We are a multi-disciplinary Surveying and Construction consultancy and we are looking for an experienced M&E Clerk of Works to oversee works on the Clyde Framework.
As Clerk of Works you will work closely with the surveyors managing the projects, to ensure all schemes are delivered safely and to the highest standard of workmanship.
This PSP framework team supports major infrastructure projects and is primarily located at HMNB Clyde with Company support from Glasgow and other offices.
Management & Surveying
- Controls the technical and commercial administration of each subcontract with support as required from the Project Manager and Project Services Groups
- Liaises, via Project Manager/ Engineering Manager with the engineering group to ensure that information is received on site to comply with the programme.
- Complies with all applicable statutory, legal and specific Client requirements and is involved in the preparation of construction safety plans. Ensures that all site construction methods and procedures are safe and adequate in all respect
- Inputs to plans both for construction and commissioning phases and is responsible for ensuring that all activities proceed in accordance with agreed plans.
- Prepares and submits Progress Reports.
- Liaise as necessary on matters of quality, progress and safety with the Client’s Representative(s).
- Monitors Subcontractors’ compliance with their own project quality plan and programmes.
- Ensures that the work is accepted by the Client’s Representative(s) and manager or assists, as necessary, with the commissioning of and handover of the plant.
- To ensure that the Company’s contractual responsibilities for Plant construction in the field are properly and efficiently discharged.
- To ensure that the company’s construction methods, procedures and practices are in all respects, particularly those relating to quality assurance, safety, personnel and industrial relations, properly complied with.
- To ensure that Company policies are properly adhered to in his area of responsibility and that changes or additions to such policies are communicated to his staff and correctly implemented.
- To keep abreast of developments in the construction industry and thus assist in ensuring that the Company’s capability continues to develop.
- Ensure project is constructed to drawing, specification applicable standards, and good construction practices.
- Ensure Company’s and Client’s Industrial Relations policies are followed and that all labour is employed in accordance with the appropriate agreements.
- Co-ordinate and negotiate with Clients construction representative in accord with contract requirements.
- Maintain corporate disciplines
- Carry out any other duties or instructions issued by the Project Manager
- Ensuring that installation, mechanical, electrical and construction standards are adhered to by contractors
- Monitoring the standards of work, promoting best practice, health and safety on site, and risk mitigation
- Liaising between the contractor, the project delivery team, and the client stakeholders and departments to ensure smooth running of the project on site
- Providing technical advice to resolve immediate problems on site whilst maintaining overall project standards
- Ensuring site inspectors liaise closely with clients and in-house Employer’s Agents where applicable
- Ensuring that works on-site are compliant with legislative standards, or funding requirements
- Developing the company's unique quality control and inspection systems
- Continually monitoring quality and progress on the site through regular site visits and by providing regular site inspection reports.
- Advising on workmanship disputes and undertaking snagging and re-inspections prior to completion, ensuring a quality product is produced
- Carrying out and overseeing tests to verify that the works meet specified requirements
- Security cleared to SC level.
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer.
- MSc or BSc.in Relevant Engineering Discipline.
- Member of Institute of Clerks of Work and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful company that offers a competitive salary, pension and benefits package, along with many other fringe benefits.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We’re committed to supporting your personal aspirations - and with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Job Title: Health & Safety Trainer Location: Based in Glasgow (but with national travel involved - visiting other offices / client locations) Salary: Competitive Salary + car or £5,500 car...
Job Title: Finance Manager Location: Glasgow Salary: Competitive Salary + pension, private healthcare and 33 days holiday (includes bank holidays) Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday – 9...
Location: Edinburgh/Glasgow Grade: Band 5 Category: Administrative Services Salary: Band 5 (£25,100 - £31,649) Contract: Permanent Duration: Permanent Region: National Hours: 37.5 Job...
Location: West Glasgow Ambulatory Care Hospital G3 8SJ Grade: Band 6 Category: Administrative Services Salary: Band 6 (£31,800 -...
Location: Glasgow Royal Infirmary G4 0SF Grade: Band 8A Category: Health Science Services Salary: Band 8A (£49,480 -...
Up to £10.69 per hour Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland Temporary Kinetic PLC are recruiting an Engineering Stores person to work on a temporary basis on a large Recycling & Renewable Energy Centre...
Job Title: Health & Safety Trainer Location: Based in Glasgow (but with national travel involved...
Job Title: Finance Manager Location: Glasgow Salary: Competitive Salary + pension, private...
Location: Edinburgh/Glasgow Grade: Band 5 Category: Administrative Services Salary: Band 5...
Location: West Glasgow Ambulatory Care Hospital G3 8SJ Grade: Band 6 Category: Administrative...
Location: Glasgow Royal Infirmary G4 0SF Grade: Band 8A Category: Health Science...
Up to £10.69 per hour Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland Temporary Kinetic PLC are recruiting an...