« Back to results
This new and exciting role working for my client based in Sale. A fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in Procurement ideally from a manufacturing background.
If you are an ambitious graduate (or equivalent) with experience of procuring critical raw materials to feed a busy manufacturing operation, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to progress along your managerial career path.
As Group Procurement Manager you will take responsibility for procurement across the business both within the UK and US plant, ensuring maintenance of standards and managing contracts with suppliers for the timely supply of goods and services to fulfill the expectations of customers. Reporting into the Managing Director.
They are committed to supporting your continued development to become an integral part of our management team, contributing to furthering the strategic aims and ambitions of their global business.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8am-5pm, Monday- Thursday
8am - 4.10pm on Fridays
* To manage the procurement of raw materials and consumables in line with our quality specifications and the standards expected by our customers
* To ensure sufficient quantity and quality of materials/stock ordered and available to fulfill production demands and meet our customer's delivery dates
* To ensure all our goods and processes are compliant with current ISO regulations
* To establish and maintain strategic, positive relationships with key suppliers aligned to the company's needs
* Full involvement with the evaluation of new and existing materials and their successful integration into our business. This will include identifying current and future trends in the global market place
* Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates
* Foster close working relationships with associated departments eg. Sales, Customer Service and Production, Warehouse, Accounts
* Supplier visits both in the UK and occasionally abroad. Such visits may be at short notice.
* To fulfill other duties as reasonably required by a manager to support the functioning and smooth running of a department and the business
* To ensure all our procurement and stock management processes are efficient, smooth, accurate and robust
* To ensure the most cost effective processes are developed and maintained, with minimum waste
* Degree or equivalent experience, ideally in business related discipline
* Procurement/Supply Chain experience of procuring critical raw materials in manufacturing
* A quick learner, proactive and motivated towards career growth within our business
* Excellent communicator with the ability to influence, negotiate and interact effectively with a wide range of suppliers, customers and colleagues
* Strong written, analytical and presentation skills
* Resourceful, well organised with demonstrable leadership potential
* Flexible approach, with ability to travel at short notice to suppliers, predominantly in the UK but occasionally abroad including, potentially, our US plant
* Full Driving License
* Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
* CIPS qualified or working towards this
* Experience in procurement of materials within Packaging or Print industries
* Exposure to international markets and projects
* A second European language
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Buyer - WD30065883065 What you will do The Buyer - Verticals UKI role incorporates materials and subcontract procurement activities. The Buyer will be responsible for supplier management and...
Commercial Manager (Housing Developments) Blackburn (Lancashire) £55,000 – £65,000 (Dep on experience) plus full benefits An experienced Commercial Manager in residential build is required to join...
CAPITA ARE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER - BASED IN MANCHESTER The Senior Engineer is responsible for providing 1st line support on this major Airwave Managed Service contract. ...
Supplier Service Manager / Service Delivery Manager with DCC Smart Metering in Manchester: We are actively seeking a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Supplier Service Manager for the...
Supplier Manager / Service Delivery Manager with DCC Smart Metering in Manchester: We are actively seeking a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Supplier Service Manager for the opportunity...
Project Director-186227 Project Director Location: Northern Region - Manchester Kier Highways Major Projects are looking to recruit an experience Project Director to join the Framework team they...
Buyer - WD30065883065 What you will do The Buyer - Verticals UKI role incorporates materials and...
Commercial Manager (Housing Developments) Blackburn (Lancashire) £55,000 – £65,000 (Dep on...
CAPITA ARE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER - BASED IN MANCHESTER The Senior...
Supplier Service Manager / Service Delivery Manager with DCC Smart Metering in Manchester: We...
Supplier Manager / Service Delivery Manager with DCC Smart Metering in Manchester: We are...
Project Director-186227 Project Director Location: Northern Region - Manchester Kier Highways...