£16.00 - £20.00 per hour
Dorchester , Dorset
Expected to be for 6 months
Be one of the first ten applicants
Mechanical and Ventilation Estates Officer
Temporary role: This is a temporary role expected to be for 6 months and likely to be extended to 9 months
Travelling: This role will across the client’s 4 sites in Dorset and Dorchester
Band: 6 or lower Band 7
Band 6 Pay:
£17.93 to £21.72 paye including holiday or £20.40 to £24.72 umbrella per hour depending on skill and experience
Band 7 Pay:
£22.29 to £23.43 paye including holiday or £25.37 to £26.66 umbrella per hour depending on skill and experience
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- The post holder will be able to exchange complex technical related information with specialists and explain technical information to non-specialists for maintenance and projects work.
- To manage the effective maintenance of all mechanical services, building components and equipment within the Trust’s Establishments. The post holder will follow national standards, guidelines, departmental and Trusts operating policies and procedures when undertaking this role.
- To work in conjunction with the Estates Manager, Estates Officer (Compliance) and Estates Officer (Electrical) to ensure the effective cost controlled provision of day to day maintenance services and to liaise with the directly employed labour mechanical & electrical teams and contractors in an efficient manner to achieve Trust objectives and best value at all times.
- The post holder will be appointed as appropriate to Named/Designated/Competent/Authorised Person roles in keeping with requirements laid down in Hospital Technical Memorandums (HTM) and Health and Safety documentation.
- The post holder will also maintain, operate and review planned maintenance programmes & review and revise procedures/working practices.
- Work undertaken will cover the Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust site in its entirety, plus off site locations. The post holder will participate in the Managers out of hour’s On-Call services rota.
- Plans and organises their own and team work to provide an efficient service to all wards and departments
- Negotiating and persuasive skills will be required to gain co-operation and access within wards and departments.
- Forms of communication used will be verbal and written work returns, record of work done.
- Analyses of the jobs they allocate comparing a range of options and evaluates the best solution to the problem presented.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate operationally all mechanical engineering installations, services, systems and work activities ensuring compliance with relevant current legislation, NHS guidance, health and safety, standards, codes of practice, regulations and in particular Lifting Equipment; Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (SI 1998 No 2307) (LOLER), Pressure systems; Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR).
- To work closely with the direct employed labour in all areas at work to ensure effective management and co-ordination of the building, mechanical & electrical engineering functions.
- To manage and control the Engineering and Building Estates team and also external contractors employed by the Organisation [Technicians, Craftsmen, Maintenance Assistants and Contract Labour]. Specialist knowledge across a wide range of disciplines will be required.
- To be responsible for satisfactory time keeping, conduct of staff and to maintain discipline. Support the Estates Manager in ensuring staff appraisals and ensure staff records are kept relating to holiday, sickness, overtime and TOIL. Checking of staff time sheets. General reporting and management of sickness absence of the Estates team.
- To manage monitor and co-ordinate mechanical, electrical and other specialist maintenance and small works contractors.
- Advise the Estates Manager on all aspects of mechanical services and systems ensuring compliance that those activities are carried out in the most cost effective and efficient way either through direct employed labour or external contract.
- To be responsible under the direction of the Estates Manager for developing and implementing an operational strategy for mechanical services at the Dorset County Hospital site and other properties managed by the organisation.
- Monitor and review the mechanical and electrical engineering services planned preventative maintenance system (PPM) to ensure that statutory and mandatory compliance is achieved and that services are delivered in the most cost effective way.
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum qualification of BTEC Level 4, HNC Engineering or Estates (Mechanical or Building Services Engineering)
- Degree level qualification with extensive engineering knowledge acquired through equivalent experience
- Corporate/full member status with a relevant engineering body/institution.
- Authorised person for either/or MGPS system, ventilation or pressure systems
- Proven knowledge of H&S legislation and statutory obligations relating to healthcare premises and Estates operations and compliance
- Knowledge of NHS Estate code, Health Technical Memorandums in relation to engineering services and Codes of practice relating to H&S and Engineering Services
- Significant and relevant estates management and day to day operational estates staff
- Project/Contract management experience
- Building Services
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Services
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
Have your previously experience working as Mechanical and Ventilation Estates Officer?
Do you have experience working as Mechanical and Ventilation Estates Officer within the NHS?
Do you hold qualification of BTEC Level 4, HNC Engineering or Estates?
Do you have the Corporate/full member status with a relevant engineering body/institution?
Do you experience match the specifications stated and are you available immediately?
Please answer all of the application questions.
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Apply now Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
About this company
Mechanical and Ventilation Estates Officer £16.00 - £20.00 per hour Dorchester, Dorset Mechanical and Ventilation Estates Officer £16.00 - £20.00 per hour Dorchester, Dorset Mechanical Estates Officer £18.00 - £22.94 per hour Dorset, Dorset
Car Mechanic Training Online, self-paced £10.00 HNC Petroleum Engineering Distance learning, self-paced £7,995 Vehicle Mechanic Bundle (Car Maintenance, Motorbike Maintenance, Bicycle Maintenance) Online, self-paced £25.00 View Car maintenance courses
Project Support Officer - Low Carbon (Dorchester) (Internal Applicants Only), Dorset Council, about 1 monthInternal Applicants Only Project Support Officer - Low Carbon 37 hours per week - Fixed term until 31 December 2022 £20,493 - £23,080 County Hall, Dorchester We are looking for an enthusiastic,...
Sustainable Energy Technical Officer 37 hours per week - Fixed term until 31 December 2022 £32,234 - £37,890 County Hall, Dorchester An exciting opportunity to help shape the future of Dorset’s...
Biodiversity Technical Officer Permanent - 37 hours per week £20,493 - £23,080 County Hall, Dorchester The Natural Environment Team is a team of 6 specialist advice officers, responsible for...
Dorset Council Employer Team Officer - Level 1 (Dorchester) Full Time /Permanent £18,933 - £19,698 Summary An opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to join our busy team of 37,...
Procurement Officer Dorchester (Internal Applicants only) Full Time / Permanent £25,481 - £29,577 Summary This is an opportunity to join Commercial and Procurement and be part of the team that...
Senior Service Support Officer 16 Hours per week Part time - Permanent £8,861 to £9,980 Dorchester Area Summary Senior Service Support Officer People Directorate for Adults and Housing Grade 7 –...
Project Support Officer - Low Carbon (Dorchester) (Internal Applicants Only), Dorset Council, about 1 monthInternal Applicants Only Project Support Officer - Low Carbon 37 hours per week - Fixed term...
Sustainable Energy Technical Officer 37 hours per week - Fixed term until 31 December...
Biodiversity Technical Officer Permanent - 37 hours per week £20,493 - £23,080 County Hall,...
Dorset Council Employer Team Officer - Level 1 (Dorchester) Full Time /Permanent £18,933 -...
Procurement Officer Dorchester (Internal Applicants only) Full Time / Permanent £25,481 -...
Senior Service Support Officer 16 Hours per week Part time - Permanent £8,861 to...