Senior Specialist, Patient Recruitment Planning
Home based in EU
At ICON, it's our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients' lives.
Our 'Own It' culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That's our vision. We're driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you're as driven as we are, join us. You'll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you'll be helping shape an industry.
The Senior Specialist, Patient Recruitment Planning, reporting directly to the Director, Patient Recruitment Planning, acts as a technical expert or in a supporting function in the Patient Recruitment and Retention Planning process. You will also support and manage awarded Patient Recruitment and Retention studies and support and manage patient recruitment vendor engagement and budget development for service areas provided by the Patient Recruitment Planning group.
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Travel (approximately 5%) domestic and/or international.
- Provide strategic support and act as a functional lead / technical expert on all aspects of Recruitment and Retention Planning for proposals including reaching out to appropriate Recruitment vendors and the provision of internal and pass-through budgets or to provide support to Managers / Snr Managers leading this activity.
- Support Manager / Snr Manager (Patient Recruitment Planning) in the preparation of presentation / materials for Bid Defence meetings in support ICON business development opportunities.
- Attendance at Kick-off meetings, project meetings as required to input into and discuss recruitment and retention strategies or support Manager / Senior Manager (Patient Recruitment Planning) in this activity.
- Development of study and country recruitment and retention strategies and tactics customised to the need of the study and or sponsor in a format appropriate to be incorporated into the Study Recruitment Plan.
- Input into the Site ID questionnaire, or specific recruitment questionnaire (dependent on study/ sponsor requirements), in collaboration with internal and external team members to ensure that the appropriate recruitment and retention questions are addressed and thereafter oversee and manage the process of transitioning the data from site survey through to setting up study specific recruitment plans in awarded projects
- Contract review - ensure specifications are in line with plan. Ensure contract or RAP/Start up agreement in place prior to study start
- Manage the implementation of small to medium sized patient recruitment campaigns including the development of materials, management of internal and external resources, media campaigns and design and execution in-line with the project scope and to support Manager / Snr Manager in the same for global studies
- Manage/Discuss any strategy or scope changes with the Sponsor/PM in relation to the Recruitment Planning
- Ensure study information saved to Recruitment and Retention eRoom appropriately - including but not limited to, presentations, text, disease information, examples of materials / tactics and any tracking.
- Maintain communication and relationships between all the relevant internal and external parities to ensure all intelligence is utilised in order to make best recruitment planning decision
- Deliver high quality standards and strive for excellence; Act in a proactive, flexible and responsive manner to both internal and external customer needs
- The Senior Specialist, Patient Recruitment Planning shall undertake limited supervisory function
What you need
- Bachelor's degree, or local equivalent, in a life-science, scientific discipline, medical and / or communication or business studies. A higher level degree is preferred.
- Have a background in medicine, science or other relevant discipline with substantial international experience in clinical drug development across a broad range of therapeutic areas
- Good commercial awareness of current practices and trends Recruitment Planning across the industry
- US/LATAM/CAN: A minimum of 3 years industry experience with a minimum of 1 year experience in recruitment planning or similar, in addition to a minimum of 2 years' experience across a broad range of therapeutic areas as an assistant or equivalent
- EU/APAC: Prior relevant experience in industry and recruitment planning or similar in addition prior relevant experience across a broad range of therapeutic areas as an assistant or equivalent.
- Excellent communicator, both in written and spoken language. Able to produce reports and project plans to a high standard in addition to being able to review the quality and content of reports produced by the Recruitment planning Team. Fluent in English is essential
- Well-developed negotiation skills with the ability to liaise successfully with senior management, clinical project teams, other ICON departments and clients. As well as to influence and present to both small and large groups.
- Highly developed organizational, problem solving and analytical skill, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks and work independently, to make decision and to progress projects
- Able to multi-task and work well within high pace pressurized environment
- Due to the nature of this position it may be required for the employee to travel. Therefore, dependent on the employee's location, the employee may be required to possess a valid Driver's license.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That's why we've made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours. We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans. But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you'll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Contracts Manager – FM/Building Maintenance Newcastle City Centre. £46k per annum & excellent bonus’, company vehicle/ car allowance and excellent package. Our client, a leading and successful...
Soundbyte Junior Email Designers x2 Funky Pigeon, Bristol Salary up to £22k Grade C Job Description Junior Email Designers x2 Funky Pigeon, Bristol Salary up to £22k Grade C Funkypigeon.com now a...
Job Description What are we doing? Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in supporting the healthcare of the nation and in this time of need we have stepped forward to work with the Department...
Soundbyte Mid-Weight Artworker Funky Pigeon, Bristol Grade C Up to £25,000 Job Description Mid-Weight Artworker Funky Pigeon, Bristol Grade C Up to £25,000 Funky Pigeon is making a big impact...
Job Reference: SODOM4XE Location: Southampton 37.5 SouthamptonUK TEMPORARY The Best Connection 2021-02-24 2021-03-24T00:00:00+00:00 Salary: £9.51-16.07 per hour Higher pay rate is achieved...
PERMANENT JOB – REGISTERED NURSE – WINCHESTER – £19.00 per hour We have a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (days) to join a large but beautiful home in Winchester, Hampshire. As a registered nurse,...
Contracts Manager – FM/Building Maintenance Newcastle City Centre. £46k per annum & excellent...
Soundbyte Junior Email Designers x2 Funky Pigeon, Bristol Salary up to £22k Grade C Job...
Job Description What are we doing? Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in supporting the...
Soundbyte Mid-Weight Artworker Funky Pigeon, Bristol Grade C Up to £25,000 Job...
Job Reference: SODOM4XE Location: Southampton 37.5 SouthamptonUK TEMPORARY The Best...
PERMANENT JOB – REGISTERED NURSE – WINCHESTER – £19.00 per hour We have a vacancy for a...