£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Rochdale , Lancashire
Be one of the first ten applicants
Site Manager for an automotive SME manufacturing company. Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing and based in Rochdale.
Our client is a growing manufacturing company supplying products to the automotive industry.
- Direct and control operatives / staff at site to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated to carry out responsibilities to the required levels of quality and productivity.
- Oversee all operating processes within the site to ensure that the most efficient and effective use is made of plant, equipment and labour resources.
- Responsible for providing cover to a second site as required.
- Ensure that all relevant health and safety standards are maintained along with the maintenance of all housekeeping to the required standard.
- Monitor output to ensure that production meets all standards in terms of quality and quantity.
- Maintain regular contact with other department's e.g. technical, quality, sales and materials to ensure that all productive requirements are maintained and problems identified / resolved.
- Plan, introduce and monitor maintenance / housekeeping to ensure that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain a general awareness of new developments in production processes to ensure that the Company makes use of relevant technological developments.
- Maintain a general awareness on all relevant HR / employment issues to assist in the management of personnel.
- Role will carry out disciplinary meetings up to and including FWW under the guidance of HR.
- Maintain all necessary production records, including stock accuracy, along with the monitoring of volume and quality of output. Where necessary adjust the production process (with agreement of Quality / Process Department) through changes in equipment / labour to meet all targets.
- Monitor and act upon information regarding staff absence in order to ensure that whenever possible, absenteeism is minimised in order to maintain efficient output. Conduct Return to Work interviews, as necessary.
- Responsible for developing sub-ordinate staff at site to provide short term operational cover.
- To carry out any reasonable request in the position of Site Manager, as directed by Senior Management, to fulfil the needs of the business.
Sound numeracy and literacy skills.
o Proven supervisory / management experience within a complex manufacturing environment.
o Attainment of a relevant management qualification (minimum NVQ 3 or equivalent).
o Background knowledge in a relevant industrial manufacturing sector. Automotive, injection moulding or coatings would be advantageous.
o Working knowledge of the plant, equipment and processes used at each finishing site.
o Working knowledge of the Company's ERP system relevant to the production role.
o Good communication skills.
o Good interpersonal skills.
o Good organising, co-ordinating and time management skills
o Proven ability to develop and motivate personnel at site(s).
£30,000 to £35,000 plus benefits
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Apply now Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
View all jobs
Site Manager £20.00 - £24.00 per hour London, London Site Manager £20.00 - £24.00 per hour London, London Site Manager £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, inc benefits Swindon, Wiltshire Site Manager £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, inc benefits South West England Site manager Competitive salary North Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
IoSCM Level 2 Manufacturing & Production Distance learning, self-paced £632 IoSCM Level 6 Manufacturing & Production Management Distance learning, self-paced £1,115 IoSCM Level 7 Manufacturing & Production Strategy Distance learning, self-paced £1,321 View Manufacturing courses
Executive Director – BMI Highfield Hospital – Rochdale, Greater Manchester BMI Healthcare is recruiting an Executive Director to lead the senior management team at BMI Highfield Hospital in...
Job Description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a B2B Sales Executive to work as part of the Distance Learning Sales Team for a growing training provider based in Manchester. This is a...
2 year Fixed term Service/Ward/Department Summary: The Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust (PCFT) Community Dental Directorate was established in April 2012, comprising of the following services...
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire...
We are recruiting for various Manufacturing / Technical / FMCG businesses in the North Manchester, Rochdale, Oldham and Bury area for various Sales Order, Planning, Supply Chain, Demand Planning...
This is an exciting opportunity to join the expanding Urology Directorate at Pennine Acute NHS Trust. Two full time Locum Consultants in Urology are required to join the existing team of...
Executive Director – BMI Highfield Hospital – Rochdale, Greater Manchester BMI Healthcare is...
Job Description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a B2B Sales Executive to work as part of...
2 year Fixed term Service/Ward/Department Summary: The Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust (PCFT)...
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we...
We are recruiting for various Manufacturing / Technical / FMCG businesses in the North...
This is an exciting opportunity to join the expanding Urology Directorate at Pennine Acute NHS...