To provide excellent customer service from the preparation, presentation and service of food, beverages and vending services to the client & Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- Comply with all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace (Specific Site Rules)
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies, ensuring completion of daiy allergens log.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good communications skills
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality.
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic Certificate in general hygiene
- Experience of working in an environment where compliance to standards is key.
- Knowledge of Company IT systems such as PayIT
This is a fixed term contract for 3 months with a possibility of a permanent position after this period.
Although the role is Monday - Friday 12:30 - 16:30 the candidate must be flexible to work mornings as required.
Training and uniform will be provided.
Back to Search results Location South Shields Academy NE34 Contract Type Casual Worker Working Days Monday - Friday Working Times Between 12:45 pm and 2:45 pm Shift Pattern Term Time Only Working...
Job Summary Working Pattern: Full time - term time Advert Start Date: 26/04/2018 Advert End Date: 22/05/2018 11:59 Job Category: Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services Employment Location: West...
The North East Processing Centre of the NHSBSA has an opportunity for 2 Catering Assistants, working 25 hours per week, to carry out catering duties in the canteen area. There will be a...
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title : Handy Man Monday- Friday 10am-3pm Reports to : The Manager or person in charge ________________________________________________________________ Purpose of Job: Tidy...
Job Title IKEA Food Restaurant Co-worker (Sales Assistant) - 16 Hours per Week Location Newcastle ( Gateshead ) Country UK Work Area Food & Restaurant Full Time - Part Time Part Time Job Type...
Himley House - DudleySalary 177.00Hours Per Week 30.0 Chef & Brewer are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and confident applicant to join their team as an Apprentice Front of House Assistant....
Back to Search results Location South Shields Academy NE34 Contract Type Casual Worker Working...
Job Summary Working Pattern: Full time - term time Advert Start Date: 26/04/2018 Advert End...
The North East Processing Centre of the NHSBSA has an opportunity for 2 Catering Assistants,...
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title : Handy Man Monday- Friday 10am-3pm Reports to : The Manager or person...
Job Title IKEA Food Restaurant Co-worker (Sales Assistant) - 16 Hours per Week Location ...
Himley House - DudleySalary 177.00Hours Per Week 30.0 Chef & Brewer are looking for an...