A certified Health Safety and Environmental Officer is sought by a market leading manufacturer to join their team based in Worcestershire.
As a Health Safety & Environmental Officer you will ensure that Health & Safety systems are implemented, audited and improved upon in order to satisfy strategic intent of the company and the requirements of the law.
Ensuring that the Health & Safety systems are in place, imbedded and understood across all areas of the business and to assist in the growth of a Health and Safety culture. Your day to day duties will include:
- Ensure compliance with UK Health & Safety legislation
- Adopting Industry Best Practice where possible
- Advising at all levels of the Company
- Maintaining Health and Safety Documentation
- Ensuring Incidents are reported and investigated
- Production of Key Performance Indicators
- Reporting on Health & Safety Performance
- Promotion of the Health and Safety culture within the organisation
- Reporting and communicating with Insurance companies and Loss Adjusters
- Supporting Health & Safety initiatives across all areas of the business
- Producing audit programs
- Conduct audits against statutory requirements, individual departments and random inspections
- Compiling information for Health & Safety presentations
- Ensure suitable and sufficient risk assessments and safe systems of work are produced and incorporated across the business
- Carrying out manual handling assessments
- Producing COSHH assessment utilising Sypol
- Conducting or assisting in accident investigations
- Communication of Health & Safety with key Stakeholders and external regulators
- Ensure site security systems are in place satisfying the regulations
- Ensuring new or modified processes / sites comply with Health and Safety requirements
- Conducting fire risk assessments
- Production and implementation of emergency procedures
- Carry out noise assessments
- Conduct light assessments
- Workplace assessments as required
- Understanding of HAVS and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements for statutory training requirements
- Interpretations of Occupational Health assessments
The successful Health Safety & Environmental Officer will demonstrate:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible & adaptable to changing work requirements
- NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Safety – Required as a minimum
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management or IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental ManagementSelf motivated (drive, determination & enthusiasm) & able to work on own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise a demanding workload / Well organised with ability to multi-task and proactively manage a variety of different cases to conclusion at any given time.
- Problem Solving
- Negotiation / Diplomacy
- IT literate in using Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of OHAS 18001 & ISO14001 compliance systems
- Internal Auditor Qualified to either 9001, 18001 and 14001
- Asbestos Awareness : Required as minimum
- Knowledge of relevant UK Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Must have Continued Professional Development
- RPE Fit to Fit Testing
- COSHH assessments
- Manual Handling Assessments
- Must be able to Deliver Training
Health Safety & Environmental Officer
Excellent Salary + benefits
Quality Auditor / QA Auditor / Quality Assurance Auditor Food/Beverage Processing Evesham, Worcestershire £22,000 Shifts: 5/7 days, including weekends (approx. 10 hour shifts) No Night Shift The...
This is an excellent opportunity of working with an established Health and Safety Consultancy in Bromsgrove. You will work closely with one of our Health and Safety Administrators but also as part...
Age UK Worcester & District are looking to recruit a Retail Manager 22.5hrs per week £23,000 (pro rata) Job Purpose and Role: To manage and oversee the efficient running of Charity Shops to enable...
West Midlands , West Midlands (Region) £20,000 - £22,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Artboard 96 copy 2 Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Quality Auditor / QA Auditor /...
Worcestershire , West Midlands (Region) £33,000 - £38,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 1 application Apply now Quality Engineer Worcestershire Working hours Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5.00pm and Fri...
Quality Engineer Worcestershire Working hours Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5.00pm and Fri 8.00am-1.00pm Also extra hours maybe needed Are you looking for a new opportunity? Are you a Quality Engineer? Well...
Quality Auditor / QA Auditor / Quality Assurance Auditor Food/Beverage Processing Evesham,...
This is an excellent opportunity of working with an established Health and Safety Consultancy in...
Age UK Worcester & District are looking to recruit a Retail Manager 22.5hrs per week £23,000...
West Midlands , West Midlands (Region) £20,000 - £22,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Artboard...
Worcestershire , West Midlands (Region) £33,000 - £38,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 1...
Quality Engineer Worcestershire Working hours Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5.00pm and Fri 8.00am-1.00pm Also...