We are recruiting for an experienced Quality Manager to be based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
The role entails taking responsibility for the ongoing implementation of the quality management system within the project scope. This includes reviewing and reporting on compliance of all aspects of the quality management system, its effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
In addition, the role acts as an enabler for change and the dissemination of good practice within the project. The role involves on/off site auditing of project and contractor activities to ensure that they are meeting the system requirements.
Management & Surveying
- Supporting the implementation and ongoing development of the quality management system through the dissemination of good practice within the project.
- Performing management reviews at project level and identify and action opportunities for improvement.
- Monitoring and reviewing compliance of relevant aspects of the WYG management system and report on its effectiveness, making recommendations for improvement and supporting implementation as appropriate.
- Establishing and maintaining a project audit programme and carry out audits as scheduled, reporting the results and findings. This shall include main contractor audits.
- Reporting on compliance against gateways and mandated key controls, attend review meetings where applicable.
- Providing guidance to the project team on client’s quality expectations and assist in development of the project delivery strategy.
- Providing support to the business unit for pre-qualifications/tenders on request, particularly on quality management questions.
- Monitoring and reporting on project performance against project requirements and WYG quality performance targets.
- Managing and monitoring continual improvement by acting as the central focus for lessons learned exercises, suggestions and feedback for the project.
- Collecting, collating and reporting the KPI’s regarding project performance against quality management objective’s and targets.
- Providing support to the site team and attend third party audits carried out by external organisations. Supporting business in closing out actions raised.
- Making input non-conformances and observations raised into the register and report on overdue items as well as managing their conversion into preventive actions and report on these also.
- Undertaking root cause analysis of common issues arising from non-conformance; identify preventive measures to project team and report on implementation.
- Reviewing and accepting supplier quality plans and provide specialist advice to the project team and suppliers as required.
- Supporting review and acceptance of supplier inspection and test plans; monitor implementation against contract requirements, and compliance by suppliers; provide specialist advice to the project team and suppliers as required.
- Monitoring performance of suppliers against project requirements and provide support to suppliers as appropriate through training, guidance and audits of their quality procedures.
- Supporting training and development of project-based quality personnel.
- Presenting quality training courses to assist in the development of staff in meeting quality requirements.
- Supporting the project team to achieve zero defects at handover.
- Supporting project teams in the set up and implementation of mobile field quality control tools.
- Supporting development and present project specific training on pertinent quality management subjects, as required by the project.
- Keeping abreast of industry/quality best practice through reading the industry/quality press and attending appropriate functions.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Experience in the implementation of project quality controls.
- Experience in development and implementation of quality management tools and techniques in the operational environment.
- Experience in providing Project support for audits.
- Experience in developing Project audit programmes and carrying out internal audits and supplier audits.
- Experience in leading quality management function at a Project level.
- Excellent understanding and competence in assessment and deployment of QP, ITP and non-conformance.
- Understanding of key project controls and processes such as design, procurement, tendering and project delivery.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 and good working knowledge of 14001 and 45001.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 and external certification and audit process.
- Good IT skills. Must be competent in Microsoft Office and ability to use software systems utilised by the business.
- Good understanding of operational processes through the full delivery life cycle including basic techniques and sequences as well as common risk areas.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of current industry quality standards and regulations.
- Ability to identify and manage conflict in the work environment.
- Proven experience as quality manager
- Conscientious and responsible
- A keen eye for detail and a result driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Educated to HNC/HND or equivalent level ideally in an industry related subject is essential.
- Lead ISO 9001 QMS auditor training is preferred.
- NVQ Level 4 quality management certification is desirable.
- Professional member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQP MCQI) is an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful company that offers a competitive salary, pension and benefits package, along with many other fringe benefits.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We’re committed to supporting your personal aspirations - and with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
£128.00 per day Glasgow , Lanarkshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Our client, a well known Public Sector organisation based in Glasgow, requires a Project...
esure have a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Co-ordinator to join our Customer Digital Transformation department, based at our office in Glasgow city centre. This is a full time, permanent...
Key Responsibilities * Ensure business wide adherence to the processes for preparation, testing and inspection of equipment, liaising with the Supply Chain and Engineering teams to validate all...
Naval Architect 12 Month Contract Glasgow £34.20 per hour Advantage Resourcing are working with a Defence organisation. They are seeking a strong Navel Architecture within navel shipbuilding. To...
Security Cleared (SC) IT Chief Engineer/Architect - outside Glasgow, Synergize Consulting Ltd, 21 daysWe are seeking experienced Security Cleared (SC) IT Chief Engineer for a key account who are at the start of an extensive change program. The ideal candidate needs to be able to quickly assess the...
Marine/Mechanical Engineer - Wholeship Integration, Design, Layout, Structural, Integration, Spatial Management, Heavy Engineering A Marine/Mechanical Engineer is required to work on a six month...
£128.00 per day Glasgow , Lanarkshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten...
esure have a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Co-ordinator to join our Customer Digital...
Key Responsibilities * Ensure business wide adherence to the processes for preparation, testing...
Naval Architect 12 Month Contract Glasgow £34.20 per hour Advantage Resourcing are working with a...
Security Cleared (SC) IT Chief Engineer/Architect - outside Glasgow, Synergize Consulting Ltd, 21 daysWe are seeking experienced Security Cleared (SC) IT Chief Engineer for a key account who are at...
Marine/Mechanical Engineer - Wholeship Integration, Design, Layout, Structural, Integration,...