An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic motivated individual to join the team in the busy trauma and orthopaedic Outpatient services at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust.
We embrace innovative thinking and are constantly looking at new ways to improve our services.
The candidate must be in possession of the accredited British Orthopaedic casting techniques qualification and be able to demonstrate evidence of ongoing personal development.
You will be expected to provide a comprehensive service to the Adult fracture/outpatient clinics Paediatric clinics and the wards. Experience of working in paediatrics is essential. Experience of working with diabetic/podiatry patients in terms of the application of total contact casts would be an advantage.
You will be involved in all aspects of care of patients in plaster and will apply and remove a wide range of plaster /synthetic casts and Orthotics without direct supervision.
The applicant must be familiar with aseptic techniques and able to clean, dress simple wounds and remove sutures, staples, Kirchner wires following training
Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team and with a diverse local population .The applicant must be skilled confident .caring, a team player and committed to delivering a high standard of patient care. The post holder will be expected to be flexible and have a “can do” attitude in ensuring the work of the department is carried out to a high standard.
You will be expected to work across sites at our sister hospital The Princess Royal in Hayward’s Heath.
- Posts in the Trust are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Criminal Records Bureau to check for any previous criminal spent and unspent convictions, reprimands, and cautions.
- Appointment to this role will commence at the lowest salary point unless confirmed otherwise by HR Employment Services (Recruitment, Administration & Terms and Conditions)
- We may also use this advert to build our Bank staff. If you are unsuccessful at interview for a substantive role but meet the BSUH standards you may be offered a bank post.
- If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
This vacancy could potentially be linked to the Career Development Pathway.
The criteria and terms are set out below;
- If you do not fulfil the essential qualification/skills listed on the job description and specification, you could be offered a Training Contract for 12-24 months, this is dependent on the vacancy and subject to terms and conditions.
- The pay banding will be set at the band below the advertised post. For internal or current NHS employees you will remain on your current banding, this only applies for those currently on Bands 1-4.
- On successful completion of your training and subject to sign off by your manager / mentor you will automatically transition to the substantive banding which the vacancy was originally advertised at.
*** Please note that if you have already applied for this vacancy you don't need to re-apply***
Employer:Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust Department:OrthopaedicLocation:Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards HeathSalary:£33,222 to £43,041 per annum Please note that applicants...
Highly Specialised Paediatric Physiotherapist, Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 24 daysWestern Sussex Hospitals is a leading acute hospital trust, with rewarding career opportunities for caring, committed and innovative people who wish to be valued for the work they do and empowered...
Due to the expansion of the Critical Care service at the Royal Sussex County Hospital we have the opportunity to increase the number of Health Care Assistants within the department, to help...
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Department of Medicine for the Elderly at Worthing Hospital as a Band 6 Registered Nurse , as a Deputy Ward Manager / Sister on Buckingham ward at...
Business Administration Apprentice - Level 2 - Brighton GP Practice, St Peters Medical Centre, 6 daysIf you are shortlisted to attend interviews, our Recruitment Adviser will contact you via telephone and email. Please ensure you check your emails and spam account regularly as you may miss...
Employer:Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Department:Speech and Language TherapyLocation:The Quadrant, LancingSalary:£28,050 to £36,644 pa pro Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust’s 2015...
Employer:Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust...
Highly Specialised Paediatric Physiotherapist, Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 24 daysWestern Sussex Hospitals is a leading acute hospital trust, with rewarding career opportunities...
Due to the expansion of the Critical Care service at the Royal Sussex County Hospital we have...
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Department of Medicine for the Elderly at...
Business Administration Apprentice - Level 2 - Brighton GP Practice, St Peters Medical Centre, 6 daysIf you are shortlisted to attend interviews, our Recruitment Adviser will contact you via...
Employer:Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Department:Speech and Language...