IT Support Engineer - 2nd & 3rd Line Support
- Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
- £35,000 to £40,000
- Permanent / Full-Time
- Advertised 5 days ago
- Closing in 36 days
The largest quality furniture retailer in the South East of England is looking to recruit an energetic, well-organised and enthusiastic IT Support and Application Engineer. No need to battle into London as they have been based in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire for 120 years.
Reporting to Head of IT as an IT Support Engineer you will be:
Supporting from 1st through to some 3rd line issues on our day-to-day IT service desk, includes application support for bespoke EPOS system.
To be suitable for this position it is essential that you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT preferably in retail sector, an IT degree or equivalent IT certification, MCSA or MCSE would be an advantage.
You will provide bespoke application and day-to-day IT support for approximately 130 desktop users, logging, and processing IT issues through to a fix resolution and if required escalating any complex queries to third party support vendors.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Day-to-day IT services via IT service desk from 1st line to some 3rd line and escalating some issues to third party vendors
- Supporting and Developing our Swan Retail ERP/EPOS system, SQL, SSRS and PowerBi (Some experience would be advantage with SQL and SSRS, training will be provided)
- Configuration and deployment of new or replacement desktop hardware using MDT/WSUS/WDS
- Setting up new Active Directory user and Office 365 email users
- Supporting AD/Office 365 administrative tasks security groups and email groups
- Upgrading desktop software and applications where necessary
- Duties relating to the creation and maintenance of internal support documentation
- Assisting Head of IT with local and global projects across multiple sites
- Supporting Swan Cygnus Bespoke till systems (Windows embedded) 1st/2nd line and escalating to 3rd line third-party when required
- Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop Support
- Microsoft Office 365 Support and Administration
- Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Server Administration (ADUC, DHCP, DNS and Security Groups)
- Microsoft Windows Deployment and Updates (WDS, MDT and WSUS)
- Microsoft Excel experience
- EasySoftware Document Management System (Training provided)
- VMware Virtualisation Administration / Veeam backup (Supporting Head of IT)
- Microsoft Exchange Hybrid Administration (Mailbox Administration)
- Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
- Understanding networking concepts (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Cisco and SonicWALL Firewalls)
- Printing system administration (MFD and Seagull Bartender Label/Barcode System)
An understanding of Microsoft SQL would be an advantage as the successful candidate would become our resident specialist with SQL and reporting along with our bespoke EPOS/POS systems which are built on SQL databases. Training will be available for the successful candidate subject to skills evaluation with SQL.
On offer is an attractive remuneration package and a good work life balance.
All our jobs are guaranteed to be genuine and all applications will be considered.Save job
This feature is useful for specific questions about the job. We screen all questions and automatically reject those that: ask for the employer's contact details; ask the progress of a job application; or attempt to solicit business.Ask question
View on large map
Share this job
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum West London , London Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Absolute IT Recruitment are supporting a software specialist in West London who...
£350.00 - £400.00 per day London , South East England Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Job Title: Mitel Project Engineer Job location: Central London Employment...
Main Purpose The IT Infrastructure role is to implement complex IT systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the SWR's IT assets. This includes developing, configuring,...
Salary negotiable London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now IT Infrastructure and Security Manager (intermediate/fluent French ...
Investment Reporting Manager Investment Management - London A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Investment Reporting Manager to join a leading Investment Management Client in...
Salary negotiable City of London , London Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now To see more Mandarin jobs please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf AND pfteamchina Your...
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum West London , London Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£350.00 - £400.00 per day London , South East England Contract, full-time Be one of the first...
Main Purpose The IT Infrastructure role is to implement complex IT systems and network...
Salary negotiable London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Investment Reporting Manager Investment Management - London A fantastic opportunity has...
Salary negotiable City of London , London Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...