« Back to results
A unique opportunity to join one of the UK's leading construction and development companies. Operating for over 200 years and with various prestigious awards, they have become one of the most respected construction companies due to their heritage and commitment to high quality. Vastly experienced in delivering Commercial, Residential, Industrial and Mixed-use schemes, they are looking for a Project Manager who has extensive experience with RC Frame structures and Student Accommodations.
Reporting to the Construction Director, you will manage the project which includes the attainment of the required quality, safety programme, profitability, co-ordination of site works and management of subcontractors resulting in a successful project completion.
Duties & responsibilities include:
* Single point of contact for client.
* Formulate and present progress reporting structure both internally and to the client.
* Overall responsibility for construction, through to the completion of the building, to the agreed programme.
* Formulating and agreeing main contract programmes.
* To set the agenda for the construction process and the design/ information co-ordination to achieve that process.
* Ensure site team manage in overall terms Site Health and Safety Policy, security and fire policies.
* Ensure site team set up and work to main site filing system.
* Assist with contractual correspondence and distribution of information.
* Attend post hand over review meetings.
* Encourage and develop communication methods employed by staff and nurture positive supportive approach to developing staff.
* To discuss, support and advise team members on a regular individual and team basis and where necessary liaise with Human Resources for additional support.
* Conduct, chair and minute regular team meetings with subcontractors and management and distribute to senior management.
* Complete on time or ahead of time.
* Arrange and ensure meetings with quantity surveyors regularly throughout contract.
* Liaise with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately as they arise.
* Discuss site issues and progress with construction director.
* Attend pre-start meetings with on-site operatives.
* Liaise with client, architect, structural engineers, Building Control, NHBC and other organisations as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
Member of Chartered Institute of Building or working towards desirable
Good knowledge of contract law
Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
Good communication skills
Assertive and strong persuasion skills
Strong time management skills
Good management and leadership skills
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum Wokingham , Berkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Building Control Surveyor Wokingham Building Control Ref MR500 Salary-...
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum Basingstoke , Hampshire Permanent, full-time n/a Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now A multi-million pound independent infrastructure company is seeking two...
Building Control Surveyor Wokingham Building Control Ref MR500 Salary- Competitive + Attractive Benefits Motivated, team player, looking for your next career move? – If this is you then you may be...
An established Oxfordshire based QS/PM Consultancy seeks a Senior Quantity Surveyor with Project Management experience to join their business working on projects across the building and civil...
CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training...
A specialist Main Contractor who specialize in the New Build Extra and Primary Care field are looking to secure the services of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. This company have been the partener...
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum Wokingham , Berkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum Basingstoke , Hampshire Permanent, full-time n/a Be one of the first...
Building Control Surveyor Wokingham Building Control Ref MR500 Salary- Competitive + Attractive...
An established Oxfordshire based QS/PM Consultancy seeks a Senior Quantity Surveyor with Project...
CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare...
A specialist Main Contractor who specialize in the New Build Extra and Primary Care field are...