Back to Search results
Location Gatwick Airport
Contract Type Permanent - Employee
Working Hours per Week 40 hours
Remuneration £30,000 + Benefits
Job Reference GR/9655
This is an active and visible operational role requiring excellent customer relationship skills, to oversee all facilities services within the client’s soft service portfolio.
Working as part of a team, the Soft Services Manager will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business and build strong local relationships and internal teams where the ability to ‘think on your feet’ and approach situations with a measured attitude are key requirements.
The role incorporates awareness of Soft Services ensuring all working practises are Health and Safety complaint for all Personnel within your assigned buildings and will require a constant focus on maintaining high standards within a demanding environment, where high levels of footfall are experienced within the working time frame.
A focus on continuous improvement will be essential and a proven track record of delivering ‘more for less’ will be required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Controlling staffing costs and working with the finance teams to ensure that the budgeted expectations fall within allocated staff levels
- Maintaining expenditure within the required budgets and making sure the Account Director is fully aware of potential costs in relation to wastage and usage
- Ensuring adequate products, equipment and materials are available to the contract standard and are ordered and delivered within the required time frames
- Making sure products, equipment and materials are properly stored, used, maintained and controlled and that Safe Method of work are in place
- Applying quality control procedures to ensure the team exceed and maintain high standards within all services
- Ensuring that the work schedules and shift times are correctly resourced
- Ensuring that pre-determined output specifications and KPI targets are met and exceeded
- Delivering strategies to reduce labour turnover to include induction programmes, job chat appraisal feedback, performance management and personal coaching
- Working closely with the learning and development team in the introduction of appropriate qualifications
- Communicating regularly with staff through team talks, briefing and tool box talks to ensure that there is a free flow of information and that morale remains consistently high
- Ensuring that the client and OCS culture is reflected positively through staff appearance and demeanour and that dress code and personal standards are adhered to
- Directing activities to all personnel, ensuring that they are properly trained for their duties and responsibilities and understand the standards required from their performance
- Supporting a continuous improvement process as an integral part of service delivery, increasingly adding value to both the business and our client
- Qualified in BICS (desirable)
- An appropriate management qualification in leadership or proven track record. I.E. ILM level 5
- A Health & Safety qualification – NEBOSH/IOSH (desirable)
- Formal training qualification (desirable)
- Customer Service Skills NCFE level 2
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Previous experience of delivering soft service functions
- Have worked within a public-facing customer service environment would be highly desirable
- Experience of managing and directing teams from 3 staff up to 25. Working to perform against specific targets in this case KPI or equivalent
- Have business experience, be a minimum part-qualified professional, and have a Certificate Level of Qualification as a minimum
- Be able to obtain an Airside pass
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Focused on achieving results and providing a quality service
- Flexible approach to work and able to work efficiently
- Able to work within a pressured environment ensuring standards are adhered to
- Good communication skills at all levels with a good sense of humour and patience are essential
- Planning and being proactive is essential, as well being able to problem-solve
- Can manage change in a pro-active manner
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
We are the largest family-owned facilities management services company in the world and we deliver over 70 accredited services internationally.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
What will you get in return?
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 3 Category: Allied Health Professions Salary: Band 3 (£20,700-...
£24,000 - £30,000 per annum, OTE Belfast , County Antrim Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Mmm, feast your eyes on THIS! Bit of a foodie? Love exploring premium,...
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 6 Category: Nursing & Midwifery Salary: Band 6 (£31,800 -...
Here at O2, we’re about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It’s why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2. Being part of Telefonica, one of the world’s...
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 8A Category: Health Science Services Salary: Band 8A (£49,480 -...
Competitive salary Bangor , County Down Temporary, part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website About the Role There's a role for everyone in retail - from serving our...
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 3 Category: Allied Health...
£24,000 - £30,000 per annum, OTE Belfast , County Antrim Permanent, full-time Be one of the...
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 6 Category: Nursing &...
Here at O2, we’re about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It’s why there are...
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 8A Category: Health Science...
Competitive salary Bangor , County Down Temporary, part-time Be one of the first ten...