Peterborough, ENGLAND | 2 months
£33,000 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Amazon Logistics is looking for an Operations Supervisor to support the Shift Manager to drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. You should have the drive to motivate a team of individuals to meet targets and productivity expectations in line with company goals. You should be prepared to take responsibility for tracking the attendance and work flow of that team and work alongside the Shift Manager to highlight and rectify issues as they arise.
The ideal candidate requires leadership experience in the transportation delivery industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will:
- Support daily management of department duties.
- Deputise for the Shift Manager as required.
- Carry out debriefs of all staff and ensure that paperwork is accurately and fully completed.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
- Carry out security checks prior to the end of the shift.
- Assign work to staff as required to support the workflow and daily metrics.
- Support the Shift Manager by ensuring there is sufficient resourcing for your function including call outs for training needs, absence and performance management, coaching and continuous monitoring of department productivity.
- Support in the development of a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives through the compliance with legislation and policy.
- Assist with the training of new associates to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required.
- Assist the Shift Manager with tracking, trending and reporting of departmental metrics.
- Assist the Shift Manager in analysing and understanding the reasons behind success and failure in meeting departmental and Delivery Station goals.
- Tracking and reporting of hours and schedules for staff.
- Review and update SOPs and metrics as required.
- Follow up and solve process-related area issues as required.
- Ensure vehicle and equipment defect reporting is completed to a high standard.
- Manage customer service escalations and interface with driver and customer where necessary.
- Be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- GCSE Maths & English, grade C or above (or qualification equivalent)
- Meets or exceeds departmental production goals
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to train and learn new skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed
- Able to handle long and short term multiple tasks, whilst working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Title Hygiene Operative Company McCain Foods (G.B.) Ltd True to your roots. McCain Foods began with one small frozen French Fry plant in Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada in 1957. From these...
Req ID 1748BR Title Team Leader - Spalding Salads Country UK Location Spalding - Lincolnshire Contract Type Permanent - Full Time Business Area: Production / Manufacturing – Team Leader Job...
Job Description Where you’ll work The Service Engineer / Technician role is a mobile role covering the Southern Region, covering sites within the Hampshire, Basingstoke, Reading, Portsmouth,...
Req ID 1594BR Title Section Leader Blue Nights Spalding Country UK Location Spalding - Lincolnshire Contract Type Permanent - Full Time Business Area: Experienced Professionals Job...
Peterborough , Cambridgeshire £25,000 - £28,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 0 applications Apply now Role: Field Service Engineer Location: Peterborough Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 basic +...
Req ID 1664BR Title Section Leader Dayshift Blue Country UK Location Spalding - Lincolnshire Contract Type Permanent - Full Time Business Area: Experienced Professionals Job...
Title Hygiene Operative Company McCain Foods (G.B.) Ltd True to your roots. McCain Foods began...
Req ID 1748BR Title Team Leader - Spalding Salads Country UK Location Spalding -...
Job Description Where you’ll work The Service Engineer / Technician role is a mobile role...
Req ID 1594BR Title Section Leader Blue Nights Spalding Country UK Location Spalding -...
Peterborough , Cambridgeshire £25,000 - £28,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 0...
Req ID 1664BR Title Section Leader Dayshift Blue Country UK Location Spalding -...