To provide excellent customer service from the preparation, presentation and service of food, beverages and vending services to the client & Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- Comply with all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace (Specific Site Rules)
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies, ensuring completion of daiy allergens log.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good communications skills
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality.
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic Certificate in general hygiene
- Experience of working in an environment where compliance to standards is key.
- Knowledge of Company IT systems such as PayIT
This is a fixed term contract for 3 months with a possibility of a permanent position after this period.
Although the role is Monday - Friday 12:30 - 16:30 the candidate must be flexible to work mornings as required.
Training and uniform will be provided.
Two Catering Assistants Required: Term time only (38 weeks per year) plus 2 days 2 ½ hours per day Monday to Friday Daily hours of work 11.40 am to 2.10 pm Point 6 (£16,394 Full Time Equivalent)...
We are looking for an enthusiastic General Assistant to join our highly motivated and focussed team. Responsibilities To perform a variety of tasks associated with food production, front and back...
We're looking for an experienced Facilities Assistant to undertake a multi skilled FM role including cleaning, catering duties, to the required standards. Role will cover the various Soft Services...
Team Leader This is a Part Time 20 Hours per week contract. THE TRAILER – THE ROLE We are looking for a Team Leader who is passionate about great customer service to join the team here at Vue. ACT...
The Crown and Crossed Sword are offering one successful candidate the opportunity to join their growing team. The successful candidate will undertake a Food Production and Cooking Apprenticeship....
Catering Assistant The Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trusts Catering Department provides a wide range of food related services across 3 hospital sites in and around Dudley and...
Two Catering Assistants Required: Term time only (38 weeks per year) plus 2 days 2 ½ hours per...
We are looking for an enthusiastic General Assistant to join our highly motivated and focussed...
We're looking for an experienced Facilities Assistant to undertake a multi skilled FM role...
Team Leader This is a Part Time 20 Hours per week contract. THE TRAILER – THE ROLE We are...
The Crown and Crossed Sword are offering one successful candidate the opportunity to join their...
Catering Assistant The Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trusts Catering...