As a Registered General Nurse, you'll join our dedicated and passionate team at HMYOI Aylesbury Integrated Healthcare Services.
Working as part of a small team, in a fast paced environment, you'll be providing primary care to young people and managing occasional acute illness and injury.
You'll want to work with a diverse group of young people, in a service that seeks to focus on peoples wellbeing and promoting health.
HMYOI Aylesbury is a young offender institution, housing young male offenders aged between 17 and 21. Aylesbury holds the longest sentenced young adult males in the English prison system.
In this role, you will:
• Carry out and develop if required nurse lead clinics within agreed guidelines and protocols.
• Assume responsibility for development, implementation and evaluation of patient care and standards.
• Review the patient history of follow up attendees, undertake appropriate examination and tests, and organise treatment where necessary.
• Refer patients to other health care professionals or agencies where appropriate.
• Adhere to infection control policies.
• Have an understanding, empathetic approach to patients, recognising that many will be worried and anxious.
• Maintain accurate records at all times documenting details of tests, treatment and follow up in patient’s notes and on the department database.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you must:
• Demonstrate knowledge of principles and philosophy of Clinical Governance.
• Health & Safety.
• Demonstrates ability to respond to situations and act on own initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of good record keeping.
• Performing clinical audits.
• Registered with NMC - must have valid PIN
• Evidence of updating practice and continued professional development
• Willing to undertake education/courses relevant to area of practice and service development
This is a full-time role of 37.5 hours per week. Working Monday – Sunday on a rolling rota, including alternate weekends and no nights!
The salary for this role is £30,000 - £34,000 per annum - dependent on experience. Staff parking is available on site and employees benefit from reduced canteen prices.
Please note that this role is subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and Offers of employment are subject to satisfactory receipt of references, DBS check and prison vetting.
At Practice Plus Group we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities and we are committed to this in both the running of our prison healthcare service and how we recruit our staff. We actively encourage applications from everyone with the essential requirements of the job, regardless of any protected characteristics.
Due to an ongoing internal issue with our website, if you currently work for Practice Plus Group and are trying to apply via our intranet, please contact Kirsty Dennett by email Kirsty.Dennett@practiceplusgroup.com
Functional Assessor / Disability Assessor – Registered Nurse Salary £38,760 per annum + benefits Location – Aylesbury Pulse is working alongside a leading provider of occupational health, primary...
Closing date: 09th March 2021 23:59 GMT Expected start Date: April 2021 Location: Beirut, Lebanon Contract: Fixed Term-2 years One Oxfam Grade: B2 Salary and benefits: In line with Oxfam values...
OffOnSend jobs like this to my email Job description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nurse Ward Manager (RMN) to join a specialist Eating Disorders team within a private organisation in...
Job Description The importance of your role. At Boots we are dedicated to staying at the forefront of providing the best clinical services and patient care for our customers. In order to do this...
Location: NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde South Sector Grade: Band 3 Category: Nursing & Midwifery Salary: Band 3 (£20,700-...
Job Description COVID 19 Tester What are we doing? Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in supporting the healthcare of the nation and in this time of need we have stepped forward to work with...
Functional Assessor / Disability Assessor – Registered Nurse Salary £38,760 per annum +...
Closing date: 09th March 2021 23:59 GMT Expected start Date: April 2021 Location: Beirut,...
OffOnSend jobs like this to my email Job description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
Job Description The importance of your role. At Boots we are dedicated to staying at the...
Location: NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde South Sector Grade: Band 3 Category: Nursing &...
Job Description COVID 19 Tester What are we doing? Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in...