- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Palliative care
- Both Campus, Nottingham
- £30,401-£37,267 per annum pro rata
Bring your whole self to work for us at NUH. We love diversity and we value your difference, your unique skills, knowledge and experience. Becoming one of our people may realise your potential, helping us to raise our performance in delivering world class healthcare to the diverse patient populations we serve. We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, or Disabled, as we are currently under-represented at NUH.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL SECONDMENT FOR HAYWARD HOUSE NURSES ONLY.
We are looking to offer this development opportunity to one or two highly motivated registered Nurses who are seeking the opportunity to develop further Palliative Care skills. This role is a secondment for either 7.5hours for two nurses or 15 hours for one nurse, depending on the success of the applicants at interview, working alongside the Hospital Palliative Care Nurses for 12 months.
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic individuals to work alongside the Hospital Palliative Care team providing a specialist palliative care service to adult areas throughout Nottingham University Hospitals Trust. The team sees approximately 1800 inpatients a year throughout the trust, delivers education to all members of the multidisciplinary team, has a growing portfolio of involvement in research studies and has an integral role in supporting the wider specialist palliative care team. It also has a fundamental role in supporting End of Life initiatives across the trust.
The post holder will be get the opportunity to:
- Shadow and work closely with current specialist nurses
- Develop skills in clinical audit and research relevant to palliative care
- Develop skills in strategic and clinical decision making in the development and delivery of local palliative care services and End of Life initiatives
- Develop their communication skills
You will be expected to demonstrate a significant commitment to the field of palliative care, and show evidence of excellent communication skills.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Please submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date.
All communication will be via the email address you have provided. Please ensure you check your email account including your junk email regularly.
If you have a disability and find it difficult to complete our online application form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our easy read application.
The quoted salary will be pro rata for part time workers.
All applicants who have declared a disability and meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted.
NHS employees within the East Midlands who are ‘at risk’ of redundancy will be given a preferential interview where they meet the essential criteria.
We welcome applications from individuals who require Tier 2 sponsorship. NON-EEA candidates may not be appointed, if a suitably qualified and skilled EU/EEA candidate is successful at interview stage as it is unlikely that the Trust is able to satisfy the Home Office Visa requirements.
- If I have previous NHS service, I consent to the transfer of my Electronic Staff Record (ESR) data between this and other NHS Trusts.
- I also consent to the Occupational Health Department confidentially accessing my occupational health records from my current or previous employer in order to check the status of my vaccinations, immunisations s and screening tests as relevant to the post. I understand this is an automated process and the information will only be used for these purposes prior to me taking up the position at NUH.
- Your post maybe subject to a DBS check which incurs a cost dependent on the level of check required (£45 for enhanced and £28 for standard). I agree to reimburse NUH NHS Trust the cost of a DBS check if it is required (by deduction from first month’s pay). Should I decide to withdraw from my job offer, I agree to reimburse NUH NHS Trust the cost of the DBS check undertaken by cheque or other agreed method.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas .
QEGSMAT Hours: 7 hours 30 minutes per week Contract type: 38 weeks per year Location: City of Derby Academy QEGSMAT is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced person to work at the City...
Grade E £20,751 to £22,462 a year pro rata, £10.76 per hour The LEARNERS' Trust M.A.T Hours: Full Time, 37 hours a week Contract type: temporary appointment to cover maternity leave, January 2020...
Directorate: People Services Hours: 27.5 hours a week, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday Contract type: Temporary December 2019 - July 2020 Location: Ridgeway Infant School The Governors wish to...
Location: Reigate Park Primary Academy Hours: Full Time Contract type: Permanent The Board of Trustees wish to appoint an enthusiastic EYFS Class Teacher as soon as possible. We are looking for...
KS1 & KS2 Classroom Teacher Location: Reigate Park Primary Academy Hours: Full Time Contract type: Permanent The Board of Trustees wish to appoint an enthusiastic KS1 and KS2 Class Teacher as...
The Cedars and Larches Nursing Home, 16 Queens Drive Ilkeston, Derbyshire DE75GR. £15 per hour To join us as a Registered Nurse you will need to have a current NMC registration and a good...
QEGSMAT Hours: 7 hours 30 minutes per week Contract type: 38 weeks per year Location: City of...
Grade E £20,751 to £22,462 a year pro rata, £10.76 per hour The LEARNERS' Trust M.A.T Hours:...
Directorate: People Services Hours: 27.5 hours a week, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday -...
Location: Reigate Park Primary Academy Hours: Full Time Contract type: Permanent The Board of...
KS1 & KS2 Classroom Teacher Location: Reigate Park Primary Academy Hours: Full Time Contract...
The Cedars and Larches Nursing Home, 16 Queens Drive Ilkeston, Derbyshire DE75GR. £15 per...