We are recruiting for a an engineer, educated to degree level in Civil Engineering to join our successful team based in Belfast.
Main Purpose of Position:
You will be working within the Water Engineering team whose scope of project work includes:
- Wastewater and water projects including treatment works, sewer networks, pumping stations and rising mains
- Drainage schemes
- Marine projects
- Flood risk and drainage assessment
- Hydraulic and network modelling
You will be expected to be involved in all project work stages from inception to completion including:
- Feasibility studies and option appraisals
- Outline and detailed design
- Budget cost estimates
- Contract management
- Site supervision
- Construction project management in the role of Project Manager under NEC ECC contracts
- Assist the team to make sure that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives
- Work under the supervision of an Associate and/or Associate Director
You will be expected to
- Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures
- Make sure that legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions are complied with
- Undertake contract administration of projects to make sure that time and budgetary requirements are met
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, Statutory Authorities, utility companies and other consultants, as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering
- Graduate Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Engineers Ireland (IEI)
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microdrainage WinDes
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification For Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification For The Water Industry and Sewers For Adoption and their implementation
- Experience of and ability in working within project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies such as Northern Ireland Water, Northern Ireland Environment Agency / Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, DfI Roads and DfI Rivers
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment
- Chartered or approaching Chartered member of the ICE or IEI
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions Of Contract
- Experience of working on Northern Ireland Water Framework Contracts
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
£36,000 per annum Overross Industrial Estate , Herefordshire Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Digital Lead Contract: full time, fixed-term...
PwC’s Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together...
£24,684 per annum Belfast , County Antrim Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Annual salary: up to £24,684.00 Senior Planning Technician...
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 6 Category: Allied Health Professions Salary: Band 6 (£31,800 - £39,169) Contract: FixedTerm Duration: Fixed-term or...
Project Coordinator PMO About the role We’re looking for experienced project professionals who will help us deliver best in class projects across our business and to our clients. We are...
This role sets the direction and establishes the approach for planning, design, building, and integrating cloud services and provider systems to achieve global alignment with business strategies...
£36,000 per annum Overross Industrial Estate , Herefordshire Contract, full-time Be one of the...
PwC’s Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of...
£24,684 per annum Belfast , County Antrim Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Location: University Hospital Hairmyres G75 8RG Grade: Band 6 Category: Allied Health...
Project Coordinator PMO About the role We’re looking for experienced project professionals who...
This role sets the direction and establishes the approach for planning, design, building, and...