About the job
Cpl are currently working with a world leading manufacturer to recruit a highly motivated Process Engineer
Based in Greater Belfast the role will be to assist the R&D Team to transfer a new product from the research phase to production.
The ideal candidate will have experience in vacuum brazing and/or laser welding.THE ROLE
• Programming, proving and operating vacuum furnace equipment to braze sub-assemblies suitable for incorporation into vacuum systems.
• Set-up, program and operate laser welding equipment to join sub-assemblies and produce hermetically sealed vacuum vessels.
• Maintain, fault-find (to component level) and repair production systems.
• Design and build suitable fixturing for vacuum brazing and laser welding assembly processes.
• Develop new and existing brazing schemes to enable production of sub-assemblies.
• Define laser welding protocols suitable for making hermetically sealed joints between components.
• Develop and qualify leak test procedures for hermetically sealed assemblies.
• Develop equipment, methods, inspections, and production procedures for laser welding processes, from pilot line to fully operational production.
• Revisit and improve the internal production quality assurance, gather and statistically analyse data of actual device production.
• Work closely with R&D regarding product development.
• Assist with product certification.REQUIRED CRITERIA
• Engineer (Mechanical, Manufacturing or related Engineering) educated to degree level.
• Experience of machine and process set-up.
• Proven ability to pursue work independently.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• A willingness to travel when required.
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal.DESIRED CRITERIA
• Experience in an industrial R&D setting.
• Experience of one or more fusion technologies (Laser welding and/or vacuum brazing preferred, but knowledge of any fusion technique would be beneficial).
• Possess a working knowledge of G-code.PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude
For further details please contact Daithí on 028 71 867666 or 07881870185. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Job Role ** Please note this role will be for an immediate start, but you will attend MidKent College for the day release which will commence in September 2018** A broad technical...
Long term requirement for Test Technician in Belfast. Monday-Friday £9.50 p/h + holiday pay + pension. Job Summary Reporting to the Production Manager, we are searching for someone to help drive...
MCS Group are delighted to be working closely with this well-known, global manufacturing company conveniently based 10 mile outside of Belfast City Centre. Through continued success in the export...
• An attractive package is on offer including Company Van with fuel card + company mobile + laptop • Opportunities for growth and advancement within the organisation Ref: C3-D7853 We are working...
R&D Software Engineer JOB TITLE: R&D Software Engineer REPORTS TO: Principal Software Engineer/Software Development Manager POSITION SUMMARY Working as part of the Software Team, the role demands...
Excellent opportunity for HSC R&D Approvals Change Manager based in Belfast. HSC R&D Approvals Change Manager Band 7 (£31,072 - £40,964) Location: Belfast The postholder will lead and support the...
About the Job Role ** Please note this role will be for an immediate start, but you will attend...
Long term requirement for Test Technician in Belfast. Monday-Friday £9.50 p/h + holiday pay +...
MCS Group are delighted to be working closely with this well-known, global manufacturing company...
• An attractive package is on offer including Company Van with fuel card + company mobile +...
R&D Software Engineer JOB TITLE: R&D Software Engineer REPORTS TO: Principal Software...
Excellent opportunity for HSC R&D Approvals Change Manager based in Belfast. HSC R&D Approvals...