£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Birmingham , West Midlands
Be one of the first ten applicants
Managing the Change & Release process for Arch, ensuring all Infrastructure and Application releases and changes going into Production are fit for purpose. The role will define relevant Governance processes, and provide leadership in the introduction of DevOps processes to the Product teams, as well as taking responsibility for providing leadership and tactical direction across Change, Release and Incident Management.
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering their clients superior coverage and service. The business embodies the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate them from the competition. The Arch group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, the Arch track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. The company's mission is to provide their clients with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across their global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
It is an exciting time to join and be part of the Arch growth journey whilst they incorporate agile ways of working to better the customer experience and market offerings.
With an Agile IT function heavily invested into new, state-of-the-art technology tools and platforms and a new Digital Product Management structure, the business are now seeking talent that thinks in an innovative way, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve their customers and develop the company.
- As the IT Change & Release Manager, you will ensure that all relevant teams follow the organisation's established policies and procedures, and provide management reports on Release progress.
- You will take a central role in defining, implementing and managing Arch's Release Management policies, processes and communications, whilst chairing and coordinating the Change and Release governance forums.
- You will support the planning, management and delivery of programmes and projects within Arch that have IT implementation activities, whilst continuously improving the end-to-end Change and Release process, liaising with Service Delivery Management, IT Architecture, Arch Technical Services and the POIT (Product Orientated IT), Development and Test teams.
- Operating in a senior capacity, you will lead the design, build and configuration of release packages, including interfaces, patches, upgrades, scheduled maintenance and new installations, as well as managing the release, distribution and installation of both custom built and packaged software.
- In addition to this, you will support the planning of service roll-outs, including methods of deployment and realisation, whilst signing off the Release package for implementation once the minimum standards have been identified and met.
- You will update service knowledge management and configuration management database systems.
- Stakeholder engagement will be key, and you will establish and maintain good relationships within IT Services and Business Change, additionally interacting with business teams, as and when required.
- Externally, you will also establish and maintain good relationships with vendors, critical to the provisioning of environments.
- In terms of Change Management duties, you will ensure the Change Control Board is effectively reviewing all production changes for compliance, accuracy, and prevention of potential production issues.
- Your Release Management duties will provide oversight of the process, leadership of Product Team production deployment planning and facilitating of implementations.
- Incident Management duties will include the support of on-call rotation for first response to incident notifications, and coordination of issue triage.
- IT Governance duties will assist the tracking of Product teams productivity and Agile Product maturity level via metrics collection and oversight.
- A strong background in IT Service Management, working as an IT Change & Release Manager.
- ITIL Foundation qualified or above.
- A good knowledge of SCCM, Exchange, SQL server, SharePoint, Windows Server and Citrix.
- Preference would be given to candidates with Insurance Industry experience.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience of Control, Release and Validation.
- Knowledge of JIRA.
- Experience working with off-shore development teams.
Competitive starting salary of £50,000 and a strong benefits package.
Also, working as part of an Agile team, heavily invested in Technology, Central Birmingham Office, exciting projects and programs of work with future progression opportunities.
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Apply now Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
View all jobs
Automation Test Engineer £35,000 - £45,000 per annum B904LH, West Midlands (County) Service Delivery Manager £45,000 - £55,000 per annum Birmingham, West Midlands (County) Service Delivery Manager £45,000 - £50,000 per annum Birmingham, West Midlands (County) Product Owner £41,000 per annum B263PW, West Midlands (County) Test Manager Competitive salary Solihull, West Midlands (County) Application Support Manager - Cloud, RPA, DevOps £50,000 - £75,000 per annum Birmingham, West Midlands (County) Automation Test Analyst £35,000 - £45,000 per annum Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
ITIL Release Control and Validation RCV Online, self-paced £460.80 ITIL® Intermediate: Release, Control & Validation (RCV) with Official Exam Online, self-paced £249.00 ITIL® Intermediate Level - Release, Control & Validation Online, self-paced £1,499.00 View IT courses
Contracts Engineer / Project Engineer required. I’m recruiting for a global Chiller, Air Handling Unit & Commercial / Industrial cooling manufacturer. A commonly recognised brand within the HVAC...
Job Title: Transport Planner (development planning) Office Location: Birmingham Salary Range: £27,500 – £37,500 An award-winning engineering consultancy is looking to expand its Birmingham office...
Band 5 Inpatients Staff Nurse Interview and Selection day – 7th Dec 2019, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust;, 1 dayAre you a Registered Nurse or third year nursing student? Are you seeking exciting new opportunities or a chance to enhance your professional development? Do you strive to always deliver high...
SST | Decontamination | £9 per hour | Solihull | Excellent Training and benefits Spire Parkway Hospital located in idyllic Solihull have an exciting opportunity available for a Sterile Services...
IGPR Training Programme Director - West Midlands Fixed term until March 2020 0.2 WTE or undertaken in conjunction with a conventional TPD post (0.1 WTE) As part of HEEs contribution to the...
Finance Administrator (3 Months Maternity Cover - Part Time) Birmingham B28 £9.50 / Hour 9:00 - 17:00 (Minimum 3 days Per Week) About the Role: We are looking for a pro-active Finance...
Contracts Engineer / Project Engineer required. I’m recruiting for a global Chiller, Air...
Job Title: Transport Planner (development planning) Office Location: Birmingham Salary Range:...
Band 5 Inpatients Staff Nurse Interview and Selection day – 7th Dec 2019, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust;, 1 dayAre you a Registered Nurse or third year nursing student? Are you seeking exciting new...
SST | Decontamination | £9 per hour | Solihull | Excellent Training and benefits Spire Parkway...
IGPR Training Programme Director - West Midlands Fixed term until March 2020 0.2 WTE or...
Finance Administrator (3 Months Maternity Cover - Part Time) Birmingham B28 £9.50 / Hour 9:00 -...