Job Title: 2018 Graduate Development Programme
As a graduate you will work through a structured two and a half year programme, combining practical experience, academic learning and professional development whilst also offering you the opportunity to network with peers and personnel from all areas of our business.
The Laing O’Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Diverse on-the-job experience is complemented by an engaging series of learning modules designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of business principles whilst also exposing you to the latest industry thinking and expertise. These workshops are designed to help you develop the personal and professional skills required for project delivery excellence.
At the same time, you will follow a step-by-step process designed to fast-track you towards Chartership. Where applicable, we will initiate lateral moves across key disciplines to broaden your knowledge base and facilitate your continued professional development. As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will be expected to work towards professional accreditation, with a relevant institution, such as the ICE, CIMA, CIPD or iMechE, with the aspiration of achieving incorporated status within three years of starting the Graduate Development Programme.
You will also benefit from an excellent salary and package of benefits which also includes a Company Car.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
- Candidates from a non-engineering background such as mathematics, physics, operations management, supply chain management or logistics who demonstrate a passion for our industry will be considered.
There are 4 stages to our Graduate Development Programme recruitment process:
- Stage 1 - Online application. Once we receive your application, this will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete stage 2 of the selection process.
- Stage 2 - Online tests. You will be required to complete a series of verbal reasoning, diagrammatical and numerical online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage 3 of the selection process.
- Stage 3 – Telephone Interview Upon successful completion of the online testing, you will be invited to complete a telephone interview. If successful at this stage, we will invite you to the final stage of the application process.
- Stage 4 - Assessment centre. You will be invited to attend an assessment centre Explore Industrial Park in Worksop. Your half day assessment will include a structured interview, a group discussion and an individual presentation exercise.
Providing you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your degree classification and successful background security and reference checks.
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2018**
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 331 of 1000 Early Phase I - Senior SAS Programmer - UK Company: SEC Recruitment Location: England Reference:...
Planning Manager Location: Whitehaven Talented people are the key to our success About us: Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful...
Construction Planner – Food Industry Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Planner to join their Major Projects team providing a complete range of construction services to the...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 344 of 1000 Senior regulatory specialist Company: SEC Recruitment Location: England Reference:...
Landed Estates Building Surveyor (Projects) Berkshire/ London Up to £60,000 + Generous package I am recruiting on behalf of arguably the most prestigious landed estate in the United Kingdom. The...
Job Reference : Job Title : Payroll / Pensions Officer Area of Work : Payroll Employer : Leeds Teaching Hospitals Department : Finance Location : Leeds Salary : (£16968 - £19852) Job Type :...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 331 of...
Planning Manager Location: Whitehaven Talented people are the key to our success About us: Would...
Construction Planner – Food Industry Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Construction...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 344 of...
Landed Estates Building Surveyor (Projects) Berkshire/ London Up to £60,000 + Generous package I...
Job Reference : Job Title : Payroll / Pensions Officer Area of Work : Payroll Employer : Leeds...