East London , London
Be one of the first ten applicants
GIS IT Modernisation Delivery Lead
Who we are
QBE is a general insurance and reinsurance company whose purpose is to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions. QBE employs more than 12,000 people in 31 countries around the world and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Across our operations we offer commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to our customers. We are a socially responsible company and give customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
To lead the delivery of all the IT Infrastructure workstreams of QBE’s IT Modernisation Programme. QBE is embarking on a major programme of work to modernise its IT estate and this brand-new, hands-on role offers the opportunity to deliver real transformational change projects on a truly global basis.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development, preparation and implementation of delivery plans to ensure these are in line with wider business strategy and reflect key transformation priorities.
- Organising people and work, motivating & communicating and measuring & developing people
- Developing plans, budgets and resource schedules for the workstream portfolio and ensure these are clearly articulated and documented.
- Developing business cases
- Ensure that projects are run in accordance with governance requirements, agile methodologies and agile processes.
- Supporting the empowerment of the agile delivery teams
- Providing reports to the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) on portfolio status ensuring adhering to enterprise Governance Frameworks
- Reviewing, monitoring and identify key delivery risks, issues and dependencies and implement remedial or preventative action where necessary.
- Managing relationships with project stakeholders (both internal and external) to make deliveries on time and on budget
- Developing communication plans and managing communication channels, maintaining regular and timely contact with key stakeholders to inform on progress and manage/address issues relating to the portfolio of deliveries.
- Developing an awareness of changes or other influences within the business that could impact upon delivery of the portfolio.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Rock solid understanding and application of Programme and Project Management competencies including scope definition and management, planning, delivery leadership, costs management, quality management, risk and issue management and communication
- Extensive experience in Information Technology, specifically in respect to infrastructure Project Management, coupled with tertiary level qualifications in Computer Science, Business or an associated discipline.
- Strength in understanding and applying change management competencies, including the key aspect of driving cultural change
- Experience in leading scale deliveries using distributed agile methods and processes
- Global experience working with both inhouse/onsite and outsourced/remote/offshore technology and delivery teams and working with third-party service providers to delivery transformational change.
- Agile certification highly desirable
- Technical understanding and an ability to translate technical information
This is a global role which will sometimes require working outside of traditional office hours. At QBE, we are changing the way we work and enhancing how our staff can deliver at work and prioritise what matters to them personally. We can do this because we have the right technology, workplace design and ways of working to empower our people to vary how they work with flexible schedules and flexible start or finish times.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies. We’re 'Happy to talk Flexible Working’.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Apply now Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
About this company
IT Service Delivery Transformation Lead £70,000 - £80,000 per annum London, London Salesforce Delivery Lead £110,000 - £120,000 per annum London, London Programme Delivery Lead £85,000 - £100,000 per annum London, London Technical Delivery Manager £60,000 - £70,000 per annum London, London Consulting Director Financial Services £115,000 - £140,000 per annum City of London, London
Programme and Portfolio Management Expert Bundle Online, self-paced Enquire to get more info on pricing Project Management Foundation Complete Bundle Online, self-paced Enquire to get more info on pricing Project, Programme and Portfolio Offices (P3O) Foundation & Practitioner Online, self-paced Enquire to get more info on pricing View Project management courses
London £70K - £75K Scrum Master / PM, London, Legal, £70K - £75K A leading private sector organisation based in London are looking for a Scrum Master on an initial 12-month fixed term contract....
Principal Management Consultant – Government, MOD, Defence Our client is a highly successful small expanding management consultancy. They have an enviable reputation and senior level client...
Job description IT Project Manager - Local Authority London | 3 Months | £400-425pd Summary of the work Manage assigned projects, leading project team, allocating and monitoring tasks, motivating...
The focus of this role is to assist the EMEA Business Continuity Manager in delivering the Bank's Operational Resilience programme in London Supporting the Business Resilience Lead to delivery...
BMI Healthcare are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider...
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with over 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 13,000 staff based across five...
London £70K - £75K Scrum Master / PM, London, Legal, £70K - £75K A leading private sector...
Principal Management Consultant – Government, MOD, Defence Our client is a highly successful...
Job description IT Project Manager - Local Authority London | 3 Months | £400-425pd Summary of...
The focus of this role is to assist the EMEA Business Continuity Manager in delivering the...
BMI Healthcare are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide...
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching...