Solutions Recruitment are proud to be recruiting on behalf of Globally renowned, manufacturer based in South Tyneside for a Senior Maintenance Technician on a permanent basis.
- Working alongside the Senior OEE/Facilities Engineer and reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for the team tasked with the upkeep and regular planned maintenance of site services and utilities.
- The post holder is tasked to implement agreed day to day, medium and long term strategies as well as working alongside the other Engineering functions in the commissioning and implementation of new plant and processes, supporting the commissioning of new equipment and ensuring that equipment in place supports efficient Production including the introduction of new products.
The role requires the implementation of an agreed day to day, medium and long term maintenance strategy covering:
- Electro-mechanical / pneumatic and PLC controlled equipment on the site.
- Lean manufacturing methodologies including TPM and SMED.
- Ensure Maintenance Technicians work pro-actively, utilising, enhancing and sharing skills and knowledge
- The role requires excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills
- To supervise a team of Maintenance Technicians and ensure availability of support to the Operations Manager and Production Supervisors
- Oversee holiday authorisations, prompt attention to any HR issues and timely completion of absence management return to work interviews.
- Develop and deploy training and development plans for Maintenance Technicians including probation reviews for newly appointed colleagues
- To ensure through effective day to day supervision that equipment problems are responded to quickly and effectively and that there is an efficient method of reporting, responding and monitoring outcomes in order to achieve Operational output targets.
- To ensure that plant, equipment and services are maintained in a manner that supports the O.E.E. strategy of the business.
- To implement and manage the day to day, medium and long term maintenance strategies – including the implementation of TPM activities and adherence to standards.
- To assist in the deployment of new plant and commissioning of new/refurbished plant and equipment.
- To be responsible for the upkeep and regular maintenance of site services and utilities
- Manage the provision of Spares and Critical Spares
- Maintain Training and Development Matrix for all Maintenance Technicians and any other direct reports.
- Support and develop Maintenance Technicians in problem solving with machine stoppage issues.
- Time served Apprenticeship / Higher National Certificate Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role supervising a team of multi-disciplined maintenance technicians. Strong organisational skills and a leader who can motivate, foster and retain a strong team ethic amongst an autonomous work group.
- Thorough technical background in equipment and infrastructure – familiar with fast moving production operation, able to facilitate 24/7 operations. Advanced knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering
- Use of MFG Pro, MS Excel – understanding of Chemistry principles.
- Fully conversant with Lean Manufacturing techniques – including TPM, SMED, Kaizen and autonomous teams.
- Very attractive salary
- Dayshift working – Monday to Thurs 8am to 5pm / Fri 8am to 1pm
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 B/Hols
A 'Good' Secondary School in Dudley are on the hunt for a Food Technology Technician for at least 2 months. You will work under the overall direction of the Head of Department and support NQTs....
Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East. The company currently require a talented Process Engineer to join the business. Key...
On a day to day basis we will ask you to undertake a wide variety of tasks, communicating with managers, GPs, nurses and administrators. The pace of our surgery is very fast, and we will expect...
Job Reference ID: 170/607/048878 Home Name: Chichester Court Location: South Shields, Tyne and Wear, UK Weekly Hours: 37.5 Salary: 6.84 As the Maintenance Person you will positively promote...
Skills, Knowledge and Understanding: Competent in building strong working relationships and understanding with customers and colleagues Ability to seek opportunities for improvement in all areas...
Job Reference ID: ASB/607/048597 Home Name: Ashbourne Location: Dudley, West Midlands, UK Weekly Hours: 40 Salary: 7.84 As the Maintenance Person you will positively promote excellent health and...
A 'Good' Secondary School in Dudley are on the hunt for a Food Technology Technician for at...
Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East. The company...
On a day to day basis we will ask you to undertake a wide variety of tasks, communicating with...
Job Reference ID: 170/607/048878 Home Name: Chichester Court Location: South Shields, Tyne and...
Skills, Knowledge and Understanding: Competent in building strong working relationships and...
Job Reference ID: ASB/607/048597 Home Name: Ashbourne Location: Dudley, West Midlands, UK Weekly...