- London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- Senior Physiotherapist
- Northwick Park, London
- £34,961 to £42,010 pa incl
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWUH) is one of the largest integrated NHS Trusts in the country. Our team of more than 8,000 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of approximately one million people providing hospital and community services to the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
As well as delivering community services across four London boroughs from multiple sites we run major acute hospital services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A&E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country’s top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark’s Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for colorectal disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, which also offers a range of outpatient services and urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
To find out more about our Trust, why not view our video We are London North West University Healthcare
Our values - HEART
Our vision at London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust is to provide excellent clinical care in the right setting
We are clear that our vision can only be achieved by our staff, who are our most valuable asset.
Our vision is driven by our HEART values and behaviours which were developed together with our staff.
These values describe how we interact with each other and our patients and must underpin everything we do to achieve our vision.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust welcomes applications from people who wish to work part time or flexibly.
The Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Reablement Service (STARRS) is expanding and we are looking for a knowledgeable, motivated, Physiotherapist with strong clinical decision making skills to join our multidisciplinary team.
STARRS is a national leader in intermediate care that aims to bring the best of hospital care to a patient’s home and therefore avoid unnecessary hospital attendances/admissions. Most of our referrals are from GPs, London Ambulance Service and Accident and Emergency departments. We provide a two person Rapid Response service to provide the initial assessment at home, performing a holistic assessment of the patient and in some cases starting a treatment plan. The team can utilise a number of pieces of diagnostic equipment in the home, plus we have access to hospital facilities for various scans when required. We also provide our services in A&E to avoid hospital admissions and facilitate safe discharges. STARRS looks to provide the very best patient care, aiming to provide the same care a patient would receive as an in patient. This includes having real time access to patient records in the community via laptops and smart phones.
We also provides an Early Supported Discharge Service to reduce the length of stay of patients in hospital by continuing their care at home.
We are looking for Physiotherapists who have a passion for patient care, who want to develop their skills and push themselves outside the normal boundaries of Physio practice and who have a real drive to make sure their patient gets the best treatment possible. Excellent communication skills are essential.
As a Band 6 Physiotherapist you will:
- Attend patients as both part of the Rapid Response crew and alone for follow up visits.
- Develop your Physiotherapy skills into a more well-rounded holistic approach to patient care.
- Take on extended roles such as venepuncture, drug administration, advance assessment of the acutely ill patient and acute injury assessment.
- Gain experience in generic, orthopaedic, musculoskeletal, respiratory, neurological rehabilitation and falls prevention.
- Develop new skills normally outside of the scope of Physiotherapists including Nursing and Occupational therapy tasks.
- Gain experience in day to day management of the team including taking handovers and helping to make treatment plans at the virtual ward round.
- Supervise junior staff and students
- Attend in-service training and have Continued Professional Development opportunities
STARRS works 7 days a week from 08:00 until 20:30 plus cover of the A&E department until 22:30. You will be expected to work weekends and bank holidays although it is our aim that you work approximately one weekend in four. You will also cover occasional late shifts which run from 10:00 until 22:30.
In return for your skills and dedication to the team and our patients we endeavour to provide:
- A supportive environment to learn and develop your new skills.
- Working with Doctors, including Consultants to push your knowledge beyond normal Physiotherapy practice.
- Regular training above and beyond statutory and mandatory training.
- An emphasis on a good work life balance including meal breaks to enable staff to perform at their best.
- A management team that listens and acts on your concerns.
- Experience managing the team.
- The opportunity to deliver training sessions.
- The usual NHS benefits plus a lease car option.
- Agenda for change pay scale Band 6 plus outer London weighting and unsocial hours enhancements where appropriate.
Crèche facility available on site.
For this post, the following are essential:
- Current HCPC registration
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Physiotherapy knowledge and assessment skills
- Full clean driving licence and use of a car.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sagar Kolli Clinical Head Nurse- 020 8869 3654 or Dev Robert in 020 8869 3654
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote the wellbeing and safety of all our patients and carers by acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately, according to the standards determined by our policy and procedures. All posts working with vulnerable groups will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check upon appointment and staff will need to give their consent for the Trust to receive regular updates on their criminal records status throughout their employment.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive for certain posts, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications. After the closing date we strongly advise you check the email account which is registered with NHS Jobs regularly. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted
Our employment checking processes require that all shortlisted applicants provide the contact details of their current HR Department. If shortlisted you will be sent an email reminder to present the contact details of your HR Department at the interview.
Please note the Trust uses identity checking software for verifying the authenticity of identity documents provided by candidates.
Please note, as per updated UKVI guidelines, from April 2017 candidates appointed to any role that we are able to request sponsorship for a Tier 2 (general) visa will be required to provide an overseas criminal record certificate for themselves and any adult dependents from each country that they have lived in consecutively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Further information on obtaining the criminal record check for time spent abroad can be found on the gov.uk website.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas .
The Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Reablement Service (STARRS) is expanding and we are looking for a dynamic and motivated Band 7 Senior Physiotherapist to join our multidisciplinary...
"The Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Reablement Service (STARRS) is expanding and we are looking for a dynamic and motivated Patient Pathway Coordinator to join our friendly,...
Senior Occupational Therapist, Northumbria Healthcare - NHCT Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust;, 9 daysThe Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Reablement Service (STARRS) are looking for dynamic and motivated senior clinicians to work in their newly commissioned Integrated care...
Band 7 - Clinical Nurse Specialist: Haemoglobinopathies/Sickle Cell Disease ‘It’s in our blood, is it in yours?’ Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHNT) is one of six accredited UK Academic...
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of...
Advanced Specialist Mental Health Pharmacist - Band 8a, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust;, 20 daysAdvanced Specialist Mental Health Pharmacist – Psychiatric Liaison Creation of new liaison psychiatry pharmacist posts has led to a wonderful opportunity for two experienced and passionate mental...
The Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Reablement Service (STARRS) is expanding and we...
"The Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Reablement Service (STARRS) is expanding and we...
Senior Occupational Therapist, Northumbria Healthcare - NHCT Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust;, 9 daysThe Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Reablement Service (STARRS) are looking for...
Band 7 - Clinical Nurse Specialist: Haemoglobinopathies/Sickle Cell Disease ‘It’s in our blood,...
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health...
Advanced Specialist Mental Health Pharmacist - Band 8a, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust;, 20 daysAdvanced Specialist Mental Health Pharmacist – Psychiatric Liaison Creation of new liaison...