Would you like to join a friendly, innovative, supportive department and participate in an interesting senior rotational post? If you want to broaden your experience of hospital pharmacy, whilst contributing towards the work of a busy department, then this is the job for you.
We have specialist rotations to gain exceptional clinical skills in highly sort after areas and we are expanding these rotations every year. We currently have one or more rotations in the following areas:
• Specialist Gastroenterology at an internationally renowned tertiary referral centre
• Medicines Information in a Regional Medicines Information Centre
• Infectious Diseases on two dedicated infectious disease wards and a tertiary referral centre for Multi drug Resistant TB and tropical medicine
• Respiratory Medicine on a dedicated respiratory ward with common and restrictive diseases
• Cardiology on our specialist cardiology unit
• Endocrine & Rheumatology with our award winning multi-disciplinary team
• Aseptic & Cancer services alongside our Macmillan Cancer Pharmacist in our aseptic unit and dedicated haematology ward and parenteral nutrition unit
• Elderly care & rehabilitation (with the addition of palliative medicine at Ealing site) at our community rehabilitation hospital working with a growing team to support the medicines optimisation agenda
• Short Term Rehabilitation and Re-enablement (STARRS) a new role with our skilled multi-disciplinary innovative team
• Acute Medicine in our busy acute medical unit (AMU) working with an established multi-disciplinary team
• Patient Services – supporting the role-out of electronic prescribing for chemotherapy and training of pre-reg and diploma pharmacists
•Medication Safety – Support the medication safety officer to implement the medication safety strategy across the organisation
•Surgery & ITU – Working closely with the specialist pharmacist to optimise care for patients in this division
•HIV & Antimicrobials– work with the multi-disciplinary team in HIV and GUM medicine to improve medicines optimisation
We are a department that believe in equipping our Band 7 Pharmacists with skills to carry out senior roles to aid their career progression. Rotations have been developed to ensure leadership roles are key with a high emphasis on delivering teaching and training to a wide range of healthcare professionals as well as managing teams. You will be able to develop senior roles and responsibilities and we encourage individuals to take on any new responsibilities to meet their development needs. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in various rotations and improve medicines optimisations for patients. Rotations are of 9 month duration and currently allocated by an ‘option’ process which allows individuals to build their own experience portfolio.
Please note a Certificate in Pharmacy Practice or equivalent is an essential criteria for this post. Candidates who are approaching this stage or have the equivalent hospital experience may apply but their start date may be delayed until essential criteria for this post is attained.
Senior Pharmacist, Rotational - Band 7 Full-time 37.5 hours/week (plus out of hours commitment) We are looking for a hard-working and highly motivated clinical pharmacist to join us in our Band 7...
Specialist Pharmacist, Stroke and Healthcare of the Ageing Unit Band 8a + HCA and out of hours commitment - permanent Pharmacy Department King’s is one of eight specialist stroke centres ( Hyper...
Job Summary Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital specialises in orthopaedics, general surgery, endoscopy, ophthalmology, oral surgery, ear nose and throat surgery, urology, gynaecology,...
This fantastic new post is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, experienced pharmacist with strategic vision, drive and excellent clinical and leadership skills to work as a...
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Medicines Finance and Medicines Management) King’s College Hospital is one of London’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a unique profile of strong local...
Location: Forth Valley Royal Hospital Grade: Band 5 Category: Other Therapeutic Salary: £23,113- £29,905 per annum Contract: Permanent Duration: Region: ForthValley Hours: Job...
Senior Pharmacist, Rotational - Band 7 Full-time 37.5 hours/week (plus out of hours...
Specialist Pharmacist, Stroke and Healthcare of the Ageing Unit Band 8a + HCA and out of hours...
Job Summary Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital specialises in orthopaedics, general...
This fantastic new post is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic,...
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Medicines Finance and Medicines Management) King’s College Hospital...
Location: Forth Valley Royal Hospital Grade: Band 5 Category: Other Therapeutic Salary: £23,113-...