Solutions Recruitment are proud to be recruiting on behalf of Globally renowned, manufacturer based in South Tyneside for a Senior Maintenance Technician on a permanent basis.
- Working alongside the Senior OEE/Facilities Engineer and reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for the team tasked with the upkeep and regular planned maintenance of site services and utilities.
- The post holder is tasked to implement agreed day to day, medium and long term strategies as well as working alongside the other Engineering functions in the commissioning and implementation of new plant and processes, supporting the commissioning of new equipment and ensuring that equipment in place supports efficient Production including the introduction of new products.
The role requires the implementation of an agreed day to day, medium and long term maintenance strategy covering:
- Electro-mechanical / pneumatic and PLC controlled equipment on the site.
- Lean manufacturing methodologies including TPM and SMED.
- Ensure Maintenance Technicians work pro-actively, utilising, enhancing and sharing skills and knowledge
- The role requires excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills
- To supervise a team of Maintenance Technicians and ensure availability of support to the Operations Manager and Production Supervisors
- Oversee holiday authorisations, prompt attention to any HR issues and timely completion of absence management return to work interviews.
- Develop and deploy training and development plans for Maintenance Technicians including probation reviews for newly appointed colleagues
- To ensure through effective day to day supervision that equipment problems are responded to quickly and effectively and that there is an efficient method of reporting, responding and monitoring outcomes in order to achieve Operational output targets.
- To ensure that plant, equipment and services are maintained in a manner that supports the O.E.E. strategy of the business.
- To implement and manage the day to day, medium and long term maintenance strategies – including the implementation of TPM activities and adherence to standards.
- To assist in the deployment of new plant and commissioning of new/refurbished plant and equipment.
- To be responsible for the upkeep and regular maintenance of site services and utilities
- Manage the provision of Spares and Critical Spares
- Maintain Training and Development Matrix for all Maintenance Technicians and any other direct reports.
- Support and develop Maintenance Technicians in problem solving with machine stoppage issues.
- Time served Apprenticeship / Higher National Certificate Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role supervising a team of multi-disciplined maintenance technicians. Strong organisational skills and a leader who can motivate, foster and retain a strong team ethic amongst an autonomous work group.
- Thorough technical background in equipment and infrastructure – familiar with fast moving production operation, able to facilitate 24/7 operations. Advanced knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering
- Use of MFG Pro, MS Excel – understanding of Chemistry principles.
- Fully conversant with Lean Manufacturing techniques – including TPM, SMED, Kaizen and autonomous teams.
- Very attractive salary
- Dayshift working – Monday to Thurs 8am to 5pm / Fri 8am to 1pm
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 B/Hols
Maintenance Technician - ( Job Number: 1800068J) Job Title: Maintenance Technician Salary: £35,455.60 annually (including shift allowance and bonus) Contract: Permanent - rotating shifts Benefits:...
Our Client are a leading electronics business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Process Engineering Technician to join the business. Purpose of the...
Job Purpose Support the Team Leader/Supervisory Engineer in the effective day-to-day management of lighting services across the Alliance, ensuring the provision and implementation of statutory...
Job Description Customer Service Advisor An opprtunity has arrisen to work for a leading property services organisation within the North East of England. The hours of the role will be 09:00-17:00...
This is a technical apprenticeship and the apprentice will work in the Technical Services department that looks after the shopping centre’s maintenance. You will be involved in all areas of...
Northumbria Healthcare is making a significant investment in new technology to transform how we deliver care. The multimillion pound programme is both challenging in the expectation of delivery...
Maintenance Technician - ( Job Number: 1800068J) Job Title: Maintenance Technician Salary:...
Our Client are a leading electronics business based in the North East of England. The company...
Job Purpose Support the Team Leader/Supervisory Engineer in the effective day-to-day management...
Job Description Customer Service Advisor An opprtunity has arrisen to work for a leading...
This is a technical apprenticeship and the apprentice will work in the Technical Services...
Northumbria Healthcare is making a significant investment in new technology to transform how we...