The Finance function is responsible for establishing the Groups cash requirements through the planning process, securing the income requirements through the regulatory process and funding the Company's borrowing requirements through the financial markets. It controls expenditure and provides clear and accurate management information. Providing value for money from suppliers through contracts and procurement the Finance function also mitigates the Company's exposure to financial risk. In addition the function upholds sound financial control and regulation to meet all external statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirements that are expected of a major listed UK company.
You will be the leading technical expert on public sector and corporate accounting. Leading the Group Financial Accounting Team to provide guidance and clarity over how accounting frameworks should be applied and implemented within the Group. Maintaining the integrity of and managing the Group's external financial reporting including the groups Annual Report & Accounts, subsidiary accounts and the requirements of DfT Group accounts.
* Develop strategies used to advise the Board and Audit Committee on new accounting developments and propose accounting policies suitable for the business.
* Shape strategies for optimising financial performance in the group and across government by establishing and building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to resolve complex business and organisational objectives by providing expert guidance and advice with regard to all accounting frameworks (e.g. IFRS, FReM and ESA10).
* Manage and own the production of the financial regulations consistent with accounting policies, in order to maintain best accounting practice and a high standard of internal financial control.
* Lead the statutory (year end and interim) accounts on a timescale and to a standard that is appropriate to a major UK listed PLC and manage the group's relationship with its external auditors.
* Work collaboratively with the DfT and NAO on financial accounting matters.
* Lead and drive the returns and valuations required for the DfT group accounts on a timescale and to a standard that is required to meet DfT' s reporting obligations.
* Monitor that the financial projections in the business plan are consistent with accounting policies through review of the financial model. Provide expertise to the Planning & Regulation function in order to facilitate the production of financial information to support regulatory reviews.
* Manage and develop a highly technically team so as to enable the continual review of the Group's accounting policies, estimates and treatments to optimise the impact on financial objectives and covenants.
* Provide the accounting expertise to support the treasury and funding strategy of the group.
* Oversee and direct the back office support to the treasury function including reporting and compliance activities.
* Provide leadership and professional financial guidance to all company finance staff in respect of IFRS accounting standards, the company's accounting policies, procedures and financial regulations.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Charted Accountant preferably ACA or equivalent, with demonstrable post qualification experience in Corporate Financial Accounting and reporting.
* Experience working in a large complex organisation having had exposure to all aspects of International Accounting Standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
* Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS, and the FReM.
* Good working knowledge of fiscal measures as described in ESA 10.
* Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills with proven experience in successfully managing a relationship with external auditors and government departments.
* Proven experience in managing, developing and motivating a team of technical specialist professionals and ability to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
* Strong proactive commercial approach, works well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and handle challenging demands.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Apply now Job no:626041 Contract type:Permanent Location:Dunstable Categories:Finance Costa Coffee is all about the people and the passion for coffee. We believe in great coffee for everyone… and...
Are you a qualified and ambitious accountant in ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent, with commercial finance experience gained within a fast paced hospitality environment? If so, we have a brilliant...
Job no:629915 Contract type:Permanent Location:Dunstable Categories:Finance Salary: £Competitive Finance Manager External Reporting Whitbread PLC; Based out of our Head Office in...
Competitive salary Dunstable , Bedfordshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Direct Tax Manager £Competitive salary plus excellent benefits...
Key Accountabilities · Deliver the project(s) safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group, Network Rail...
Sales Planning Specialist Description At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus whilst connecting more customers with our brand and...
Apply now Job no:626041 Contract type:Permanent Location:Dunstable Categories:Finance Costa...
Are you a qualified and ambitious accountant in ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent, with commercial...
Job no:629915 Contract type:Permanent Location:Dunstable Categories:Finance Salary:...
Competitive salary Dunstable , Bedfordshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Key Accountabilities · Deliver the project(s) safely to time, cost and quality, in...
Sales Planning Specialist Description At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or...