01/09/2017 (16:16) Just Added
Our client provides professional consultancy services for projects of any size, ranging from condition surveys for existing property to full design and management for major capital projects.
With an impressive portfolio of work including landmark projects at Heathrow, London City, Glasgow to name but a few, and exciting future opportunities, they are looking to grow the Aviation team organically and to deliver these schemes the business also work alongside leading contractors in design and build schemes.
Their Aviation Business Unit is now searching for a Senior Pavement Engineer to join the dynamic team based in London
The successful candidate will have relevant experience with a proven track record in the design and specification of airfield and highway pavement, airfield and landside roads, major trunk roads and motorways, local authority main and local roads, footways, cycle tracks, and bridleways.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of aviation and highway projects and be responsible for the timely production and delivery of pavement design solutions, reports, specifications and output for airfield and highway works at all design stages.
You will also be required to provide specialist pavement engineering advice throughout the company.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team comprising civil, electrical and mechanical engineers with a portfolio of high profile projects, working for airport clients, contractors (D&B) on both civil and military airports.
• Airfield pavement design in accordance with all the recognised standards including ICAO, FAA, and DMG 27
• Pavement design (Flexible and Rigid) for highway projects in accordance with DMRB and Analytical Design using recognised design standards
• Preparation of pavement works specifications in accordance with Defence Works Functional Standards, FAA Standards, Specification for Highway Works and Bespoke documentation e.g. UK/International Airport specifications
• Preparation and organisation of pavement investigation works including scoping of surveys, procurement of suppliers and supervision of works
• Airfield pavement maintenance inspections, including PCI inspection procedures, and preparation of reports
• Assessment and analysis of pavement investigation data for input to design of Airfield and Landside Pavements
• Pavement engineering advice and assistance to other business units (e.g. Highways)
• Analysis of pavement investigation data and analytical design using industry recognised software (ELMOD, FAARFIELD, BISAR etc.).
• Undertake visual inspections of existing flexible and rigid pavements and prepare assessments of residual pavement life and recommendations for maintenance treatment/rehabilitation.
• Attend meetings with constructors and their asphalt/concrete material suppliers.
• Develop innovative pavement solutions and challenging of client briefs
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered or Near Chartered
• Minimum 5 years of aviation experience with proven design skills
• Working knowledge of the various design guides applicable to design of airfield and landside pavements
• Familiar with Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and Specification for Highway Works
• Use of specialised software (such as ELMOD, FAARFIELD, BISAR etc)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills plus literacy and numeracy skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Focus on results and project delivery
• Significant previous work experience in the aviation industry.
• Familiarity with construction techniques and limitations imposed by short possession periods on operational airfields
• Experience in the design and performance of pavement materials.
• Experience of material engineering properties and development of concrete and asphalt mixes.
• Experience of Heathrow Airport pavement design guide.
• Experience of military airfields
30th August 201
Login or register to view
Director at Clarke Bridges
Over 10 years experience
I have over 17 years’ recruitment and resourcing experience, over 7 of which was working as Recruitment Manager for Balfour Beatty with subsequent responsibility for leading and coordinating the white collar recruitment on behalf of the Aberdeen Western Periphery Route CJV Partners comprising Balfour Beatty, Carillion and Galliford Try.
Advise on qualities and skills Hiring Managers look for at both CV review and interview stage Career progression advice How to stand out from the crowd What not to do
Jobs that John specialises in…Construction Engineering Human-resources & Employment Management & Executive Graduate All Experience Levels Permanent Contract
View all jobs from
View all jobs from
Login or register to view
Less than 10
Job Title Civil Engineer Salary/Rate £34000 - £38000/annum Benefits Location Winchester Posted 06/09/2017 (20:00) Company Job Type Permanent Description Civil Engineer - Winchester £34,000 -...
We are currently looking to recruit for a Senior Technician to join our civils team based in our Glasgow office. Our busy multi-disciplinary team works on a diverse range of projects and we are...
Assistant Civil Engineer - London About the role We have an opportunity for an Assistant Civil Engineer with drainage experience to join our clients growing civil engineering team in their London...
Our client are a Highways maintenance contractor who we are currently assisting to find an Assistant Structures Engineer to join their busy structures team. Project Information; Working for a...
Bridge Engineer As Bridge Engineer, you will participate in the preparation of cost effective Highway Structures maintenance solutions. This role will include Designs for strengthening,...
Unique role for experineced Civil Engineer We are now looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to lead and develop team of civil engineers and technicians for an established business in Bristol....
Job Title Civil Engineer Salary/Rate £34000 - £38000/annum...
We are currently looking to recruit for a Senior Technician to join our civils team based in our...
Assistant Civil Engineer - London About the role We have an opportunity for an Assistant Civil...
Our client are a Highways maintenance contractor who we are currently assisting to find an...
Bridge Engineer As Bridge Engineer, you will participate in the preparation of cost effective...
Unique role for experineced Civil Engineer We are now looking for an experienced Civil Engineer...