operational and safety incidents within the Area Managers area.
- To undertake additional tasks as required by the local manager applicable to the role.
- Resilience and the ability to cope in a pressured environment
- Very good communication skills
- High level of customer focus
- Good level of numeracy
- IT skills
Working an average of 37 hours per week
Earlies: 06:00 - 14:15 Lates: 14:00 - 22:15 Nights: 22:00 - 06:10
Working a 5 person rotating roster.
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with over 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 13,000 staff based across five...
£8.21 - £11.00 per hour Kingston Upon Thames , Surrey Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Train and depotCleaners & Supervisors £8.21 - £11.00 depending on experience...
Occupational Therapist (Band 6) About the team: The team is a multidisciplinary, community based mental health team that aims to provide a safe and effective home based assessment and treatment...
What you will be doing... Reporting to the Crew Control Duty Manager , the Crewing Coordinator Analyst is responsible for the safe and efficient crewing of all company aircraft up to seven days in...
Location: Royal Alexandra Hospital PA2 9PN Grade: Band 5 Category: Nursing & Midwifery Salary: Band 5 (£24,670 - £30,742) Contract: Permanent Duration: Permanent Region: GreaterGlasgow Hours: 37.5...
£34,000 - £42,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Access Control Engineer - Siemens SiPass - Onsite in Covent Garden area,...
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching...
£8.21 - £11.00 per hour Kingston Upon Thames , Surrey Temporary, full-time Be one of the first...
Occupational Therapist (Band 6) About the team: The team is a multidisciplinary, community based...
What you will be doing... Reporting to the Crew Control Duty Manager , the Crewing Coordinator...
Location: Royal Alexandra Hospital PA2 9PN Grade: Band 5 Category: Nursing &...
£34,000 - £42,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first...