A certified Health Safety and Environmental Officer is sought by a market leading manufacturer to join their team based in Worcestershire.
As a Health Safety & Environmental Officer you will ensure that Health & Safety systems are implemented, audited and improved upon in order to satisfy strategic intent of the company and the requirements of the law.
Ensuring that the Health & Safety systems are in place, imbedded and understood across all areas of the business and to assist in the growth of a Health and Safety culture. Your day to day duties will include:
- Ensure compliance with UK Health & Safety legislation
- Adopting Industry Best Practice where possible
- Advising at all levels of the Company
- Maintaining Health and Safety Documentation
- Ensuring Incidents are reported and investigated
- Production of Key Performance Indicators
- Reporting on Health & Safety Performance
- Promotion of the Health and Safety culture within the organisation
- Reporting and communicating with Insurance companies and Loss Adjusters
- Supporting Health & Safety initiatives across all areas of the business
- Producing audit programs
- Conduct audits against statutory requirements, individual departments and random inspections
- Compiling information for Health & Safety presentations
- Ensure suitable and sufficient risk assessments and safe systems of work are produced and incorporated across the business
- Carrying out manual handling assessments
- Producing COSHH assessment utilising Sypol
- Conducting or assisting in accident investigations
- Communication of Health & Safety with key Stakeholders and external regulators
- Ensure site security systems are in place satisfying the regulations
- Ensuring new or modified processes / sites comply with Health and Safety requirements
- Conducting fire risk assessments
- Production and implementation of emergency procedures
- Carry out noise assessments
- Conduct light assessments
- Workplace assessments as required
- Understanding of HAVS and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements for statutory training requirements
- Interpretations of Occupational Health assessments
The successful Health Safety & Environmental Officer will demonstrate:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible & adaptable to changing work requirements
- NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Safety – Required as a minimum
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management or IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental ManagementSelf motivated (drive, determination & enthusiasm) & able to work on own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise a demanding workload / Well organised with ability to multi-task and proactively manage a variety of different cases to conclusion at any given time.
- Problem Solving
- Negotiation / Diplomacy
- IT literate in using Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of OHAS 18001 & ISO14001 compliance systems
- Internal Auditor Qualified to either 9001, 18001 and 14001
- Asbestos Awareness : Required as minimum
- Knowledge of relevant UK Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Must have Continued Professional Development
- RPE Fit to Fit Testing
- COSHH assessments
- Manual Handling Assessments
- Must be able to Deliver Training
Health Safety & Environmental Officer
Excellent Salary + benefits
Worcester , Worcestershire £30,336 - £32,659 per annum Permanent, full-time Artboard 96 copy 2 Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Sanctuary Group is one of the...
Worcestershire , West Midlands (Region) £45,000 - £52,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Artboard 96 copy 2 Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now We are currently working in...
Worcester , Worcestershire Competitive salary Permanent, full-time or part-time 5 applications Apply on employer's website To professionally lead the care team during any span of duty, ensuring...
Relief Security Officer – Casual Job Ref : SACBRN0203/JW Covering Kidderminster & The West Midlands £8.25 per hour Plus Benefits including Discounts at Major Supermarkets (such as Morrisons,...
Security Officer Benefits: Competitive Salary 20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Contributory Health Plan We now have an exciting...
Prison Officer - HMP Hewell HMP Hewell, Hewell Lane, REDDITCH, Worcestershire, B97 6QS Salary: £22,396 (based on 39 hours), with potential to earn more depending on contract hours and overtime....
Worcester , Worcestershire £30,336 - £32,659 per annum Permanent, full-time Artboard 96 copy 2 ...
Worcestershire , West Midlands (Region) £45,000 - £52,000 per annum Permanent,...
Worcester , Worcestershire Competitive salary Permanent, full-time or part-time 5...
Relief Security Officer – Casual Job Ref : SACBRN0203/JW Covering Kidderminster & The West...
Security Officer Benefits: Competitive Salary 20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Company...
Prison Officer - HMP Hewell HMP Hewell, Hewell Lane, REDDITCH, Worcestershire, B97 6QS Salary:...