Job Reference: POMILL06
The Best Connection
£11-16.50 per hour
Higher pay rate is achieved by:
Contract Type: Temporary, Full or Part time
***ONGOING WORK WANTED... LOOK NO FURTHER***
Portsmouth Branch of The Best Connection is recruiting on behalf of our client based in the Farlington area for HGV Class 2 Drivers.
We are looking for drivers who are wanting either ad hoc days or ongoing work. Multiple roles available.
As a HGV Class 2 Driver you wil be required to:
- Standard vehicle checks am/pm
- Ensuring all deliveries are made on time (if time slot is set) and all paperwork is signed.
- You will be required to do unloading at each delivery with a pallet truck, so manual work is a must.
The HGV Class 2 Driver will be required to have:
- Full UK Class 2 C Licence
- Full up to date DQC Card
- Digital Taco Card
- Additional bonus if driver has ADR licence, potential for ADR work at higher rates
- Good knowledge and understanding of tacho laws and geographical area.
- New Pass drivers will be accepted for this role- training will be given.
The rates of pay for the HGV Class 2 Driver are:
- The rates of pay for a PAYE Contract will be £11.00ph, overtime paid after 10 hours at time and half.
- You will be paid a standard of 8 hours per shift worked.
- Approved umbrella companies are welcome while working through The Best Connection
The hours of work for the HGV Class 2 Driver:
- The usual start time areas around 0800.
- Finish times can vary depending on traffic, routing etc.
If you feel you would be suitable for this role please apply online or speak to Lauren or James in Portsmouth or send your CV to the Branch.
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Licence - Category C
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Training Provided
Call Lauren or James on 02392 864411
View other driving jobs online from the Portsmouth branch. Call them today on +442392864411.
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change
Sous Chef We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Sous Chef with a real passion for food who wants to develop their career with the world’s leading food service and...
Bid Manager Base location Portsmouth (Remote working considered with occasional travel to Portsmouth) E&TS SF34630 About the role Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Bid...
ST HELENS PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY - CLERK TO THE PARISH COUNCIL Our Clerk is leaving at the end of June 2021, and so the Parish Council is seeking to fill this vital role. The job is for part-time...
Various Roles OPEN NOW at The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary The Wildheart Trust is a young, vibrant charity providing a sanctuary for rescued animals while delivering conservation projects in the UK...
Chef Industry: Charity/ Marine Location: Cowes Hours: 40 hours per week (straight shifts, latest finish 8pm) Days: 5 days from 7 on a rota basis Duration: Permanent Duties: Working within a team,...
Electrical Tester – Gateshead £32-£35,000 with benefits After acquiring a number of new contracts in the region, an industry leading and award winning electrical firm are looking to welcome an...
Sous Chef We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Sous Chef with...
Bid Manager Base location Portsmouth (Remote working considered with occasional travel to...
ST HELENS PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY - CLERK TO THE PARISH COUNCIL Our Clerk is leaving at the end...
Various Roles OPEN NOW at The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary The Wildheart Trust is a young, vibrant...
Chef Industry: Charity/ Marine Location: Cowes Hours: 40 hours per week (straight shifts, latest...
Electrical Tester – Gateshead £32-£35,000 with benefits After acquiring a number of new...