Part time Delivery Postman / Postwoman with Driving
Job reference: 99987
Location: South Shields Delivery Office NE33 5BY
Hours: 27:30 hours, between 09:00 and 14:30 , 5 days per week (Monday – Saturday)
Hourly Rate: £10.25 Age 18+, £7.97 Age 17.
Royal Mail is one of the UK’s best-loved brands. Every day, we’re bringing letters and parcels to people around the country; something that communities across the UK rely on. We are 150,000 strong with 500 years of history, and we wear our badge with pride. Now, we want you to wear it too.
About the role
From scorching summer days to the depths of winter, our postmen and postwomen play a vital role, delivering the mail. It’s a physically demanding job – but it’s one the nation relies on. Here, you will:
- Work part-time hours between the hours of 09:00 and 14:30
- Cover periods of leave for a fixed number of routes (so you’ll need to be a bit flexible)
- Sort the mail for your route
- Check your vehicle and join a colleague for your round
- Spend between four and six hours delivering mail outdoors
- Upbeat and self-motivated: You’ll be happy working solo as well as part of a team.
- Love of the outdoors: From rural farms to city apartments, corner shops to business parks, whatever the weather (and, this being Britain, it can get quite extreme) we’re there, six days a week. That means you’ll need to be happy being out and about.
- Good level of fitness: There’s up to six hours per day of walking, so you should relish a role that keeps you fit.
- Excellent organisation: You will need to be able to plan your round and make sure you complete all your deliveries in good time.
- Resilience: You will be able to work under pressure and with the public, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- Flexibility: You will be working in different areas covering your colleagues’ holidays, so you might need to adjust your working hours to match your round.
Driving licence requirements
A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address), with no more than six penalty points is essential, but a clean licence is preferred. Please note you will be required to show this at assessment.
We’re more than a household name. Using technology and logistics, we’re delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK – everything from birthday presents to exam results. This means you’ll make a difference to people’s lives, every day.
Our postmen and postwomen are part of the community. We don’t just deliver post: we deliver a promise. No matter the location, we make it to that doorstep – and we make our customers smile. It might seem like a little thing but, together, we have a big impact.
Royal Mail Group, delivered by people for people
We’re also an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at our heart. We welcome applications from individuals of all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
We offer an industry-leading pay and benefits package
Age 17 £7.97 + 6 months +12 months
Age 18+ £10.25 £10.82 £11.39
You will be paid weekly, with pay increments after six months and twelve months, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a weekly supplement of £25.16 (pro-rata) plus overtime and shift allowance if applicable for Delivery work.
- Holiday entitlement starts at 22.5 days on entry rising with length of service (pro-rata)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Full uniform provided
- Childcare voucher scheme where you can save tax and National Insurance by paying for your childcare by the Childcare Plus scheme, and an excellent maternity/paternity leave policy
- Cycle2work scheme
- Many varied corporate discounts e.g. lifestyle discounts to include high street vouchers, travel & attraction discounts for family days out, fashion, gifts and health & wellbeing to include discount on beauty products and gym membership.
- Part time 27:30 hours per week
- Working between the hours of 09:00 and 14:30
- Five days across Monday to Saturday
- One day off during the week (rotational day off)
What happens next?
After you apply, your application will be reviewed and, if you’re successful, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview.
We plan to hold interviews on 15th and 16th January 2019, therefore if you wish to apply please ensure you are available on this date.
If you are successful the expected start date would be from 06/03/2019.
For further information, please click here .
£80.00 - £120.00 per day Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear Contract, full-time or part-time Ongoing Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now About Us: Abalon are an IT services specialist...
£7.78 - £8.13 per hour Durham , County Durham Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website At Caffè Nero, it’s the people that make us unique. That’s why...
£7.83 per hour Sunderland , Tyne and Wear Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Care Assistant Flexi – 33 hours per week (Day and Night shifts) Round...
£7.83 per hour Sunderland , Tyne and Wear Permanent, part-time Apply on employer's website Care Assistant Days – 33 hours per week (Shifts are from 8am to 8pm and on a 3 on 3 off basis) Round of...
We have an opportunity for an Accounts Administrator to join our client's team based in Newcastle. The Company Our client is the UK's largest stockist of Non-Ferrous Metals with over 60 years'...
£36,200 per annum, negotiable Tyne And Wear , North East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Registered Managers for Children's Homes (4 posts) - Newcastle,...
£80.00 - £120.00 per day Newcastle Upon Tyne , Tyne And Wear Contract, full-time or...
£7.78 - £8.13 per hour Durham , County Durham Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£7.83 per hour Sunderland , Tyne and Wear Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten...
£7.83 per hour Sunderland , Tyne and Wear Permanent, part-time Apply on employer's website Care...
We have an opportunity for an Accounts Administrator to join our client's team based in...
£36,200 per annum, negotiable Tyne And Wear , North East England Permanent, full-time Be one of...