Senior Social Worker
Management Grouping: Adult Social Care & Health
Team: Bexley Integrated Rapid Response Team
Location: Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich
Salary: £34,426-£40,428 per annum (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2,277 pa)
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: 17th November 2017
Do you want to work for an Adult Social Care Directorate that innovates to achieve positive change for its residents, and where you have an opportunity to stretch and grow? If so, then Bexley is the place for you.
At the London Borough of Bexley we are committed to embracing change and innovation where we offer staff:
- Exciting opportunities to be innovative and be part of the design and delivery of improvements for service delivery.
- Good workforce development with clear career pathways across a range of roles for qualified and unqualified social care staff. Innovative learning and development of staff.
- Regular opportunities to meet with the Corporate Management Team and the Chief Executive, Gill Stewart, where the drivers for change are informed by a ‘ground upwards’ ethos where the workforce are instrumental to shaping change and improvements.
- A commitment to Health and Social Care Integration to provide a comprehensive service for residents.
Bexley Integrated Rapid Response Team- is a multi-disciplinary Team that responds urgent health and social care needs of Bexley patients within primary and secondary care. The team provides rapid holistic assessment of needs within the patient’s home and at emergency departments and acute medical units at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital –Woolwich and the Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford.
We are looking for Senior Social Workers who are able to work alongside their nursing and therapy colleagues and lead social care staff. You will assist the Team Manager in providing a comprehensive integrated service, safeguarding vulnerable adults and promoting rapid support and care for adults and their carers during a crisis, for example a fall or carer crisis. We are developing our work in supporting people in the community prior to conveyance to hospital, but also support A&E.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
What We Offer:
· Our *Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum
· Relocation Package up to £8,000
· Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
· Performance Related Pay
· Up to 25 days annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus bank holiday entitlement
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
· Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
· Closing Date for your application: 17/11/2017
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Job Desc... (.pdf) (137kb) , Pay Bene... (.pdf) (134kb)
Job Reference: L76-ASCH000090 Employer: London Borough of Bexley Department: Adult Mental Health - Bexley Location: Erith Salary: £34,704 - £40,428 pa inclusive plus AMHP...
Job Reference: L76-ASCH000089 Employer: London Borough of Bexley Department: Adult Mental Health - Bexley Location: Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup Salary: £34,704- £40,428 pa...
Junior Medical Secretary/Admin Assistant The King’s Musculoskeletal (MSK) service, consisting of pain management, orthopaedics, rheumatology and therapy services, provides integrated care for...
Are you an enthusiastic EYFS/Year 1 Primary teacher, looking for a January 2018 start in Bexley? TimePlan Education is looking for a EYFS/Year 1 teacher with solid experience teaching within this...
SENCO – realise your dream and become a Primary SENCO at a much-improved Bexley Primary! Are you a dedicated SEN professional looking to channel your skills and knowledge in to helping students...
Early Years Teaching Assistant - Bexley, South East London Are you looking for a warm and welcoming school? Are you naturally creative and looking to develop your classroom skills? ***Early Years...
Job Reference: L76-ASCH000090 Employer: London Borough of Bexley Department: Adult...
Job Reference: L76-ASCH000089 Employer: London Borough of Bexley Department: Adult...
Junior Medical Secretary/Admin Assistant The King’s Musculoskeletal (MSK) service, consisting of...
Are you an enthusiastic EYFS/Year 1 Primary teacher, looking for a January 2018 start in...
SENCO – realise your dream and become a Primary SENCO at a much-improved Bexley Primary! Are you...
Early Years Teaching Assistant - Bexley, South East London Are you looking for a warm and...