Peterborough, ENGLAND | 10 days
£32,158 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Amazon Logistics is looking for an Operations Supervisor to support the Shift Manager to drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. You should have the drive to motivate a team of individuals to meet targets and productivity expectations in line with company goals. You should be prepared to take responsibility for tracking the attendance and work flow of that team and work alongside the Shift Manager to highlight and rectify issues as they arise.
The ideal candidate requires leadership experience in the transportation delivery industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will:
- Support daily management of department duties.
- Deputise for the Shift Manager as required.
- Carry out debriefs of all staff and ensure that paperwork is accurately and fully completed.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
- Carry out security checks prior to the end of the shift.
- Assign work to staff as required to support the workflow and daily metrics.
- Support the Shift Manager by ensuring there is sufficient resourcing for your function including call outs for training needs, absence and performance management, coaching and continuous monitoring of department productivity.
- Support in the development of a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives through the compliance with legislation and policy.
- Assist with the training of new associates to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required.
- Assist the Shift Manager with tracking, trending and reporting of departmental metrics.
- Assist the Shift Manager in analysing and understanding the reasons behind success and failure in meeting departmental and Delivery Station goals.
- Tracking and reporting of hours and schedules for staff.
- Review and update SOPs and metrics as required.
- Follow up and solve process-related area issues as required.
- Ensure vehicle and equipment defect reporting is completed to a high standard.
- Manage customer service escalations and interface with driver and customer where necessary.
- Be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- GCSE Maths & English, grade C or above (or qualification equivalent)
- Meets or exceeds departmental production goals
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to train and learn new skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed
- Able to handle long and short term multiple tasks, whilst working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
For: Field Based Service Engineer Hours: 08:00-16:30 Mon-Fri Pay Rate: £21,450 – £25,350 dependant on experience Permanent Location: Peterborough Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05573 Job purpose: To carry...
Title Salary/Rate £25,000 - £27,000/annum + O/T Location Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Posted 25/08/2017 (14:49) Just Added Agency Interaction Recruitment Apply Now Description Role: Service...
Assistant Transport Manager View all jobs Posted Today by Page Personnel Logistics New Peterborough , Cambridgeshire £25,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 0 applications Apply now As the...
Req ID 539BR Title Bourne Prepared Produce Team Leader (Twilight Shift) Country UK Location Bourne - Lincolnshire Contract Type Permanent - Full Time Business Area: Production /...
Back to Search results Location Peterborough Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days 5 days Working Times Between 6:00pm Start Time and 9:15pm Finish Time Shift Pattern Shift Working Hours...
Chef de Partie Primary Location GBR-Cambridgeshire-Peterborough-Peterborough Marriott HotelView on map Posting Date Aug 30, 2017 Job Number 17001ND6 Job Category Food and Beverage &...
For: Field Based Service Engineer Hours: 08:00-16:30 Mon-Fri Pay Rate: £21,450 – £25,350...
Title Salary/Rate £25,000 - £27,000/annum + O/T Location Peterborough,...
Assistant Transport Manager View all jobs Posted Today by Page Personnel...
Req ID 539BR Title Bourne Prepared Produce Team Leader (Twilight Shift) Country UK Location ...
Back to Search results Location Peterborough Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days 5...
Chef de Partie Primary Location GBR-Cambridgeshire-Peterborough-Peterborough Marriott HotelView...