We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For almost 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What you can expect:
As a Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying that you’ll be providing excellent customer and patient care it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
Career Progression:You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management, we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the opportunity to work in the community, in local health centres, care services and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love, in a store that you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients, customers, and your team.
What you need: To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Be registered with relevant pharmacy regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, patients, customers and external local professionals
- Have a passion for community pharmacy and providing the best care for our customers.
- Have a love of working collaboratively with a team-centred approach
- Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
- Role model communication skills; you will hold excellent face to face interactions to effectively meet the varied needs of customers and patients in pharmacy
We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
Need To Know
We are recruiting a brand new Pharmacist position from our store in New Mills, which sits just off the edge of the Peak District, but is definitely commutable from Manchester and Stockport. Our Store in New Mills is a local Pharmacy that works closely with our other store in the market town. If you become the Pharmacist in our store here, you will find yourself in a quaint, beautiful, cheerful community working alongside a caring and fun team. Our Pharmacy does around 1500 items per week and offers services such as the flu and pneumonia vaccination and EHC.
As a Pharmacist in our store you'll have the chance to make a real difference to our customers' and patients’ lives. This Pharmacist position is in a great location with accessible local transport links including Manchester Airport Eastern Link Road and a local train station from Manchester Piccadilly. We also have local parking facilities.
If you would like some more information or email email@example.com.
This Pharmacist position will provide you with a great opportunity to develop your skills as a pharmacist and career prospects with Boots and is a great opportunity for a newly qualified pharmacist as there is plenty of support, or would work well for someone looking to take a future leadership role as could involve deputising for SM on annual leave. This opportunity is to work 32-40 hours per week alongside our amazing Pharmacy team already in store.
Hours per week
25 to 34 per week, Over 35 hours per week
Office use only
Office use only
Pharmacist, healthcare, pharmacy, in store pharmacist, Medicine, Medicines
Poole - Store Manager WHAT YOU DO MATTERS… As the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of your store – we expect you to manage your store as if it were your own business! In this...
Back to Search results Location St Ives PE27 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday - Friday Working Times Between 5:00pm and 7:30pm Shift Pattern Afternoons/Evenings Working...
Receptionist As a Receptionist, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success. You’ll be...
Food Service Assistant As a Food Service Assistant, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing...
Break into Prison Healthcare! Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you looking to work for a company that offers support and development...
£17,842 pa 37 hpw, 52 weeks per year. An enthusiastic and flexible colleague is required to support our Site Team. You need to work within a team engendering pride in our buildings and grounds as...
Poole - Store Manager WHAT YOU DO MATTERS… As the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all...
Back to Search results Location St Ives PE27 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days...
Receptionist As a Receptionist, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for...
Food Service Assistant As a Food Service Assistant, you are at the heart of our operation and we...
Break into Prison Healthcare! Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two...
£17,842 pa 37 hpw, 52 weeks per year. An enthusiastic and flexible colleague is required to...