- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Palliative care
- Both Campus, Nottingham
- £30,401-£37,267 per annum pro rata
Bring your whole self to work for us at NUH. We love diversity and we value your difference, your unique skills, knowledge and experience. Becoming one of our people may realise your potential, helping us to raise our performance in delivering world class healthcare to the diverse patient populations we serve. We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, or Disabled, as we are currently under-represented at NUH.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL SECONDMENT FOR HAYWARD HOUSE NURSES ONLY.
We are looking to offer this development opportunity to one or two highly motivated registered Nurses who are seeking the opportunity to develop further Palliative Care skills. This role is a secondment for either 7.5hours for two nurses or 15 hours for one nurse, depending on the success of the applicants at interview, working alongside the Hospital Palliative Care Nurses for 12 months.
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic individuals to work alongside the Hospital Palliative Care team providing a specialist palliative care service to adult areas throughout Nottingham University Hospitals Trust. The team sees approximately 1800 inpatients a year throughout the trust, delivers education to all members of the multidisciplinary team, has a growing portfolio of involvement in research studies and has an integral role in supporting the wider specialist palliative care team. It also has a fundamental role in supporting End of Life initiatives across the trust.
The post holder will be get the opportunity to:
- Shadow and work closely with current specialist nurses
- Develop skills in clinical audit and research relevant to palliative care
- Develop skills in strategic and clinical decision making in the development and delivery of local palliative care services and End of Life initiatives
- Develop their communication skills
You will be expected to demonstrate a significant commitment to the field of palliative care, and show evidence of excellent communication skills.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Please submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date.
All communication will be via the email address you have provided. Please ensure you check your email account including your junk email regularly.
If you have a disability and find it difficult to complete our online application form, please email us at email@example.com for our easy read application.
The quoted salary will be pro rata for part time workers.
All applicants who have declared a disability and meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted.
NHS employees within the East Midlands who are ‘at risk’ of redundancy will be given a preferential interview where they meet the essential criteria.
We welcome applications from individuals who require Tier 2 sponsorship. NON-EEA candidates may not be appointed, if a suitably qualified and skilled EU/EEA candidate is successful at interview stage as it is unlikely that the Trust is able to satisfy the Home Office Visa requirements.
- If I have previous NHS service, I consent to the transfer of my Electronic Staff Record (ESR) data between this and other NHS Trusts.
- I also consent to the Occupational Health Department confidentially accessing my occupational health records from my current or previous employer in order to check the status of my vaccinations, immunisations s and screening tests as relevant to the post. I understand this is an automated process and the information will only be used for these purposes prior to me taking up the position at NUH.
- Your post maybe subject to a DBS check which incurs a cost dependent on the level of check required (£45 for enhanced and £28 for standard). I agree to reimburse NUH NHS Trust the cost of a DBS check if it is required (by deduction from first month’s pay). Should I decide to withdraw from my job offer, I agree to reimburse NUH NHS Trust the cost of the DBS check undertaken by cheque or other agreed method.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas .
£31,365 - £37,890 per annum Nottingham , Nottinghamshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Senior Occupational Therapist In-Patients Band 6 - 37.5...
£31,365 - £37,890 per annum Derby , Derbyshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website We are delighted to offer a Band 6 Associate Nurse Specialist...
OffOnSend jobs like this to my email Job description: Excellent pay rates available for qualified nursing staff. Staff Nurse - Derby - Full time/Part time £150 Sign up Bonus for Nurses working...
Competitive salary Nottingham , Nottinghamshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Achieve your nursing potential at Nottingham University...
£31,365 - £37,890 per annum Nottingham , Nottinghamshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Hospital@Night is part of the Acute Medicine Division...
Salary negotiable Thringstone , Leicestershire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now RMN / Nurse / RGN / Full-time, Part-time, Temporary Salary: £18 - £24 Per Hour As a...
£31,365 - £37,890 per annum Nottingham , Nottinghamshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the...
£31,365 - £37,890 per annum Derby , Derbyshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
OffOnSend jobs like this to my email Job description: Excellent pay rates available for...
Competitive salary Nottingham , Nottinghamshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£31,365 - £37,890 per annum Nottingham , Nottinghamshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the...
Salary negotiable Thringstone , Leicestershire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten...