£9.77 - £15.63 per hour
Nottingham , Nottinghamshire
Be one of the first ten applicants
- Are you an experienced Security Officer?
- Have you worked as a Security Officer in the Healthcare or Public Sector?
- Do you hold a current valid SIA Licence?
- Are you available work between Monday - Sundays working 5 out of 7 nights per week?
- Are you happy work 12 hour shifts each night with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break included?
- Do you hold a current valid enhanced DBS (dated last 12 months)? If not, would you be happy to obtain a current valid in date DBS and register with Your World Healthcare Recruitment as part of your application? (Required in order to commence employment)
- Lastly would you be happy to complete mandatory online training modules (required in order to commence employment with our NHS client)?
If so, I would love to speak with you as we are currently hiring for 2x Security Officers to work nights within the NHS. In order to be considered you must be an experienced Security Officer and hold a current in date SIA licence.
Hospital Security Officer
Travelling: You are required to work between two Hospital sites which are a 15 minute drive from each other
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of temporary role: This is a temporary ongoing role with no end date specified at this stage
Working days and hours:
Monday to Sunday working 5 shifts (Days OR Nights)
Monday to Friday hours between 6am to 8pm: £9.77 paye including Holiday Pay
Nights, hours between 8pm to 6am: £12.73 paye including Holiday Pay
Saturday: £12.73 paye including Holiday Pay
Sunday and Bank Holidays: £15.63 paye including Holiday Pay
- Standard DBS (will be completed by Your World Recruitment)
- SIA Qualification that is in date
- All online training (this will be provided by Your World Recruitment)
- Candidates to be happy on feet to work 12 hour shifts from 7pm to 7am
- Available to work Monday to Sunday
- Must be fluent in English - Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Scope and purpose of Job Description
To prevent crime; protect the well-being of all persons; ensure the safekeeping of Health Board and any other partners property and that of patients, visitors and staff.
- The Security Patrol Officer will proceed immediately to attend calls for assistance involving:
- Those in fear of violence
- Scenes of actual or suspected crime where personal injury is involved; and Crime in progress
- All other calls for assistance will be dealt with in order of priority. If such enquiries cannot be addressed within one hour, the Security Patrol Officer will give an explanation for the delay to a caller.
- To respond to calls from ward staff to deal with Patients, Visitors who are being violent, abusive or disruptive, assess the situation and take the appropriate action to resolve the situation taking all relevant factors into consideration.
- To provide an escort service to members of staff moving around the hospital after dark.
- To provide an escort service for the movement of cash and valuables.
- Locate any interference to perimeter/ground floor protection as soon as possible and report.
- Provide a support service to staff who have been the victims of crime, keeping them informed of any developments in the investigation by Police or security service.
- Log all incidents of crime. All crimes reported to, or discovered by, the Security Service will be investigated by the Security Management team/or the police depending upon the circumstances.
- Initially investigate the surrounding circumstances to any suspect packages, which are discovered abandoned or placed within the complex.
- Respond to intruder alarms, inspect for signs of break-in, search for suspects, and liaise with the control room and police.
- Assist in all emergencies outside normal working hours, unless relieved by a senior manager or the night nurse practitioner.
- Check the external doors and ground floor windows of premises out of working hours to ensure they are secure.
- To respond immediately to all fire calls, taking action in line with the Health Board fire policy, to minimise risk to life and assets.
- Protect buildings, along with their contents, from fire damage by patrolling, exercising vigilance, raising the fire alarm, fighting fire and reporting fire hazards to the Fire and Safety Officer and Head of Department concerned.
Please apply now in order to be considered
Are you an experienced Security Officer?
Do you hold a current valid SIA Licence?
Are you happy to work 12 hour shifts 5 out of 7 nights per week with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break?
Are you happy to complete mandatory online training modules required to commence employment?
Are you happy to register with Your World Healthcare and obtain a DBS to commence employment?
Please answer all of the application questions.
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Apply now Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
About this company
Nights Security Officer - NHS £9.77 - £15.63 per hour Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Nights Security Officer - IMMEDIATE START £9.77 - £15.63 per hour Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Security Officer £8.92 per hour Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Security Officer £18,005 - £19,337 per annum Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
100% Online Working as a Security Guard/ Officer Within the Private Security Industry Online with live classes £275 Night Fire Marshal Tarining- CPD Accredited Online, self-paced £10.00 100% Online Award in Working as a CCTV (PSS) Operator Within the Private Security Industry Online with live classes £295 View Door supervisor courses
Security Officer Do you have a valid SIA Door Supervisor Licence? Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? If so, then we...
Organisation:Nottingham City Council Working Hours: Full Time , Hours per week - 37 Salary:£19,171 NPPV Required:No Appointment Type:Permanent Location:Nottingham Control Centre, The Woodlands,...
Public Protection Officer (Compliance and Regulation Enforcement) Grade F £23,541 - £25,991 a year Directorate: Communities and Place Hours: 37 hours a week Contract type: 2 Permanent posts and 1...
Back to Search results Location Burton on Trent DE14 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday - Sunday Working Times Between 05:00am and 05:00am Shift Pattern Days and Nights (24 hr...
Organisation:Bradgate Education Partnership Working Hours: Full Time , Hours per week - 37 Salary:£22,185 - £24,495 Appointment Type:Permanent Location:Bradgate Education Partnership,...
Organisation:Nottingham City Council Working Hours: Part Time , Hours per week - 15 Salary:£19,698 - Pro-Rata NPPV Required:No Appointment Type:Temporary Location:Crocus Fields, Arkwright Walk...
Security Officer Do you have a valid SIA Door Supervisor Licence? Are you looking for a new...
Organisation:Nottingham City Council Working Hours: Full Time , Hours per week - ...
Public Protection Officer (Compliance and Regulation Enforcement) Grade F £23,541 - £25,991 a...
Back to Search results Location Burton on Trent DE14 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working...
Organisation:Bradgate Education Partnership Working Hours: Full Time , Hours per week - ...
Organisation:Nottingham City Council Working Hours: Part Time , Hours per week - ...