Full Time | East Kilbride, SCOTLAND | 3 months | Deadline: 14 Jun 2018
This position has expired. Do not apply!
£32,538 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
|Location:||East Kilbride||Grade:||Band 6|
|Category:||Nursing & Midwifery||Salary:||£26,830– £35,933 pro rata|
|Region:||Lanarkshire||Hours:||Full & Part Time Hours Available|
|Job type:||FullTime||Date posted:||17 May 2018|
|Ref:||18/05/NP6/L||Closing date:||14 Jun 2018|
|WHO ARE WE?
NHS 24 is Scotland's provider of a national telehealth and telecare service, responsible for the delivery of clinical assessment and triage, health advice and information by telephone and online services to the population of Scotland 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Specifically, the role of NHS 24 is to:
• triage calls, assess patients' symptoms and refer patients to the most appropriate healthcare professional within an appropriate timescale based on clinical need;
• work in partnership with local health services provided by NHS Boards, NHS staff organisations and local communities through integration with other parts of the NHS - in particular, the Primary Care Out-of-Hours Services provided by NHS Boards throughout Scotland, the Scottish Ambulance Service and the Acute Hospitals' Accident and Emergency Departments;
• support the health improvement agenda across Scotland by working in partnership with local Boards to provide added value services where and, when required, utilising the IT telephony and infrastructure to benefit patients 24 hours a day.
• Provide an invaluable service every day, primarily during the Out of Hours Period, delivered by our clinicians within the guiding principles of excellence in care.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are looking to recruit experienced Nurse Practitioners to join our healthcare teams across Scotland. As part of a national service as an NHS 24 Nurse Practitioner you will:
• be the first clinical point of contact for the people of Scotland to access health care in the Out Of Hours periods;
• be able to work autonomously with access to decision support software and real-time clinical support;
• conduct patient assessment remotely via telephone;
• use your clinical knowledge and expertise in conjunction with listening, questioning and probing skills to triage patients in your care to safe clinically appropriate outcomes;
• work alongside other healthcare professionals such as Pharmacists, Physiotherapists and Doctors to deliver a seamless journey for patients across Scotland;
• looking for an opportunity to develop your practice at the interface of Unscheduled & Emergency;
• be registered as Adult nurses on Part 1 of the NMC;
• support the organisation to deliver unscheduled care in a multi-channel environment.
It is essential that a Band 6 NHS Nurse Practitioner can demonstrate:
• good listening skills;
• evidence of the ability to make safe & appropriate clinical decisions;
• recent exposure to the management and assessment of clinical conditions, or, evidence of breadth of clinical knowledge;
• good written and verbal communication skills;
• evidence of coping strategies
• good IT skills – bespoke and/or standard packages.
OUR CENTRES & AVAILABLE HOURS
For further information on the location of our main, local and remote centres and the rotas currently available, please see the B6 NP Advert Centre Available Hours 18/05 document.
NHS 24 provides a comprehensive training programme to all successful applicants. The Induction Training programme lasts 4 weeks, 37.5 hours per week, followed by a further 4 weeks supported learning. During the first six months of employment, you are supported to complete one Clinical Professional Development session per month.
NHS 24 offers a complete benefits package, with a permanent contract on Band 6 £26,830– £35,933 pro rata plus enhancements for out of hours and weekend working and enrolment into SPPA pension scheme. Placement on salary scale is dependent on confirmation of previous relevant NHS service.
We also offer you many supportive policies to enhance your employee journey and have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme Provider, childcare vouchers, bursary scheme and a range of learning and development opportunities (i.e. Access to Minor Injuries course).
Working Time Directive:
Where you choose to combine working with NHS 24 and another employer, please note that NHS 24 complies with the Working Time Directive regulations of staff working no more than 48 hours per week on average across all employments.
For any queries in relation to this vacancy, please contact a member of the HR Business Support Team:
Telephone: 0141 337 4562, or,
Text: NHS 24 18/05 followed by your e-mail address to 81400.
|How to apply:|
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 14th June at 5pm; however, candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
|Please download the application pack to apply for this vacancy. Additional useful information regarding NHS 24 recruitment can be found within the application details section below.|
Glasgow , Lanarkshire £27,635 - £37,010 per annum Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Job Title: Senior Dental Nurse Location: Cardonald Salary...
Kilmarnock , Ayrshire £23,113 - £29,905 per annum Permanent, full-time or part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website In support of our core purpose of Working...
Clydebank , Dunbartonshire £27,635 per annum Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Job Title: Living Life Mental Health Practitioner Location:...
Glasgow , Lanarkshire £23,113 - £29,905 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website National Services Division (NSD) plans, funds and co-ordinates...
Location Priory Hospital Glasgow, 38-40 Mansionhouse Road, Glasgow, G41 3DW Priory Group Division Healthcare Vacancy Type Permanent - Full Time Salary £27,300.00 per annum Hours 37.5 hrs per week...
Glasgow , Lanarkshire £32,974 - £43,471 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website As a vital part of NHSScotland, NHS National Services...
Glasgow , Lanarkshire £27,635 - £37,010 per annum Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten...
Kilmarnock , Ayrshire £23,113 - £29,905 per annum Permanent, full-time or part-time Be one of...
Clydebank , Dunbartonshire £27,635 per annum Permanent, part-time Be one of the first ten...
Glasgow , Lanarkshire £23,113 - £29,905 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Location Priory Hospital Glasgow, 38-40 Mansionhouse Road, Glasgow, G41 3DW Priory Group...
Glasgow , Lanarkshire £32,974 - £43,471 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...