WYG has an excellent opportunity for a Structural Technician within the Belfast office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high profile projects throughout the UK and beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as a Technician.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role. You will provide support to the team within the office and will be willing to go the extra mile to ensure that work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
- Preparation of general arrangement and detail drawings under the guidance of the Engineers
- Work within the company CAD standards, procedures and document controls, providing support to the engineering team
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of all the common building materials and details, as well as exhibiting good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an enthusiasm for team and self-development
Essential Experience / Skills Required:
- Minimum BTEC HND in Engineering or Construction related discipline
- Structural Engineering background
- Project experience as a technician within an engineering practice / environment
- Ability to produce accurate and well-presented drawings or documents in accordance with briefings from engineering staff
- Ability to understand and create structural details from general arrangement plans
- Knowledge and experience of all common building materials and details
- Conversant with 2D/3D draughting software using AutoCAD and REVIT
- Knowledge of BIM co-ordination on projects
- Experience of Project Extranets and document control procedures
- Familiarity with 3D Clash detection using Navisworks
- Ability to take ownership of own projects and undertaken coordination of works
- Experience of reinforced concrete detailing including the use of CADS RC
- Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective team player, organised and articulate
- Good time management and reliability and display initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members internally and externally
- Possess attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality output
- Ownership of the work done under your control
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Back to Search results Location Belfast BT9 Contract Type Casual Worker Working Days Friday - Thursday Working Times Between 07:00am and 09:00am Shift Pattern Mornings Working Hours per...
The Opportunity Do you want to build your career in one of the most innovative and growing industries within software? Imperva is the leading cybersecurity company, based in the heart of Silicon...
Senior Data Analyst - Customer Success Management Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and all paths to it! Why Imperva? 6,200 customers...
Customer Service Supervisor As a Customer Service Supervisor, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our...
Our team at Brunel University is seeking a Student Engagement Marketing Specialist to join their Senior Management Team. The University is a busy, bustling environment where the students' needs...
Back to Search results Location Belfast, Shankill Road BT1 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday, Wednesday and Thursday Working Times Between 09.30am and 11.30am Shift...
Back to Search results Location Belfast BT9 Contract Type Casual Worker Working Days Friday -...
The Opportunity Do you want to build your career in one of the most innovative and growing...
Senior Data Analyst - Customer Success Management Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider...
Customer Service Supervisor As a Customer Service Supervisor, you are at the heart of our...
Our team at Brunel University is seeking a Student Engagement Marketing Specialist to join their...
Back to Search results Location Belfast, Shankill Road BT1 Contract Type Permanent -...