« Back to results
Moodle Learing Systems Specialist / Administrator
The primary focus of this role comprises of working in a team to support our learning systems and associated online learning infrastructure. This purpose will require the role to provide consistent end-user support and maintenance of the learning systems. In addition to this is the need to ensure that all users have the necessary access to their learning systems and to provide the maximum possible up-time for all learning systems.
Learning Systems User Support
* Providing end-user support for all learning systems, you will act as a point of contact and response for end-user issues.
* The tasks contained within this responsibility revolve around the use of a Helpdesk system to prioritise and respond to issues, performing troubleshooting, providing support, and escalating issues when required.
* The described functions of the responsibility should be undertaken constantly and with a high priority.
Learning Systems Administration, Maintenance and Monitoring
* This ensures end-users have consistent access and functionality across all learning systems, constant administration, maintenance, and monitoring is required. The maintenance and monitoring of the learning systems and infrastructure upon which they reside forms a core part of this responsibility. High availability and uptime standards need to be recognised as the learning systems form an integral part of Study Group and its core business.
* The administration component requires careful management of permissions, configuration changes, and implementation of new features while adhering to change control policies. The maintenance and monitoring is undertaken using a variety of automatic and manual procedures via both hardware and software.
* The tasks maintained in this responsibility represent levels of priority varying from medium to high, although all should be undertaken consistently.
Learning Systems Development and Planning
* To work with managers undertaking the review of learning systems to better ascertain and satisfy the requirements of staff and clients. Upon completing such review processes the role is involved in investigating possible development avenues and testing emerging technologies that would satisfy needs within the learning systems.
* Following the planning and testing phases the subtasks of this responsibility fall to the development and implementation of planned changes or technologies. This includes solo development work, working with external contractors completing development work, and implementing developmental changes to the appropriate environments according to change control policy.
* While these processes are time intensive and ongoing they should be pursued at a level of priority categorised on need and user impact. In general these tasks could range anywhere from low to high priority.
Knowledge/Skills: * Moodle LMS administration
* Linux knowledge, focused on Ubuntu Server
* Linux based web server platforms (Apache, NGINX, PHP, MySQL
* Experience with VMware environments
* Proficiency and knowledge in networking
Sound like you?
Then we look forward to receiving your CV !
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust’s 2015 staff survey results are better than average in almost all areas and help rank the trust as one of the top 100 best places to work in the NHS (Health...
Our specialist and high established client are seeking to recruit an Applications Engineer. Full time (37.5-hrs per week, Monday-Friday) Permanent. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the...
When you join ICP Search, you will contribute immediately to ICP's finance team, providing support internally and to external clients. The Role Provide assistance and support to the smooth running...
£18,900 - £22,200 per annum Uckfield , East Sussex Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Supervisor/Assistant Manager As a Supervisor/Assistant...
Our client is a well known and highly reputable employer based in central Haywards Heath, who are looking for an experienced IT person to assist them on their busy service desk along with some end...
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum Lewes , East Sussex Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Job Title: Embedded Electronics Software Engineer Our client is a market leader in...
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust’s 2015 staff survey results are better than average in...
Our specialist and high established client are seeking to recruit an Applications Engineer. Full...
When you join ICP Search, you will contribute immediately to ICP's finance team, providing...
£18,900 - £22,200 per annum Uckfield , East Sussex Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Our client is a well known and highly reputable employer based in central Haywards Heath, who...
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum Lewes , East Sussex Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...