About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As a Dirty Bomb Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. You will be required to manage your workload and make sure that you adhere to good development practices.
You will be working with all disciplines of the development team, helping them to realise their ideas and solve their problems through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development. You will also pay attention to the state of the live game and actively looking out for ways to improve the player experience, be it optimisation, refactoring, fixing gameplay bugs or reducing friction in the game sessions.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Work with the Design Team to define gameplay requirements
- Work with the various content generation teams to make great-looking and fun games
- Have a passion to create new game-related features
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years professional game development experience
- At least one shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Professional development experience on real-time networked multiplayer games
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
- Ability to analyse performance and optimise code for CPU, memory and bandwidth usage
- Solid understanding of game-development related mathematics
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine at source code level
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics related field
- Experience working in small, focused teams
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.
One of the world's most iconic brands is seeking a talented PR Manager to raise awareness of the fascinating innovations and products available within its media offering. That includes online...
WWW.WATCHR.CO.UK ● LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM ● OPERATIONS Watchr.co.uk is the fastest growing marketplace to buy and sell watches 100% online. Gone are the days of haggling with the used watch...
atWatchr.co.uk inLondon Operations Intern WWW.WATCHR.CO.UK ● LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM ● OPERATIONS Watchr.co.uk is the fastest growing marketplace to buy and sell watches 100% online. Gone are the...
Are you looking for a role which will enable you to progress your accountancy career? Are you looking to be involved in a new and busy startup? Do you have Practice Manager aspirations? If so then...
Description We run three startup and growing leadership and personal development businesses from offices in West London and we would like a social media and design executive to support us with...
Job Title Lead Game Designer Job Category Game Design Job Description Are you a fan of MMO RPGs? Do you want to work on a brand new unannounced IP? We are working with a development studio who are...
One of the world's most iconic brands is seeking a talented PR Manager to raise awareness of the...
WWW.WATCHR.CO.UK ● LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM ● OPERATIONS Watchr.co.uk is the fastest growing...
atWatchr.co.uk inLondon Operations Intern WWW.WATCHR.CO.UK ● LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM ●...
Are you looking for a role which will enable you to progress your accountancy career? Are you...
Description We run three startup and growing leadership and personal development businesses from...
Job Title Lead Game Designer Job Category Game Design Job Description Are you a fan of MMO RPGs?...