Purchasing Analyst - Milton Keynes
Ideal Bathrooms - part of Saint-Gobain -Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL 2016, 2017 and 2018'
Ideal Bathrooms is the country's leading specialist bathroom products distributor with an impressive record of continuous growth. This pre-eminent position has been achieved through 35 years of complete dedication to meeting, and exceeding, the expectations of our customers.
We are looking for a motivated, conscientious and flexible team players to join our Purchasing Department, based in our Milton Keynes Head Office. Candidates must possess first rate communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
As the Purchasing Analyst your goal will be to help the business procure at right price, quantity, time, place & quality to maximise Ideal Bathrooms offering to the market. You will maintain the accuracy of system data, including pricing and manage product creation.
- Purchasing experience, preferably in direct procurement
- Import/international purchasing experience
- Understanding of demand planning / forecasting
- Ability to prioritise work loads
- Excellent telephone manner
- PC literate - Excellent working knowledge of excel
- Highly adept at learning IT related processes
- Experience in working with ERP, demand planning or purchasing systems
- Review system ordering suggestion for accuracy and optimum delivery and correct pricing
- Complete regular stock reviews & arrange annual/quarterly stock cleanses with suppliers
- Interrogate demand planning software & agree/modify forecasts
- Buy and order stock at agreed prices, with right quantity, place, time & quality
- Keep data integrity on operating system for product information up to date
- Ensure goods are received in at quoted delivery times
- Monitor stock availability, stock values & open order books
- Liaise with manufacturers with a high standard of communication & complete supplier evaluations
- Ensure all product forecasts & usage data is as accurate as possible
- Ensure stock holdings are checked regularly & stock split correct across all depots
- Ensure all reports are kept up to date and forward to the correct departments where necessary
- Ensure all agreed rebate targets & deadlines are met
- Complete supplier returns for non-required stock & agreed rebalances
- Ensure all price increases are checked & updated on system price file
- Manage and update price file
- Manage system data integrity: barcodes; lead times; weights; volumetrics
- Complete the set-up of quarterly promotions
- Set up all new products on the operating system
What are the benefits?
Here at Ideal bathroom we offer competitive base salary and benefits package, you will also benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and work within a friendly welcoming head office environment.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Transition Manager-00057555 Description Transition Manager Would you like to be part of a forward thinking part of the business which is going through a period of sustained growth? We currently...
Lead Generation Communicator Description Here at Mercedes-Benz, we are working hard to create a great customer experience, which fully complements our product range and creates customer delight....
Job Reference: EW844834 Sector:Manufacturing Starting: ASAP Date Posted: 9 January 2019 Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum Skills Required:Component , commodity , sourcing , chemicals , plastics ,...
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen to join us and work with Blue Arrow one of the UK's Largest specialist staffing companies within our successful Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire Branch to manage a...
Master Data Specialist - 10 month Fixed Term Contract / Secondment Description At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus whilst...
Service Assistant - Milton Keynes Stacey Bushes - 16 hours-1900000293 Salary Banding Up to - 10,000 Pound Sterling (GBP) Contract Type : Part-time - Permanent : Contract Status Work...
Transition Manager-00057555 Description Transition Manager Would you like to be part of a...
Lead Generation Communicator Description Here at Mercedes-Benz, we are working hard to create a...
Job Reference: EW844834 Sector:Manufacturing Starting: ASAP Date Posted: 9 January 2019 Salary:...
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen to join us and work with Blue Arrow one of the UK's Largest...
Master Data Specialist - 10 month Fixed Term Contract / Secondment Description At Mercedes-Benz,...
Service Assistant - Milton Keynes Stacey Bushes - 16 hours-1900000293 Salary Banding Up...