GBR-Hertfordshire-Hertfordshire-Cheshunt Marriott HotelView on map
Sep 23, 2017
Housekeeping & Laundry
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Full-time Relocation? No Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
• Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
WGC Limited, the UK's leading outsourced Hotel Housekeeping service provider, is seeking a Room Attendant to join its talented and progressive team. In this role, you will report to Head...
Room Attendants/ Housekeepers -Green Park £8 ph View all jobs Posted 5 days ago by Servest £15,000 - £16,000 per annum West London , London Permanent, full-time 4 applications Apply now Room...
Room Attendant/ Housekeepers £8ph View all jobs Posted 4 days ago by Servest £15,000 - £17,000 per annum West London , London Permanent, full-time 7 applications Apply now Room...
Room Attendants/ Housekeepers- CITY View all jobs Posted 5 days ago by Servest £15,000 - £17,000 per annum East London , London Permanent, full-time 9 applications Apply now Room...
Details Assistant Front Office Manager – Luxury Hotel - Hertfordshire Salary: £19,000-21,000 Location: Hertfordshire Property My client is the LEADING growing hotel...
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Housekeeping career with us as a Housekeeping Porter at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel. Park Plaza...
WGC Limited, the UK's leading outsourced Hotel Housekeeping service provider, is seeking a Room...
Room Attendants/ Housekeepers -Green Park £8 ph View all jobs Posted 5 days ago by ...
Room Attendant/ Housekeepers £8ph View all jobs Posted 4 days ago by Servest £15,000 - £17,000...
Room Attendants/ Housekeepers- CITY View all jobs Posted 5 days ago by Servest £15,000 -...
Details Assistant Front Office Manager – Luxury Hotel - Hertfordshire Salary: ...
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your...