Senior Finance Manager
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- £30,000 to £35,000
- Permanent / Full-Time
- Advertised 18 hours ago
- Closing in 41 days
This is an opportunity to join an exciting, creative local company based in Newcastle specialising in the design and manufacture of watches and clocks. They are looking for a bright, methodical and efficient candidate. The successful candidate will be involved general book-keeping, assisting with management accounts and general office tasks.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and will be a fully qualified accountant with a relevant accounting body. The candidate will have 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation post qualification.
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.
All our jobs are guaranteed to be genuine and all applications will be considered.Save job
This feature is useful for specific questions about the job. We screen all questions and automatically reject those that: ask for the employer's contact details; ask the progress of a job application; or attempt to solicit business.Ask question
View on large map
Share this job
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship with Tyne Valley Motor Homes in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. Tyne Valley Motor Homes in County Durham are offering a fantastic opportunity...
Darlington , County Durham Salary negotiable Temporary, part-time Artboard 96 copy 2 Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Due to a highly successful 2017, Match Options Darlington...
Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear £25,000 - £30,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Artboard 96 copy 2 Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Are you an experienced Accountant...
Job Description Electrical Service Engineer – Newcastle-upon-Tyne Description Our client are recruiting for a Mobile Service Engineer to be based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. This is a permanent full...
Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear £18,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Personal Injury Paralegal - Newcastle - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract...
Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear £17,000 - £24,000 per annum Permanent, full-time n/a 5 applications Apply now Italian Speaking Inside Sales Executive Customer Relations Executive, £18,750...
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship with Tyne Valley Motor Homes in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Vehicle...
Darlington , County Durham Salary negotiable Temporary, part-time Artboard 96 copy 2 Be...
Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear £25,000 - £30,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Artboard 96...
Job Description Electrical Service Engineer – Newcastle-upon-Tyne Description Our client are...
Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear £18,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first...
Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear £17,000 - £24,000 per annum Permanent, full-time n/a 5...