We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
Career Progression:You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the opportunity to work in the community, in local health centres, care services and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love, in a store that you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients, customers, and your team.
What you need: To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community pharmacy and providing the best care for our customers.
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills; you will hold excellent face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
Need To Know
We have an exciting opportunity in our Ventnor store as a full-time store based Pharmacist who will lead the team in making a real difference in this community based store to our customers and patients’ lives. This Pharmacist position is in a great location for anyone wanting a great work life balance.
This Pharmacist position will provide you with a great opportunity to develop your skills as a pharmacist and career prospects with Boots. This opportunity is to work 40 hours per week alongside our amazing Pharmacy team already in store. Although we are advertising a full-time position, anyone who is looking for flexible working, or part time hours will also be considered for this position.
For more information on opportunities with Boots, please contact our Regional Recruiter Melissa Adey at Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week
Over 35 hours per week
Office use only
Office use only
Pharmacist, healthcare, pharmacy, in store pharmacist, Medicine, Medicines
Assistant Store Manager – Portsmouth Impressive benefits including up to 50% staff discount! At Ann Summers we love what we do and as the market leader, we want the very best experts on our team!...
Bembridge Coast Hotel Food & Beverage Team working primarily within our Restaurant, Solent Lounge Bar and Coffee Shop areas We have a few openings for experienced and well-presented individuals to...
Various Roles OPEN NOW at The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary The Wildheart Trust is a young, vibrant charity providing a sanctuary for rescued animals while delivering conservation projects in the UK...
Back to Search results Location GKN Cowes Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday-Friday Working Times Between 8:00am and 18:00pm Shift Pattern Days Working Hours per Week 37.5...
Back to Search results Location East Cowes PO32 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday-Friday Working Times Between 06:00am and 6:00pm Shift Pattern Days Working Hours per Week 16...
Back to Search results Location Lymington, Hampshire SO41 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday - Sunday Working Times Between 7:00am and 7:00pm Shift Pattern Days &...
Assistant Store Manager – Portsmouth Impressive benefits including up to 50% staff discount! At...
Bembridge Coast Hotel Food & Beverage Team working primarily within our Restaurant, Solent...
Various Roles OPEN NOW at The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary The Wildheart Trust is a young, vibrant...
Back to Search results Location GKN Cowes Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days...
Back to Search results Location East Cowes PO32 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days...
Back to Search results Location Lymington, Hampshire SO41 Contract Type Permanent -...