GBR-Hertfordshire-Hertfordshire-Cheshunt Marriott HotelView on map
Sep 23, 2017
Housekeeping & Laundry
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Full-time Relocation? No Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
• Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Event Executive - Swindon Posting Date May 23, 2018Job Number 18001EIBJob Category Sales and MarketingLocation Swindon Marriott Hotel, Swindon, Wiltshire Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW...
Human Resources Coordinator - Derbyshire Posting Date Jun 08, 2018Job Number 18001GVDJob Category Human ResourcesLocation Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Derbyshire, Derbyshire...
Food and Beverage Shift Leader - Cast Iron Bar - Warwickshire, Marriott Hotels Golf & Country Clubs, 3 daysFood and Beverage Shift Leader - Cast Iron Bar - Warwickshire Posting Date Jun 11, 2018Job Number 18001N71Job Category Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country...
Cloakroom attendant Primary Location : United Kingdom-London-The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel Employee Status : Regular Cloak room attendant First impressions are everything! As a Cloakroom...
Level of Education Others Areas of study Other Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential English Overview of duties "• Ensures that guests' have a smooth running stay at the...
Assistant Executive Housekeeper ( Job Number: R147560) Description At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When...
Event Executive - Swindon Posting Date May 23, 2018Job Number 18001EIBJob Category Sales and...
Human Resources Coordinator - Derbyshire Posting Date Jun 08, 2018Job Number 18001GVDJob...
Food and Beverage Shift Leader - Cast Iron Bar - Warwickshire, Marriott Hotels Golf & Country Clubs, 3 daysFood and Beverage Shift Leader - Cast Iron Bar - Warwickshire Posting Date Jun 11, 2018Job...
Cloakroom attendant Primary Location : United Kingdom-London-The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed...
Level of Education Others Areas of study Other Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages...
Assistant Executive Housekeeper ( Job Number: R147560) Description At InterContinental® Hotels &...