Travelbound is one of the country’s leading School Tour Operators carrying thousands of children every year. Incorporated under the umbrella of the Travelopia Group of companies. Travelbound is in an enviable position of being a medium sized company based in Brighton but reaping the benefits of being part of a larger organisation.
Travelbound offers a vast range of school tours to a wide range of destinations with itineraries linked to all the main curriculum subjects. From worldwide destinations such as China, the USA and Costa Rica to groups staying at our Château in Normandy, and Classics tours to Greece and Italy.
What You Will Be Doing
Working as part of the Product and Contracting team, and closely with all members of both the Sales and Tour Coordinator Teams, as well as liaising with suppliers, you will provide vital support in obtaining and managing accommodation, excursion and overseas transport contracts with partners all over the world. On a daily basis the role will source and book accommodations for our groups managing the reservations until the booking is confirmed. This role forms a pivotal part of the sales and operations process within Travelbound. The individual will build excellent product knowledge to assist the sales and operational teams with help and advice on a day to day basis.
- Accommodation Requests - Working closely with the sales team the role involves sourcing and securing accommodation for provisional bookings.
- Booking Confirmation – Monitoring accommodation bookings, confirming reservations and managing deposits and payments as appropriate.
- Assisting with researching and building the portfolio of excursions and rates for each destination.
- Negotiating rates with Suppliers and ensuring Health and Safety Regulations are met.
- Working with the Commercial department to ensure all units and prices are loaded on the Travelink Reservation System. Ensuring this system is updated on an annual and ad hoc basis.
- Booking Operation – Assisting the Tour coordinator team with on-going operational needs regarding accommodation and excursions.
- Supplier Relations – Maintain good relations with our overseas suppliers and establish new contacts and new contracts.
- Become a trained auditor to complete Health and Safety audits of accommodation and transport.
- Complete Product overseas trips as required by the business.
- At the discretion of the line Manager it may be necessary to work additional hours as and when required.
- Perform other duties as required according to the needs of the business; a flexible approach is required to work duties.
What We Are Looking For
- The applicant needs to have strong commercial acumen, be adaptable, reliable and flexible, with a responsible attitude and possess the ability to cope under pressure and respond to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- Ability to deal with competing priorities effectively
- Self-motivated and good working under pressure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Strong written, verbal communication and numeracy skills
- Foreign Language/s Italian desirable.
- Good geographical knowledge of Europe – desirable
- Naturally inquisitive, looking for ways to improve product offering to clients.
- A “can do attitude” and strong team player
Working Within TUI Group
Travelopia is the home for brands that create extraordinary travel experiences. We are at the forefront of global travel for those wanting something distinctive. Each of our customers demands a different experience. We give them this through real understanding and expertise. It’s at the heart of all we do at Travelopia.
Specialist travel is all we do. Passions such as yachting, trekking, cycling, learning, sports, boating, ski-ing, culture and luxury travel.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with
- Competitive salary
- Reward scheme – online discounts on products & services
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How To Apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Joining the TUI Retail Team as a Travel Advisor, we will help you become a destination expert so that you can recommend and sell holidays and additional products such as airport hotels, parking...
Mechanical/Electrical Fitter x 4 - ( Job Number: 170008YJ) Job Title: Mechanical/Electrical Fitter x 4 Salary: £24,180 Contract: Permanent Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 9% Bonus, Share Scheme...
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is both flexible and versatile in their approach to work to join our excellent and friendly admin team. You must be able to work well under...
Search Consultancy are currently recruiting for a Office & Project Administrator for one of our clients. Offering a range of benefits including paid fairs to London and Private Health Insurance...
Clothing Technical Manager At Tu clothing, quality is our absolute wardrobe must-have. 'Good enough' isn't 'good enough' for us when it comes to technical standards across our Mens, Womens and...
Our established and reputable client is seeking a Stores Supervisor to join their team in Burgess Hill- Growing Company. Purpose of the Role/ Overview: To ensure the flow of parts in and out of...
Joining the TUI Retail Team as a Travel Advisor, we will help you become a destination expert so...
Mechanical/Electrical Fitter x 4 - ( Job Number: 170008YJ) Job Title: Mechanical/Electrical...
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is both flexible and versatile in their...
Search Consultancy are currently recruiting for a Office & Project Administrator for one of our...
Clothing Technical Manager At Tu clothing, quality is our absolute wardrobe must-have. 'Good...
Our established and reputable client is seeking a Stores Supervisor to join their team in...