• Frontline member of staff dealing with a diverse range of enquiries from the 15,000+ UofG Sport membership comprising students; staff; associated staff and alumni; community members.
• Contributes to the frontline operations of a vibrant University Service with a daily throughput of 2,000-3,000 visits throughout the year including public holidays.
• Contributes to providing customer information on a wide and varied programme of events and services (one of largest programmes offered in the UK) including over 80 exercise classes per week, consultations, inductions, 50 sport clubs, sport leagues, recreational bookings and events.
• Contributes to the setting up (layout and equipment) of over 20 types of indoor activities and sports.
• Provides entry-level exercise advice and information to customers.
• Involved in a variety of financial transactions (e.g. membership sales, counting/ banking money, credit/debit transactions, direct debits).
• Cash handling and banking of up to £18,000 during peak membership periods.
Planning & Organising
• Follow a general daily routine, amending the work schedule to take into account staff number variances or emergency situations.
• Familiar with own work priorities and those of colleagues
• To act on any emergency, making quick, potentially lifesaving, decisions.
• To identify the most suitable membership category for new members and set up appropriate induction process.
• Pro-actively deal with member comments and difficult situations (e.g. complaints), referring to the Duty Manager where appropriate.
• In conjunction with other Operations Assistants allocate daily duties and rota (e.g. time on pool, facility set ups, building checks).
• Where necessary, report any financial issues to Membership Sales & Retention Lead.
• Within parameters of knowledge and qualifications, make decisions regarding adaptations and technique correction where appropriate, referring to colleagues in the Service Development Team as required.
• Regular proactive communication with customers and prospective members of UofG Sport as part of delivering an outstanding customer experience.
• Duty Manager on shift as line manager and first point of contact to ensure two-way workload management.
• UofG Sport staff – to deal with customer enquires via other areas (e.g. Service Development Teachers, Membership Sales & Retention Lead, Membership Assistants).
• Ability to identify opportunities and recommend exercise to customers of different levels of ability
• Respond to customer enquires (e.g. customer has a problem with a locker, complaint, uncertain about the facilities or services) as set out in the ‘Managing Customer Enquiries & Feedback’ procedure. Responsible for resolving problems or referring to Duty Manager when unsure or the situation is non-routine.
• In collaboration with Duty Managers, input ideas to resolve ongoing problems that arise in the operations of the Stevenson Building, raising/discussing issues at regular staff meetings.
• Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work, consistently reliable in delivery.
• Accepting of new ideas and change initiatives.
• Improve of all areas of responsibility within the role as well as seeking opportunities for organisational improvement.
• Demonstrates professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally
• Contributes appropriately to team meetings, events and supports the implementation of all team initiatives.
• Requirement for ongoing training to maintain required qualifications;
o Undertake 2 hours of pool lifeguard training (NPLQ) per month to retain validity of qualification.
o Attend necessary REPs Accredited courses to retain Gym Instructor qualification.
• Attend other training, meetings and events to contribute to the development of UofG Sport.
• This post will be based in the Stevenson Building at the Gilmorehill Campus but there is a requirement to work at Garscube Sports Complex.
• In your role, you may be required to work on some public holidays and also the “Other” University closure days. When this is the case, the time will be added to your annual leave balance.
£15,000 - £17,160 per annum Nerston Industrial Estate , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Everlast Fitness is the leisure division of...
£7,600 per annum Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Duty Manager (16 hours per week) Job Purpose: TO EMPOWER OUR MEMBERS TO...
£18,625 - £19,550 per annum Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Our client runs a multi award winning leisure resort based on the Picturesque...
£5,000 - £30,000 per annum Nerston Industrial Estate , Lanarkshire Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Fitness Coach Job Purpose: ‘TO EMPOWER OUR...
Advert Interviews will be held week commencing 2nd March 2020 We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who will be responsible for the day today operation of Johnstone Library which is one of our...
Roaming Store Manager - GBR - Glasgow - Glasgow International Airport, Avis Budget Group, about 1 monthGo Places as a Roaming Store Manager with Avis Budget Group. Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of car hire solutions, operating some of the most recognised global brands through Avis and...
£15,000 - £17,160 per annum Nerston Industrial Estate , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one...
£7,600 per annum Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten...
£18,625 - £19,550 per annum Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£5,000 - £30,000 per annum Nerston Industrial Estate , Lanarkshire Permanent, part-time Be one...
Advert Interviews will be held week commencing 2nd March 2020 We are seeking enthusiastic...
Roaming Store Manager - GBR - Glasgow - Glasgow International Airport, Avis Budget Group, about 1 monthGo Places as a Roaming Store Manager with Avis Budget Group. Avis Budget Group is a leading...