What will I be doing in this role?
You will be managing a team of highly skilled and professional individuals in technical roles to deliver timetable development and analysis.
· Your team will undertake activity to support complex industry capacity decision making processes and business planning activities.
· You will manage the development, performance, and succession planning of team members to enable a high performing team. This will include the identification and agreement of individual objectives and encouragement of greater collaboration across Capacity Planning where cohesion is required.
· You will need to be aware of, and responsive to, changing business needs, communicating these with stakeholders to achieve support, in order to tactically align Capacity Planning resource to deliver timetables for evolving industry requirements.
· You will lead a team to work effectively with stakeholders (DfT and TOCs/FOCs and Regions) to establish requirements, subsequently managing the strategic allocation of capacity analysis resource to enable efficient delivery of analysis activity.
· You will identify relevant skills gaps in team members and where they exist take responsibility for the organisation of development opportunities through direct coaching and / or mentoring, or through the organisation of formal training via Network Rail Training and HR Business Partners where relevant.
· Drive the use of appropriate project management techniques through the development of capability within the team in order to agree and maintain clear remits with customers and to deliver analysis to time, cost and quality.
· Create an environment within the team of continuous business improvement, including sharing best practice, developing analytical tools and building individual competence so that analysis can identify the best use of available network capacity to support access requirements
What projects are you currently working on?
Our workload is driven by the Calendar of Events and providing analytical support to current Event Steering Groups including Western, Anglia, Midland Main Line, East Coast Main Line and Wales.
This includes developing packages of work in support of major programmes such as CrossRail, HS2 and East West Rail, and franchise change implementation including the new Welsh franchise and East Midlands.
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
· Proven experience of managing and motivating a high performing team
· Delivering customer service and technical output improvements through continuous improvement
· Proven project management experience
· Substantial experience of complex capacity planning and/or analysis and the use of the RailSys modelling tool and other such resources
· Significant demonstrable, and up-to-date, knowledge of capacity challenges
· Knowledge of the transport/railway sector
We would also like you to have but not essential…
· Experience of working in a regulatory environment
· Understanding of financial/business plan information and processes
The purpose of the PMO Analyst role is to support the efficient and high-quality delivery of a large-scale complex business transformation programme, which includes the deployment of several new...
£40,000 - £450,000 per annum Northampton , Northamptonshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Becoming a Finance Manager with Capita This role is...
£22,000 - £45,000 per annum Northamptonshire , East Midlands Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Senior Account Manager - Northamptonshire (covering...
Regional Account Manager Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire £40,000 - £50,000, Commission and Car As the Regional Account Manager-Lighting, you will be reporting to and working closely with the Regional...
Excited to be recruiting a Financial Controller to join a growing SME firm based in Dunstable. My client has impressive growth plans for the next several years and has strong backing from the...
We are currently recruiting for a Bridge Engineer for our Rail, Bridges and Structures team in our centrally located Bedford office. Our Bedford office has an established track record of...
The purpose of the PMO Analyst role is to support the efficient and high-quality delivery of a...
£40,000 - £450,000 per annum Northampton , Northamptonshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the...
£22,000 - £45,000 per annum Northamptonshire , East Midlands Permanent, full-time Be one of the...
Regional Account Manager Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire £40,000 - £50,000, Commission and Car As...
Excited to be recruiting a Financial Controller to join a growing SME firm based in Dunstable....
We are currently recruiting for a Bridge Engineer for our Rail, Bridges and Structures team in...