To provide excellent customer service from the preparation, presentation and service of food, beverages and vending services to the client & Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- Comply with all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace (Specific Site Rules)
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies, ensuring completion of daiy allergens log.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good communications skills
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality.
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic Certificate in general hygiene
- Experience of working in an environment where compliance to standards is key.
- Knowledge of Company IT systems such as PayIT
This is a fixed term contract for 3 months with a possibility of a permanent position after this period.
Although the role is Monday - Friday 12:30 - 16:30 the candidate must be flexible to work mornings as required.
Training and uniform will be provided.
Commis Chef Hilton Newcastle Gateshead Hotel Gateshead, Tyne and Wear What will I be doing? As a Commis Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an...
We’re hiring! We’re on the hunt for an uber talented Chef with a passion for food from around the world. We’re a young business having been established for two years but, we’re growing so fast...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Catering Assistant to work as part of our Patient Meals Service Team. You will work 25 hours a week, 5 days a week on a rota system covering...
« Back to results *Food Service Assistant/Barista - Contract Catering - Monday to Friday - Day Time Hours - 17k per year* We are currently looking for a food service assistant that is barista...
It’s an exciting time to join us, this role offers you the chance to lead our nationally renowned Food and Drink offering and forms part of the senior management team at the museum. As the Head of...
Coast & Country are a leading housing and regeneration company, based in the Tees Valley. We provide over 10,000 homes across a variety of different tenures, from rental stock to shared ownership...
Commis Chef Hilton Newcastle Gateshead Hotel Gateshead, Tyne and Wear What will I be doing? As a...
We’re hiring! We’re on the hunt for an uber talented Chef with a passion for food from around...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Catering Assistant to work as part of our...
« Back to results *Food Service Assistant/Barista - Contract Catering - Monday to Friday - Day...
It’s an exciting time to join us, this role offers you the chance to lead our nationally...
Coast & Country are a leading housing and regeneration company, based in the Tees Valley. We...