We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
Career Progression:You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the opportunity to work in the community, in local health centres, care services and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love, in a store that you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients, customers, and your team.
What you need: To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community pharmacy and providing the best care for our customers.
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills; you will hold excellent face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
Need To Know
This role is suitable for any Pharmacist who is looking to work weekends (saturday or sunday or both) across a number of stores within the North Tyneside geography. We can accomodate regular weekly shifts or monthly shifts to suit your needs.
Weekends and evenings, Weekends only
Hours per week
Less than 16 hours per week
Office use only
Office use only
Pharmacist, healthcare, pharmacy, in store pharmacist
Advert Resident Clinical Pharmacist Band 6 + Emergency Duty Commitment £30, 401 – £37,267 + EDC We currently have two vacancies within our resident clinical pharmacy team and are seeking an...
We are looking for a highly motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic Pharmacy Technician with experience to work in our busy and friendly Pharmacy Department. You will work as part of a dedicated...
Pharmacy Procurement Officer Band 3 - £18,813 - £20,795 A Pharmacy Procurement Officer is required to provide administrative support to the Purchasing Office at the Pharmacy Department, Russells...
Are you an enthusiastic pharmacist looking to develop your clinical knowledge and skills? We are looking to recruit patient focused pharmacists with excellent communication and team working skills...
10-Oct-2019 Retail 04419-BYKER BYKER Role Description: Pharmacist 9 months Maternity Cover About the Role If you’re highly professional with a forward-thinking approach, you’ll love the buzz of...
Pharmacy Technician – Band 4 £ 21, 089 – £23,761 As an innovative Pharmacy Department continually expanding our services we are looking to expand our qualified pharmacy technician workforce...
Advert Resident Clinical Pharmacist Band 6 + Emergency Duty Commitment £30, 401 – £37,267 +...
We are looking for a highly motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic Pharmacy Technician with...
Pharmacy Procurement Officer Band 3 - £18,813 - £20,795 A Pharmacy Procurement Officer is...
Are you an enthusiastic pharmacist looking to develop your clinical knowledge and skills? We are...
10-Oct-2019 Retail 04419-BYKER BYKER Role Description: Pharmacist 9 months Maternity Cover About...
Pharmacy Technician – Band 4 £ 21, 089 – £23,761 As an innovative Pharmacy Department...