Fixed Term Contract until 31 August 2021.
26 hpw, 38 weeks per year term time only.
Handford Hall Primary School is seeking to appoint a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant from April 2020.
You will be assisting the SEND team in planning and implementing individual therapy and group interventions, modelling sessions to school support staff and creating high quality resources for the team. Also, you will support in assessing and reporting on impact and progress.
There will be opportunities to work with children who have a wide range of speech, language and communication needs under the direction of Speech and Language Therapists and the school SENDCo.
We are looking for candidates with experience in working with children who are highly motivated, well organised, able to work independently and who can show a commitment to supporting children with speech, language and communication difficulties.
You will need to possess the following qualities:
- Preferably, experience of working as a speech and language therapy assistant.
- Experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities and needs, including a range of special educational needs and disabilities ie. learning difficulties and speech, language and communication needs (including Autistic Spectrum Disorder).
- A general understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum.
- Knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties.
- Preferably, working knowledge and experience of Language Link.
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with children with special educational needs and disabilities and in developing skills to facilitate pupil progress and development.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Calm, controlled and effective communication and someone who can relate well to all children and adults within the school community.
- The ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this.
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related to relationships both in and outside of the school.
- GCSE English and Maths at grades "C" or above.
- An understanding of the ethos of the school and the ability to work within this ethos in order to support and develop all pupils regardless of ability, educational, behavioural, social or emotional needs.
- A willingness to play a full part in the life of the school with regard to supporting in lessons, pastoral care, curriculum enrichment activities and building positive relationships with pupils and staff alike.
- An understanding of the importance of the need for safeguarding the health and well-being of all pupils within the school.
- Upholding the school's policies and procedures with regard to child protection and safeguarding is an essential requirement.
You will undertake a period of induction / supervision which will be overseen by their Line Manager.
*Actual salary £10,708 per annum.
An application pack is available to download from the related information section.
Please return the completed form to the school, email applications are accepted.
Interview date: w/c 2 March 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Location: University Hospital Crosshouse KA2 0BE Grade: Band 5 Category: Allied Health Professions Salary: Band 5 (£24,670 -...
Location: University Hospital Crosshouse KA2 0BE Grade: Band 7 Category: Allied Health Professions Salary: Band 7 (£37,570 -...
Job Description **Please note this is a fixed term maternity cover post until the current post holder returns but no later than March 2021.** The post is based in the Municipal Buildings, Dumbarton...
Location: Erskine Home, Bishopton, PA7 5PU Grade: Not Specified Category: Personal & Social Care Salary: 29,500 to 33,428 per...
Location: Glasgow Grade: Band 6 Category: Senior Managers Salary: 33,272 Contract: Permanent Duration: Region: National Hours: 37.5 Job type: FullTime Date posted: 15 Jan...
Boston Grammar School, South End, Boston, Lincs, PE21 6JY Required for March 2020 or ASAP 25 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (term time only) The Academy Board of Boston Grammar School invites...
Location: University Hospital Crosshouse KA2 0BE Grade: Band 5 Category: Allied Health...
Location: University Hospital Crosshouse KA2 0BE Grade: Band 7 Category: Allied Health...
Job Description **Please note this is a fixed term maternity cover post until the current post...
Location: Erskine Home, Bishopton, PA7 5PU Grade: Not Specified Category: Personal & Social...
Location: Glasgow Grade: Band 6 Category: Senior...
Boston Grammar School, South End, Boston, Lincs, PE21 6JY Required for March 2020 or ASAP 25...